Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96891
Forum Reputation : 52

The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Empty
PostSubject: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Does anybody remember him or know what happened to him?I've often wondered if he is ok now.I do hope so.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151586
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm not sure who you're talking about ... do you mean Erik Veik? He wanted to "finish the job" six months after Columbine.

I truly do believe that the guy shown briefly (in silhouette) at the end of the Diane Sawyer interview with Susan Klebold was Veik.

I made a video to show you what I'm talking about:

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84246
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:11 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
I'm not sure who you're talking about ... do you mean Erik Veik? He wanted to "finish the job" six months after Columbine.

I truly do believe that the guy shown briefly (in silhouette) at the end of the Diane Sawyer interview with Susan Klebold was Veik.

Yes, LP, this has to be Veik, kudos to you; the voice style, cadence, and way of phrasing and talking are definitely the same.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151586
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 4:33 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Yes, LP, this has to be Veik, kudos to you; the voice style, cadence, and way of phrasing and talking are definitely the same.

Yeah, when I saw it on TV, I knew it right away.

I wonder how they got him on there. Did they ask him, or did he ask them?

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96891
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 7:00 pm

@LPorter,
I thought the guy in shadow seemed very familiar somehow. Thank you for solving the mystery!

No, the kid I am talking about was online.This was in 2004 or 2005.
I was hoping some other long time Columbiner might remember but perhaps not.
What happened is that I was on a Columbine guest book that no longer exists.
It was about Columbine in general but Columbiners used it as a meeting place and discussion area.
A kid posted on there a lot who idolized Eric to an extreme.
One day he came on to tell everyone Goodbye .
He said that he was going to kill himself to go be with Eric on the other side.All of us tried to to talk him around in various ways.Some tried to tell him he was being stupid, others urged him to get help, some said "Eric would not want you to do this.He'd want you to live and remember him." but he was adamant.He said "No, I've got to talk to Eric.I want to be with Reb.I don't want to be here."

Then we didn't hear anything for a day.
A Columbiner who had his number called the police.When the cops got there he was unconscious from an overdose.
We next heard from him 2 weeks later.
He said he had woken up in the ambulance with his stomach being pumped and he was angry and disappointed about being alive.
I don't recall him posting again and a year later the guestbook was deleted.
I have often wondered what happened to him and if he is ok.I cannot recall his name.
All I can remember is that he was 14 or 15 at the time and was from Europe.
I hope that he is still alive and doing well today.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105738
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 11:25 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
@LPorter,
I thought the guy in shadow seemed very familiar somehow. Thank you for solving the mystery!

No, the kid I am talking about was online.This was in 2004 or 2005.
I was hoping some other long time Columbiner might remember but perhaps not.
What happened is that I was on a Columbine guest book that no longer exists.
It was about Columbine in general but Columbiners used it as a meeting place and discussion area.
A kid posted on there a lot who idolized Eric to an extreme.
One day he came on to tell everyone Goodbye .
He said that he was going to kill himself to go be with Eric on the other side.All of us tried to to talk him around in various ways.Some tried to tell him he was being stupid, others urged him to get help, some said "Eric would not want you to do this.He'd want you to live and remember him." but he was adamant.He said "No, I've got to talk to Eric.I want to be with Reb.I don't want to be here."

Then we didn't hear anything for a day.
A Columbiner who had his number called the police.When the cops got there he was unconscious from an overdose.
We next heard from him 2 weeks later.
He said he had woken up in the ambulance with his stomach being pumped and he was angry and disappointed about being alive.
I don't recall him posting again and a year later the guestbook was deleted.
I have often wondered what happened to him and if he is ok.I cannot recall his name.
All I can remember is that he was 14 or 15 at the time and was from Europe.
I hope that he is still alive and doing well today.

Sounded like a sick person, who hopefully got the help he needed.

Speaking of Viek, anyone know the outcome of his "trial".
I know they didn't have much to go off of, aside from whoever ratted him out and
I believe they found a journal writing or a map of the school when they raided his house.
Nothing spectacular to put someone behind bars, but I'm sure they were trying to make an example out of him,
to show that any type of joking about school shootings will be prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?   The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The kid who tried to kill himself to "go be with Reb"?
Page 1 of 1