Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold

Go down 
+7
Nirvana92
Freezingmoon
em81
gasolinechild
PaintItBlack
lol
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lol

Contribution Points : 103022
Forum Reputation : 325

After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Empty
PostSubject: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Actually, it hasn't changed, but just more aggressive feelings towards him.

What a complete ASSHOLE. Sue really does seem legitimate in what she is saying. She was speaking on the January 30 1998 Van Incident, and how Dylan pretty much didn't take it seriously at all, or really gave a shit. It really shows how much he was a good liar in the stuff he told his mother.

And now apparently when Sue really did hear Dylan coming down on 4/20 in the morning he said "Bye" in a very disgusting and nasty way, and slammed the door. This kid really didn't give a shit about anyone in the last months of his life, especially that day judging from what his own mother was saying.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96816
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
I know you can't stand Columbiners but since you are here I wanted to say that your belief that E &D were equally bad seeds or evil or however you'd put it makes a lot more sense than the Evil psychopath Eric and lost depressed lamb Dylan narrative that the media and Cullen and a lot of professional try to push.
As you can imagine, I don't agree at all with your beliefs but they make a lot more sense and are more logical than the Cullen point of view.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103022
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:15 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
I know you can't stand Columbiners but since you are here I wanted to say that your belief that E &D were equally bad seeds or evil or however you'd put it makes a lot more sense than the Evil psychopath Eric and lost depressed lamb Dylan narrative that the media and Cullen and a lot of professional try to push.
As you can imagine, I don't agree at all with your beliefs but they make a lot more sense and are more logical than the Cullen point of view.
That almost made me pull out my hair when they were implying that Eric was the big bad seed, and leader, and "evil psychopath", even though they were both equally involved, and both were just violent, only Dylan was more secretive, and hid his side better than Eric ever did.

I'm so glad Sue didn't throw Eric, or his parents under a bus like everyone else would have. Good on her.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:33 am

Totally agreed.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85652
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:13 am

lol wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
That almost made me pull out my hair when they were implying that Eric was the big bad seed, and leader, and "evil psychopath", even though they were both equally involved, and both were just violent, only Dylan was more secretive, and hid his side better than Eric ever did.

I'm so glad Sue didn't throw Eric, or his parents under a bus like everyone else would have. Good on her.

I have so much respect for her for that. Doesn't seem like she demonizes or blames Eric or his parents--she accepts that Dylan hurt people because he decided to, not because he was brainwashed or fooled. It's a hard thing to accept, but she seems to, and having been unfairly blamed for Columbine herself, it's good of her to have reached out to others who were also unfairly blamed.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101499
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:35 pm

if she would blame eric and his family, she would lie. she wouldn´t be better than all those people who blames the klebolds and harris. she has to look to the ugly truth. her loved son is a murder. and it is only his responsibility.

i am so sorry for her, she is so strong and so lovely. just wish my mother would love me like she loved Dylan. also i can agree, i am angry with Dylan. not only for killing others. not only for killing himself. just how he left her. that´s cruel.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77745

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Eric gets called a cold heartless psychopath, yet from what I've read about the basement tapes, he was very concerned about his parents Not being blamed for what he does, he apologized to Susan Dewitt, and never blamed his family for making him the way he was. Dylan , on the other hand, apologized to nobody, showed no remorse, and partially blamed his family for making him the way he was. Also, Eric is the one who cried on part of the recording. Just makes me wonder. I wish so bad that Eric's parents would speak out and say something! We've heard Dylan's mom's words.... Now we need something from Eric's parents : /
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 79656

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:33 pm

I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pretty much nailed it about Dylan. I even get angry when I think about it.

So much respect and sympathy for Sue. Broke my heart a little to know that she and Tom are divorced.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83464
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 5:05 pm

I feel the exact same way after watching the interview. I always viewed NBK as Dylan's forced suicide plan. The story about Sue pushing him up against the fridge and his reply of "I don't know if I can control myself" makes me think his violent urges ran deeper than I'd presumed. Also him asking his own mother to buy him a gun when we know what he wanted to do with it shows how little he cared about his family. He most certainly WAS NOT a follower in all of this. He may have been good at hiding his violent urges, but those urges were just as strong as Eric's. Ive always felt bad feeling sympathy for Dylan, but after watching the interview last night that sympathy is gone.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:52 pm

I still have as much sympathy as ever for Dylan but my heart also goes out very much , even more so after last night.Eric is never mentioned without the media and Professionals reminding everybody what an inhuman psychopath he was.
He can't speak for himself and for many understandable reasons his family does not speak up in public for him either.
And as I've spoken of before I cannot blame them.
But when does Eric ever get his vunerability and human side shown?
Never.
And a lot of people who just get interested because of the interview and book aren't going to go back and read the old news articles where Eric's human side and good qualities were talked about.

Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77122
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 9:51 pm

I liked that Sue said she doesn't believe in evil. I don't believe that Dylan was evil. I don't even believe that Eric was evil. But I DO believe they were both seriously messed up kids who needed mental help.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98268
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 7:34 am

Seems appropriate now to just reiterate my point that both Eric and Dylan were murdering jerks.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 7:54 am

It's been mentioned several times and I've also mentioned it in another post. But I do find the Mothers Day incident really bizarre.

Quote :
..she pushes him against the refrigerator

Quote :
And I said you know, you've gotta stop thinking of yourself, you've gotta stop being so selfish, but, but I gave him the old Mom lecture and then I said and by the way today's Mothers Day and you forgot. And I don't remember how that confrontation ended but I just remember he softly said "Mom please don't push me I don't know how much I can control myself." It wasn't a scary thing it was just him being nice to say back off please.

She seems to really struggle with recalling this particular event and I was quite surprised Diane Sawyer just didn't really seem to acknowledge it. It sounds like an odd interaction to have and obviously we were not there to see how that particular interaction went down.
My immediate response was that it sounded threatening but Sue appears to feel it wasn't scary and it was Dylan been nice. I guess my thinking on this was why did he not just say "back off please," or something else. I don't know it just feels like an odd choice of words that Dylan used towards Sue. Maybe I'm overthinking it and in the moment it wasn't threatening or strange at all.
It's still something that stands out for me though.

EDIT:
I just read the Guardian Article which details the exchange slightly differently:  
Guardian wrote:
Dylan was rude to her, as he had been a lot that spring, and when she lost her temper, challenging him on his bad attitude and pushing him against the fridge door, he said, "Stop pushing me, Mom. I'm getting angry, and I don't know how well I can control it." The voice he used ws soft and "carried warning power," Klebold says, and she immediately backed off. Later, she apologised to him. I remark to her that it was a chilling exchange.
"It was. It was."
It was also, clearly a threat. Klebold says she was never frightened of Dylan, but there is a sense, around that time, that she was walking on eggshells. Wasn't she inclined to say, "How dare you threaten me?"
"I never thought of saying that," she says. "It isn't in character for me to say something like, How dare you threaten me. I listened to what he said; he asked me to stop, I stopped. And then we circled back and both apologised. I now have a strong sense that I should've responded by saying: "I don't understand - this isn't like you."
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Yes , that was quite Interesting to me as well
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102637
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 1:20 pm

At the moment I almost find this type of interaction slightly more shocking than Dylan asking Sue to buy him a gun.
The Guardian article implies Dylan was rude for most of that spring, and there was a sense she was walking on eggshells around him. I'm curious what other incidents may have happened around that time also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold   After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After the recent interview...I have a new feeling about Dylan Klebold
Page 1 of 1