Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole

Go down 
+10
lol
em81
eli27
WendlaBergman
gasolinechild
Jbow89
Squid
Undyne
anonacc489
LPorter101
14 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151510
Forum Reputation : 2754

Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Empty
PostSubject: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 8:58 pm

A Columbine survivor has written:

I sat with [Eric and Dylan] once. Dylan was scratching things into the table with an Exacto knife, and Eric was carrying on benign conversation with the rest of the "trenchcoat mafia". Dylan would walk through the halls between classes with a permanent scowl on his face, sunglasses, a beret, combat boots, and a trenchcoat (even though it was sunny and 80 degrees out). He would intentionally bump shoulders and walk in a straight line. If he hadn't shot up a school, his life wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

Hmm ... we all know that Dylan was a sweet little lamb who was led astray by big bad Eric. Maybe Eric made him bump other kids in the hallway, as well? Told him he would slaughter his beloved family if he didn't walk around with a scowl on his face?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
anonacc489

Contribution Points : 74816
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 1:32 am

Why'd you take this out of the /k/ thread though? Coulda stayed in there... Doesn't have to be it's own thread.

But yeah, I honestly believe the story 99%.
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 2:00 am

Undyne has written:

Dylan was an asshole because he helped murder 13 people.

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
Squid

Contribution Points : 74746

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 3:03 am

Who gives a shit if he bumped people in the hall way I would if I wasn't so weak at that age ppl bumped into me all the time pissed me off. Schools are like rat labs. Amazing they let him wear sunglasses and a hat.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75260

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 1:47 pm

I kinda don't believe this. This kid sat at the table with them once? And from that he's judging Dylan's personality? Also columbine was a big school and I doubt he saw Dylan every single day to know if he had a scowl on his face. It's high school, I hated my school but I'd never have the same look on my face day in and day out.

It's also funny that no one else mentions him bumping shoulders with everyone..

Sounds like this person is either a troll just making up stuff based on stuff he's read over the years or someone who was popular and trying to act like Eric/Dylan weren't bullied at all.

Also I want to add that I strongly believe that the jocks picked on the unpopular kids, the interviews I've seen where the jocks make fun of gays disgusts me and reminds me of the jocks at my high school. BUT I do believe Eric and Dylan did some bullying of their own.

isabellaaa likes this post

Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85677

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 6:32 pm

"His life wasn't going anywhere soon?" Hah. He had more potential than 1/2 of his graduating class, I'd wager. Oh, right...because he had such a negative attitude... if only he put on a happy face and conformed more he wouldn't have been looked at like a persona non grata.

Wishful thinking. If he hadn't shot up the school he'd be rolling in cash from his CS job and maybe famous for creating the first social networking site or some important computer program that changed the world.

Dylan still sounds like someone I'd want to hang out with.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75260

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 pm

^We all know how someone dresses in HIGH SCHOOL reflects how well they'll do in college/life /s
Back to top Go down
gasolinechild

gasolinechild

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Jbow89 wrote:
^We all know how someone dresses in HIGH SCHOOL reflects how well they'll do in college/life /s

True that.

CHS sounds like such a repressively copacetic plasticized place.  

Don't make waves, stay in line and you'll get along fine.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Quote :
Wishful thinking. If he hadn't shot up the school he'd be rolling in cash from his CS job and maybe famous for creating the first social networking site or some important computer program that changed the world.

Or maybe he'd lose his CS job to an Indian, and/or get fucked over by Mark Zuckerberg. Very Happy

gasolinechild

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 8:23 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

Or maybe he'd lose his CS job to an Indian, and/or get fucked over by Mark Zuckerberg. Very Happy

Haha, maybe. He did have much more potential than the /k/ douchenozzle seems able to realize though. Dylan's being intellectually gifted counts for something, right?
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90274

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:30 am

I think it's important to point out Dylan didn't wear a beret, he wore a baseball hat. Didn't Chris Morris wear a beret?

Indigowendigo and isabellaaa like this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83857
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:47 am

gasolinechild wrote:

CHS sounds like such a repressively copacetic plasticized place.  

