Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?

Go down 
+15
Ldude
Nirvana92
Moonshadow
TheSpiral
shades
boringguy
Draw_It_White
sororityalpha
James411
Falco
FlyerFan
eli27
Jenn
tfsa47090
PaintItBlack
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85853
Forum Reputation : 340

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Jenn wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
Baby P was disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.
The mother and stepfather of Baby P should have a public execution where they are nailed to a piece of wood (like Jesus' cross, though I don't believe in god) and both burnt. They sicken me and I hope they only get misfortune and die a violent, gruesome death like their poor boy.
Baby P was pretty disgusting but I think the worst one I ever read about was Baby Brianna. What her own Mother, Father and Uncle did to her the entire 5 months she was alive, I can't even fathom anyone doing that to any baby let alone their own. They tortured her every single day. The things they did to her were unimaginable and I won't even type it out. All child abuse is sad but this one upsets me like no other and I think about that poor baby often.

Just looked up Baby Brianna and saw her injuries...I'm only 1 minute into a video that's nearly 7 minutes long and I'm already disgusted. Why do sickos like this exist?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2020 10:48 pm

N/A

Last edited by Burn on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 12:46 am

They certainly committed an evil deed, but I think far more evil deeds have been done by far more evil people. So, no I would not consider them to be some of the most evil people ever.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2020 4:41 pm

This is actually quite a fascinating topic to discuss. Lot of interesting responses to comment on.

PaintItBlack wrote:
One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people who get into this or just start researching it think that E &D were some of the most evil people to ever live on this earth.
They routinely show up on most evil people or Most evil children lists.

This is, of course, due to sheer laziness, in that many people won't bother looking above the surface level to find the more truly heinous or ghastly crimes people have committed throughout the years. It's hard to find people talking about John Chivington, easy to find people talk about E&D.

That being said, it's also important to keep in mind what Eric and Dylan did, and what they wanted to achieve. They murdered thirteen people, crippled or traumatized many others, and tried to kill several more, mocked their victim's pain, and then took their own lives. The families of the victims and even their own families have been emotionally devastated for years now because of their actions. As if all this wasn't enough their original plan was to kill hundreds in a bombing, which would've put them in the same league as McVeigh and bin Laden. So all in all, while Columbine wasn't as visceral or prolonged as repeatedly beating and raping an infant every day for five months until death, it certainly caused more harm and to far more people. So I find it very questionable when people seek to downplay their crimes by bringing up someone else who tortured their victims to death, even if it's someone or something that can't really defend itself, like an infant or animal.

PaintItBlack wrote:
For some reason,the sickeningly disgusting cases of people raping babies and toddlers seem to have become more common.

It has not, our methods to detect such crimes have simply improved to the point where the vast majority of these cases can now be discovered. It may horrify you to consider, but back in the Middle Ages or an otherwise more primitive time, many sadistic child abusers had a free hand in killing, torturing, and raping their kids, and got away with it. Who would stop them, in an era with little to no centralized police force or medical examiners to investigate and determine causes of death? Who would be able to step in ands intervene in an era where social services were nonexistent? Indeed, who would stop them when, at times, the state condoned the killings/torture of children and infants, such as in ancient Sparta?

The history is all there, if you dare to look at its gruesomeness.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Im not really sure you can say anyone is truly good or evil.

Anyone ever read 'The banality of evil' by Hannah Arendt?

She wrote that book during the trial against Adolph Eichman in Jerusalem
The nazi war criminal. She did talk about good and evil. I couldnt read through, because much of it was so heart breaking to read into.

But: I think demonizing other groups is inherently bad and should be challenged and called out. Much like what we did see with the Holocaust, there are clear examples for how destructive dehumanization can be. Whats shocking is that the people that supported the Holocaust were very normal. Thats evil to me. That people can become so brainwashed that they do all kinds of horrible shit.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 3:20 pm

What I see in many of the mass shooters: They did horrible stuff, but I think it was more out of desperation and not 'evil' in particular. Of course, its vicuous and theres lacking of empathy, but I see it as more of an act of desparation, for the most part. I think Dylan Klebold was desperate along with other factors.

I barely use the 'good and evil'- label. Because, unfortunately good people do bad things under the wrong circumstances. I refer to empathy/compassion and lack of empathy/compassion. I do believe that school shooters lack empathy for their victims, but I would gather probably for a number of reasons. Also, people arent immune to become desentizised for other people.

I feel sorry for some criminals, honestly, and not because they were in the right to do what they did(they were not). But in some cases there are good reasons why they are being shaped into becoming criminals. And society condems wo understanding the underlying factors. So, in many cases Im hesitant to say that people are Just bad and thats it.

I do think its possible to dehumanize a group of people to a point Where everytving is acceptable because 'those people are a destructive force'. Even if that is a worldview full of lies(such as antisemittism).

II also think that under certain given circumstances people are shaped, which impacts their decisions to do horrible stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?   Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think E &D were some of most evil people to ever live ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2