Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

20th Anniversary?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Will there be a huge media hoopla on the 20th Anniversary or will it pass quietly? Opinions?
Back to top Go down

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 11:17 pm

I don't know about passing by quietly. I am sure they will have some kind of remembrance. Maybe some of the survivors will speak. Isn't the anniversary usually mentioned every year?

What is the anniversary like here on the forum? Do a lot of people post or is it just quiet?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96591
Forum Reputation : 52

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 pm

The media coverage of the first Anniversary was wall to wall. The coverage of the 5th and 10th were extensive but not nearly as insane. The rest have passed pretty quietly as least as far as nationwide coverage goes. I know there is also a service and some local coverage. The 20th Anniversary of anything is a landmark one so I do wonder how it will be handled.

Yes, it always picks up some on the board at this time of year.

Mason wrote:
I don't know about passing by quietly. I am sure they will have some kind of remembrance. Maybe some of the survivors will speak. Isn't the anniversary usually mentioned every year?

What is the anniversary like here on the forum? Do a lot of people post or is it just quiet?
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 90024
Forum Reputation : 0

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 6:43 pm

I can see it happening like the coverage of the Oklahoma City bombing did. I vaguely remember seeing coverage on the news in 2005, but none again until the 20th anniversary yesterday.
Back to top Go down

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 10:48 pm

WendlaBergman wrote:
I can see it happening like the coverage of the Oklahoma City bombing did. I vaguely remember seeing coverage on the news in 2005, but none again until the 20th anniversary yesterday.

I agree. There will probably be a televised memorial. I remember seeing a small memorial of sorts for the 10 year anniversary in '09, and a larger one for the one year anniversary in '00. It's crazy to think that 20 years is creeping up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

20th Anniversary? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Anniversary?   20th Anniversary? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20th Anniversary?
Page 1 of 1