Don't make waves, stay in line and you'll get along fine.

That is worryingly similar to the official Donald Trump song.

Contribution Points : 101524
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 6:43 am

WendlaBergman wrote:
I think it's important to point out Dylan didn't wear a beret, he wore a baseball hat. Didn't Chris Morris wear a beret?

yes chris did. i also remember he was also tall like dylan and that someone stated that he was grumpy most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 6:46 am

I'm really surprised Chris morris wasn't in on NBK

isabellaaa, EyebrownSonSun and johncena like this post

Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 6:47 am

Squid wrote:

me too...
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 103047
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Sounds as if he mistook Chris for Dylan. Dylan wore sunglasses, and a hat, but not a beret. Chris wore a beret, and this also makes sense because the guy stated he spoke to his TCM. Eric and Dylan weren't in the TCM.

And Chris Morris was one of the biggest assholes in school

Indigowendigo, isabellaaa, EyebrownSonSun and AZ20 like this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Squid wrote:

I wonder whether any of their friends knew that *something* was going to happen.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:39 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Squid wrote:

I wonder whether any of their friends knew that *something* was going to happen.

same here.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105688
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Sounds like BS. I forget where I read it, but a reliable person close to Dylan said that he never wore a beret, that he thought it was over the top and corny, because he saw Chris Morris always wearing one.
Back to top Go down
Squid

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 4:56 pm

I bet Robyn knew something if anyone. Maybe not when she bought the guns but diff when she went out to eat for lunch that day she knew something was up. And something else was odd when Eric told Brooks to get outta here and that he likes him now before Brooks knew anything was gonna happen that day. Why would he just leave after cussing Eric out about how stupid he was for skipping a test they had earlier that day? Wouldn't he go to the police? And Chris morris says the police thought it was fishy that he skipped that hour when NBK went down but says he had skipped that hour for a month. How can you skip a class everyday for a month, did he get in trouble at all? But that still doesn't peoplre innocence. Maybe he skipped that hour everyday for a month in advance to seem less fishy.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Squid wrote:
I bet Robyn knew something if anyone. Maybe not when she bought the guns but diff when she went out to eat for lunch that day she knew something was up. And something else was odd when Eric told Brooks to get outta here and that he likes him now before Brooks knew anything was gonna happen that day. Why would he just leave after cussing Eric out about how stupid he was for skipping a test they had earlier that day? Wouldn't he go to the police? And Chris morris says the police thought it was fishy that he skipped that hour when NBK went down but says he had skipped that hour for a month. How can you skip a class everyday for a month, did he get in trouble at all? But that still doesn't peoplre innocence. Maybe he skipped that hour everyday for a month in advance to seem less fishy.

Maybe he did skip it. If he didn't I'm sure he would of been looked at even more by police. I feel like Robyn had a better chance of knowing then Chris. From what I know they both were more
acquaintances of his then a real friend. I know they used him to keep napalm and stuff at his house, so they probably put on their whole fake nice thing just to get his help.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:36 pm

Quote :
How can you skip a class everyday for a month, did he get in trouble at all?

Most likely, he would have failed the class. He didn't seem like the kind of kid who cared about school all that much.

Brooks wrote in his book that, on 4/20, he was failing some of his classes and was on track to flunk out his senior year. The school board told him that, if he stayed home for the rest of the year, they would mark him down as having passed everything and let him graduate. (I doubt they let him walk across the stage, but I don't know.)

A number of Eric and Dylan's friends took the same deal. I find it hard to believe that Chris wasn't one of them.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Also, I should say that I missed over 40 days of my senior year. My teachers knew that I was lying about being "sick" all the time, but they let it slide because they liked me.

I was the biggest fucking suck-up you could ever meet. And it worked. I got away with a lot of shit.

Jocks aren't the only ones who can get out of trouble. If the teachers like you, then you can do almost anything.

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:19 pm

LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

Most likely, he would have failed the class. He didn't seem like the kind of kid who cared about school all that much.

