Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

14th Anniversary thread.

Go down 
+6
queenfarooq
JDM87
tfsa47090
tragedy79
rebgirl
Jenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

14th Anniversary thread. Empty
PostSubject: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:50 pm

We did this last year and I thought it was a really nice thread. A thread just to say our thoughts. I know most of us, if not all will be thinking about Columbine a lot today.

I know that the victims families will never forget what happened on April 20,1999, but I hope that life has gotten a little easier for them, as time goes by.
I will be thinking about the families of all fifteen victims today and hope they are doing well.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 6:59 pm

RIP to ALL 15 lives that were lost 14 years ago. And I'm also keeping their families in my thoughts and prayers. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 pm

I wonder what Eric and Dylan were thinking this time 14 years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:03 pm

I would love to know that as well. And I would really love to know what they were thinking
And feeling after they entered the libary for the second time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:18 pm

RIP all 15 dead on that day. I posted some pics I took in highschool inspired by the shooting today to commemorate
Back to top Go down
rebgirl

rebgirl

Contribution Points : 101646
Forum Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:20 am

15 victims.. Sad

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:52 am

rebgirl wrote:
15 victims.. Sad
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad -Fifteen.

Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 102020
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:11 am

Jenn wrote:
We did this last year and I thought it was a really nice thread. A thread just to say our thoughts. I know most of us, if not all will be thinking about Columbine a lot today.

I know that the victims families will never forget what happened on April 20,1999, but I hope that life has gotten a little easier for them, as time goes by.
I will be thinking about the families of all fifteen victims today and hope they are doing well.

Beautiful post, Jenn!

It´s my first Columbine anniversary as a Columbine researcher. And it also breakes my heart to think of all the lives that were lost that day. I hope all 15 families are doing allright today and they will be in my thoughts as well.

Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101063
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 am

I sincerely pray that all 15 who passed on are truly at peace. I pray for their families and loved ones, as well as the other victims who survived, and hope that as each year passes, they are healing and growing as much as they possibly can.

Sometimes I feel that the souls of the 13 who's lives were taken are very much at peace now, but Dylan and Eric's aren't, because if they were, there wouldn't be this inherent need from so many of us to keep digging into the story and motives. I feel sometimes that perhaps they need something to be settled; something needs to be brought to light that still hasn't been, and maybe that is why people will not let the story go. Perhaps that is why the subject is more akin to a very perplexing question, rather than a simple, yet complex, factual historical statement. I hope that more of what needs to be brought to light will be, and if they aren't fully at peace, that they will be after this is finally accomplished. Other times, I feel that they are fully at peace, along with the other 13.

I pray, and have prayed for a very long time, that all 15 of them are resting in blissful peace, and that their loved ones and the other survivors can find as much of that peace as they possibly can while they are here.
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101631

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:17 am

RIP to all the 15 people who passed on 14 years ago to the day. Neutral
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 am

Keeping everyone who was effected by what happened in my thoughts today.
Back to top Go down
Laeda

Contribution Points : 101531

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:47 am

My thoughts today go with their families, to everyone who lived it, and everyone who's been affected, hoping time made things easier, for how much it can.
And all the 15 victims, you're at peace now

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 am

I hope all 15 victims are at peace now... It's a very sad day...
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 101631

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 pm

14 years ago to the very minute now....
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102387
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:18 pm

JDM87 wrote:
14 years ago to the very minute now....

It's an awful thought isn't it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Wow 14 years! Im getting old... Mad
Back to top Go down
Undyne

Contribution Points : 101888
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Rest in peace to the 13 victims of that day.

Back to top Go down
rebgirl

rebgirl

Contribution Points : 101646
Forum Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Best tribute ever   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:25 pm

I was in Klingenberg today to see the last residence of Anneliese Michel (you know, that girl, who was the inpsiration for The Exorcist) and also her grave. So I didnt thought that much about Columbine, which is unusual.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 pm

rebgirl wrote:

Beautiful and sad. Sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:35 pm

Craig Scott visits CHS and reflects on the shooting, Rachel, E/D and letting go of the hatred he had for E/D.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101801

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
Craig Scott visits CHS and reflects on the shooting, Rachel, E/D and letting go of the hatred he had for E/D.

