Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Empty
PostSubject: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 2:58 pm

Wednesday nights episode of American Crime ( Season 2 Episode 8 ) featured clips of two Columbine teachers. Teacher Paula Reed mentions Dylan twice in her interview. "And I still love Dylan."

I couldn't find the clips where she mentions Dylan online - but here is part of her interview.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96691
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 6:58 pm

That's very strange.
In her old blog posts, she said that while she once had Dylan in class she couldn't remember much about him.Certainly, nothing that would stand out.
But she is a strong believer in the psychopath/depressive tripe so maybe that's why she said it.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:01 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
That's very strange.
In her old blog posts, she said that while she once had Dylan in class she couldn't remember much about him.Certainly, nothing that would stand out.
But she is a strong believer in the psychopath/depressive tripe so maybe that's why she said it.

In the past, she has praised Cullen's book. She's even had her students at Columbine read it.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
That doesn't surprise me.
She also refused to ever admit that Columbine had a real bullying problem or there was always a group of students at the bottom who were ostracized.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 pm

That being said, when I corresponded with her some years ago, she seemed like a decent person.

Most people simply don't want to admit that there are big social problems. It's easier to say that Eric Harris was a bad apple than it was to say that Columbine had some serious issues.

And it is true that, even if Eric Harris was a miserable virgin who was relentlessly bullied by jocks, that's not necessarily the fault of a teacher at the school. Maybe the administration shouldn't have favored football players and wrestlers over everyone else, but the bottom line is that there will always be a hierarchy of social dominance and sexual attractiveness. Short, scrawny, geeky guys will always be on the low end of the totem pole, at least in their teenage years.

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 pm

There have been more than one account of teachers there witnessing bullying and doing nothing or siding with the bullies.
There is an account in the 11k by one Molly Weskler who said that she saw a teacher bullying E &D repeatedly.I think  some of the teachers there at that time bear some responsibility for the overall climate and that was a substantial and important part of why what happened did.

Last edited by PaintItBlack on Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 8:10 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
There have been more than one account of teachers there witnessing bullying and doing nothing or siding with the bullies.
There is an account in the 11k by one Molly Weskler who said that she saw a teacher bullying E &D repeatedly.I think  some of the teachers there at that time bear some responsibility for the overall c,imate and that was a substantial and important part of why what happened did.

Yes, there have been some coaches and teachers at the school who have tolerated bullying.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98669
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 10:15 pm

Was she the same teacher who had nightmares about Rachel?
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 12:41 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Was she the same teacher who had nightmares about Rachel?

Yes. She said that, before the funeral, she kept thinking of Rachel trapped in her coffin, trying to claw her way out. But when she saw Rachel's body, she said that she finally understood and accepted that she was gone. Rachel the corpse looked stiff and stern, not at all like the living, breathing girl she knew.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:53 am

Paula Redd has spoken out about the interview.
Of course Cullen pops up with his two cents.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan   Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine teacher: And I still love Dylan
Page 1 of 1