Brooks wrote in his book that, on 4/20, he was failing some of his classes and was on track to flunk out his senior year. The school board told him that, if he stayed home for the rest of the year, they would mark him down as having passed everything and let him graduate. (I doubt they let him walk across the stage, but I don't know.)

A number of Eric and Dylan's friends took the same deal. I find it hard to believe that Chris wasn't one of them.

Always found it really f'd up how they didn't want anyone who was associated with them to come back to school. Like wow, just because
some people are decent and don't judge people right off the bat, makes them some weirdo who might just snap and shoot the school up too...

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:28 pm

slippy123 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
Quote :

Always found it really f'd up how they didn't want anyone who was associated with them to come back to school. Like wow, just because
some people are decent and don't judge people right off the bat, makes them some weirdo who might just snap and shoot the school up too...

Well, I can understand why the "normal" kids wouldn't want the "freaks" around. They wanted to pretend that Eric and Dylan had never been there at all - to wipe them from everyone's memories.

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 10:32 pm

One girl was asked not to come back. When she did, someone followed her around everywhere she went. And then she said something that freaked everyone out and they kicked her out of school.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There were a lot of things Melissa Sowder didn't like about Columbine High School. The bullies, for instance. They were football players, mostly. They shoved her friends in the halls and threw snowballs or bottles at them on the way home. Sometimes they shoved her, too. Who needed it?

"Teachers would see them push someone into a locker, and they'd just ignore it," she says. "I think they were afraid of the students. They didn't stop half the fights in that school."

But Columbine wasn't all bad, Sowder insists. She liked most of her teachers. And there were nice students, too--guys she met in the commons area, drinking coffee or hot chocolate and talking about what was wrong with Columbine. Guys like Eric Harris.

"I used to talk to Eric once in a while," Sowder says. "He was like the sweetest guy I ever knew. He'd do pretty much anything for people he liked. We'd talk mostly about how we got picked on, how the school was not caring what the students did. And how some people could get away with anything."

[...]

Sowder was in the cafeteria when Klebold and Harris began their rampage last April. She escaped unharmed, fleeing with a group of students. When classes for Columbine students resumed at Chatfield High two weeks later, she was summoned to the principal's office and informed that she might prefer home-schooling.

"I think they had kind of classified me as a troublemaker," she says. "I told them I felt okay about going back to school."

Columbine officials didn't feel okay about it, though. A counselor in a security officer's uniform followed Sowder from room to room, actually sitting through each class and observing her behavior. On her third day at Chatfield, she made a remark about the shootings to another student. According to Sowder, she'd been greeted warmly for the first time by athletes who'd formerly harassed her, so she said that maybe something positive would come out of the tragedy "because now the jocks will treat us better."

That isn't the way the school's spy system heard it. Relying on a version of the remark passed on by two students to a teacher and then administrators, a school counselor contacted Diana Sowder that day and informed her that her daughter was not to come back to Chatfield. Melissa was being removed from school because she allegedly said that "the kids who died at Columbine deserved it." Melissa denies she said any such thing, and another student who says she was present during the conversation supports her story. Steve and Diana Sowder say that they were given no chance to meet with school officials and that their daughter had no hearing--no opportunity to respond to the accusation or appeal the decision--before she was summarily booted out of school.

Jefferson County School District spokesman Rick Kaufman says he can't comment, for privacy reasons, on disciplinary actions taken against individual students. However, he acknowledges that eighteen students identified as "associates" of Klebold and Harris were offered other options, such as home-schooling, in lieu of completing the semester at Chatfield. Six accepted. After classes resumed, three students were removed from school in separate disciplinary incidents involving "comments" about the shootin

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Eh, sounds to me like they were just waiting for them to make any comment or reference about the shootings and then use that as a way to kick them out of the school. Just because you talked to someone doesn't make you some nut who believes in the same stuff that the killers did. Suprised there wasn't lawsuits against the school by the kids who got booted.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:41 pm

slippy123 wrote:
Eh,  sounds to me like they were just waiting for them to make any comment or reference about the shootings and then use that as a way to kick them out of the school. Just because you talked to someone doesn't make you some nut who believes in the same stuff that the killers did. Suprised there wasn't lawsuits against the school by the kids who got booted.