Sometimes I feel like Craig Scott got the worst that day. Living through what he did, only to learn that his sister didn't. I'm not sure I'd be able to let go of the hate like he has. Sounds like he is doing his best to honor Rachel and live his life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 pm

Wideawake wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

Sometimes I feel like Craig Scott got the worst that day. Living through what he did, only to learn that his sister didn't. I'm not sure I'd be able to let go of the hate like he has. Sounds like he is doing his best to honor Rachel and live his life.

I can see why you would think that. He was in the place where the worst carnage happened, saw his best friends die and later found out his sister was the first to die and never being able to say goodbye and apologize. I think it's really great how strong he has become and was able to forgive E/D despite everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:28 am

The twentieth has been over for a few hours now--that day has strange energy, and a penchant for unseasonable snow. Woke up to a sunshower that turned into sleet, then snow and cold and needle-wind. Columbine-related dream the night before, something pertaining to Chris Morris and a girl I used to know. Panic attacks. Ribald songs--"Mine eyes have seen the glory of the bombing of the school, we have tortured all the teachers, we have broken every rule..."

Fourteen years the seal has been broken. Can't curse the rabbit hole for leading to something, even if 'something' isn't very nice.

How deep does this thing go?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:36 pm

It's really weird to think about how long it's been since it happened, but how much it still feels like yesterday. It's even more weird and crazy to think that the amount of years passed is almost the same amount of years of age for some of the victims. Daniel M was 15, going on 16. Daniel R was 15. Steven was 14, going on 15. It's so crazy. They would be approximately twice that age now if they still lived. I wonder where all of the deceased had been today, if they were still alive...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm

i should have done this on the day of. I was caught up with a lot of things, but mostly with my thoughts. I was on my way back from a concert when the clock struck midnight, and the station I was on started playing Pumped Up Kicks. It made me feel quite weird.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist

Contribution Points : 100487

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Flame me if you want. I believe there are only 2 victims and 13 collateral damage. Yeah, I'm heartless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 pm

RaiseTheFist wrote:
Flame me if you want. I believe there are only 2 victims and 13 collateral damage. Yeah, I'm heartless.
I'm not going to flame you. But why do you think that?
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:17 am

@CatherineM813

Oh, you're too nice. I was expecting to get roasted.

Eric and Dylan expressed their rage via mass murder. The bottom line - They believed it's acceptable to hurt innocent people when you're pissed off.

At Mark Manes court sentencing the victim's families said that Manes should be imprisoned for life or shot. Brooks Brown couldn't return to school after the shooting because of threats against his life. The bottom line - The victim's families believe it's acceptable to hurt innocent people when you're pissed off.

People are hypocrites. All of them are willing to hurt innocent people when they're pissed off. The victim's families and their community are no different than Eric and Dylan.

Eric and Dylan are a product of their society. Their community got what it deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 am

Thankyou. I don't see the point in getting into unneseccary heated arguments when everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It doesn't solve anything and only causes drama.
Back to top Go down
RaiseTheFist

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:47 am

@CatherineM813

There's irony in this. The internet is full of jerks and trolls. The most respectful people online are found in a COLUMBINE forum, of all places.

I never argue either. I only discuss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Very late on this, but I did think a whole lot about Columbine on April 20th. I hope the victims - all fifteen, imho - are in a state of peace now. Or reincarnated.

Dylan into a cactus, Eric into a tumbleweed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Guilty by Association wrote:
Very late on this, but I did think a whole lot about Columbine on April 20th. I hope the victims - all fifteen, imho - are in a state of peace now. Or reincarnated.

Dylan into a cactus, Eric into a tumbleweed.

I second this but why a tumbleweed for Eric?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Because tumbleweeds and cactuses just went together in my mind. Forgive me, I'm running low on sleep and sound crazy and/or unfunny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Guilty by Association wrote:
Because tumbleweeds and cactuses just went together in my mind. Forgive me, I'm running low on sleep and sound crazy and/or unfunny.
Oh I get what you are saying. I should have thought of that before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 14th Anniversary thread.   14th Anniversary thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

14th Anniversary thread.
Page 1 of 1