Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath...

Go down 
+15
em81
Jenn
Lizpuff
Vii
lasttrain
Sane One
Nirvana92
astrospace92
tfsa47090
PaintItBlack
gasolinechild
Marco1211
Undyne
sororityalpha
LPorter101
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath...   Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
In other words, when I Google it seems like its a misconception that psychopaths do not kill themselves. Im not really sure wether its actually the likelihood that they will kill themselves that people confuse with the idea that psychopaths cant commit suicide.

Yet, when you google it, there are tons of articles and research papers suggesting otherwise, so I assume that this is likely a misconception. Its not that it never happens(apparantly it does). I think it suggests that its rare for a psychopath to kill themselves.

Wouldnt it make sense that Eric killed himself, when you think about it, though?
What they mean is they won't kill themselves over having depressive thoughts. Dylan didn't either, by the way, and it's become quite apparent your argument is that Dylan was a sad little follower of Eric despite thinking up 4/20 before him and enjoying the shooting more than he did.

Just like it makes sense Dylan killed himself. I find it ridiculous to assume a cold blooded murderer who killed five people on his own was a "follower" while trying to erase away any damage he caused.

Dylan was depressed, thats a fact. To what extent he was a follower can probably be debated, but I doubt that theres much denying that they could have done it wo each other. As for psychopaths and suicide, they do commit suicide based on what Ive read so far. Only difference, apparantly, is that its not very commonplace, but the research Ive looked says they do, sometimes. So IDK wether people gets them mixed up.

To fully understand a school shooter is impossible, imo. Peter Langmann argued, even that Dylan Klebold was the most complex person he had looked at. Frank Ochberg worked on the profiles of both the two. Ill post it if I find it. I dont necessarily see school shooters as evil. I merely look at many of them as 'trapped' in a hopeless situation which might contribute to acts of mass violence.
It's not a fact as it isn't backed up by any actual concrete evidence, just what investigators speculated during the early workings of the case.

As for your assertion that Dylan or Eric couldn't have committed an act of violence later on in life without each other I disagree. The traits and behavior they showed at a young age proves to me they could have ended up being a different kind of cold blooded murderer in later life if they were nurtured in a certain way.

Charlie Brandt killed his mother and attempted to kill his father with a gun in 1971 at the age of 13. He ended up becoming a serial killer murdering several women in the 1980s and 1990s culminating in his own murder-suicide in 2004 where he killed, dismembered and beheaded his niece and stabbed his wife to death.

An early indication of violence or propensity to it cannot be ignored. There are several examples.

I never said that they Couldnt have commit violence later in life. What I did say is that they were dependant on each other in order to go through with it. I dont see how Dylan personality traits fits that of a serial killer, either. But the point is, at this point I have hardly seen anything which suggests that psychopaths doesnt commit suicide. Peter Langmann, on the contrary, argues that they certainly do, and in combination with being depressed. He actually said that the psychopathic shooters, in fact, were more likely to kill themselves than a school shooter thats merely psychotic.
I think Dylan was more likely to become a serial killer out of the two of them due to his personality. Research them and you'll see he fits the bill moreso than Eric.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79403
Forum Reputation : 304

Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath...   Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 3:44 am

Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:
In other words, when I Google it seems like its a misconception that psychopaths do not kill themselves. Im not really sure wether its actually the likelihood that they will kill themselves that people confuse with the idea that psychopaths cant commit suicide.

Yet, when you google it, there are tons of articles and research papers suggesting otherwise, so I assume that this is likely a misconception. Its not that it never happens(apparantly it does). I think it suggests that its rare for a psychopath to kill themselves.

Wouldnt it make sense that Eric killed himself, when you think about it, though?
What they mean is they won't kill themselves over having depressive thoughts. Dylan didn't either, by the way, and it's become quite apparent your argument is that Dylan was a sad little follower of Eric despite thinking up 4/20 before him and enjoying the shooting more than he did.

Just like it makes sense Dylan killed himself. I find it ridiculous to assume a cold blooded murderer who killed five people on his own was a "follower" while trying to erase away any damage he caused.

Dylan was depressed, thats a fact. To what extent he was a follower can probably be debated, but I doubt that theres much denying that they could have done it wo each other. As for psychopaths and suicide, they do commit suicide based on what Ive read so far. Only difference, apparantly, is that its not very commonplace, but the research Ive looked says they do, sometimes. So IDK wether people gets them mixed up.

To fully understand a school shooter is impossible, imo. Peter Langmann argued, even that Dylan Klebold was the most complex person he had looked at. Frank Ochberg worked on the profiles of both the two. Ill post it if I find it. I dont necessarily see school shooters as evil. I merely look at many of them as 'trapped' in a hopeless situation which might contribute to acts of mass violence.
It's not a fact as it isn't backed up by any actual concrete evidence, just what investigators speculated during the early workings of the case.

As for your assertion that Dylan or Eric couldn't have committed an act of violence later on in life without each other I disagree. The traits and behavior they showed at a young age proves to me they could have ended up being a different kind of cold blooded murderer in later life if they were nurtured in a certain way.

Charlie Brandt killed his mother and attempted to kill his father with a gun in 1971 at the age of 13. He ended up becoming a serial killer murdering several women in the 1980s and 1990s culminating in his own murder-suicide in 2004 where he killed, dismembered and beheaded his niece and stabbed his wife to death.

An early indication of violence or propensity to it cannot be ignored. There are several examples.

I never said that they Couldnt have commit violence later in life. What I did say is that they were dependant on each other in order to go through with it. I dont see how Dylan personality traits fits that of a serial killer, either. But the point is, at this point I have hardly seen anything which suggests that psychopaths doesnt commit suicide. Peter Langmann, on the contrary, argues that they certainly do, and in combination with being depressed. He actually said that the psychopathic shooters, in fact, were more likely to kill themselves than a school shooter thats merely psychotic.
I think Dylan was more likely to become a serial killer out of the two of them due to his personality. Research them and you'll see he fits the bill moreso than Eric.

Ive never read this anywhere that either one of them would likely become a serial killer or that mass shooters have anything much to do with serial murders. So 🤷
Back to top Go down

Those who doubt that Eric was a psychopath...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2