Melissa Sowder says she wants to return to Columbine when classes begin August 16, but she has no idea if she will be allowed to do so. Frustrated with school officials' reluctance to meet with them, Steve and Diana Sowder have hired an attorney and are considering a lawsuit against the district over what they regard as the trampling of their daughter's rights. (Editor's note: In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that the Sowders' attorney is related to writer Alan Prendergast, who has no personal or financial interest in their case.) Yet their situation is hardly unique. Melissa says that several of her friends have been encouraged not to return to Columbine this fall, too. "I think it's because they're outcasts," she says.

Kaufman responds that he's unaware of any ongoing disciplinary process against any Columbine students. "We can't just tell anyone not to come to school," he says. "Not without following district policy."

Steve Sowder insists that the district isn't following its own rules, much less the law. "The school talks about tolerance and sensitivity, but here were these kids coming back after the shootings, and they weren't providing services," he says. "Instead, they were watching them. What they're saying and what they're doing are two different things."

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
cyn1231

cyn1231

Contribution Points : 74207
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 6:37 pm

I dont believe any of this at all..everyone wanted to come forward after the massacre with shit like this
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83737
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:47 am

LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:
Eh,  sounds to me like they were just waiting for them to make any comment or reference about the shootings and then use that as a way to kick them out of the school. Just because you talked to someone doesn't make you some nut who believes in the same stuff that the killers did. Suprised there wasn't lawsuits against the school by the kids who got booted.

Melissa Sowder says she wants to return to Columbine when classes begin August 16, but she has no idea if she will be allowed to do so. Frustrated with school officials' reluctance to meet with them, Steve and Diana Sowder have hired an attorney and are considering a lawsuit against the district over what they regard as the trampling of their daughter's rights. (Editor's note: In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that the Sowders' attorney is related to writer Alan Prendergast, who has no personal or financial interest in their case.) Yet their situation is hardly unique. Melissa says that several of her friends have been encouraged not to return to Columbine this fall, too. "I think it's because they're outcasts," she says.

Kaufman responds that he's unaware of any ongoing disciplinary process against any Columbine students. "We can't just tell anyone not to come to school," he says. "Not without following district policy."

Steve Sowder insists that the district isn't following its own rules, much less the law. "The school talks about tolerance and sensitivity, but here were these kids coming back after the shootings, and they weren't providing services," he says. "Instead, they were watching them. What they're saying and what they're doing are two different things."

All of the love, compassion and acceptance was talk just like before. So disappointing, nothing learned.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 2:13 pm

sscc wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:
slippy123 wrote:

All of the love, compassion and acceptance was talk just like before. So disappointing, nothing learned.

In the end, they did let her come back.

A few girls who knew her told the cops that she said she knew about NBK two weeks before it happened:

Quote :
Nicole Ray says Sowder had two weeks foreknowledge.(4144)

Kristin Griffith says Melissa told her friend Danny Romero that she two weeks foreknowledge.(6457)

Did they ever figure out out who this Melissa was?

Quote :
Jason Baer(1759) There was this interesting statement that I recently discovered:

"When I first started working at the Pretzel Maker, I thought Melissa had some problems she seemed slow and she was weird. She hung out with some guys in trench coats that don't go to our school. She talked to Shannon(?) about knowing that Eric and Dylan were planning something. She was supposedly trying to pick up on a girl at work(Abigail(?)) and started talking about that. Abigail got scared, went home and told her mom. Her mom told the cops about it. The day that Melissa quit, she found out the everyone knew what she told Abigail and she ran out. She had supposedly been with them when they wrote in the journal with all of their friends and saw blueprints for a building. Melissa had said that the plan was for Eric and Dylan to die because they wanted to. She said that there were supposed to be about 4 others who will go in and do some shooting and leave before cops got there, but she said it afterwards so it might not be true."

Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 8:50 pm

Wheres the source? The 11K?

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 79128
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Dylan was an asshole to some, liked by others, etc.

Nothing New under the sun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole   Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine survivor: Dylan was an asshole
Page 1 of 1