Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Murder caught on camera?

Go down 
+7
Draw_It_White
shades
radaddio
Selah
TaylorsMom
Lizpuff
NotYourRobot
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74574
Forum Reputation : 0

Murder caught on camera? Empty
PostSubject: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:07 pm

I read a comment on YouTube that you can see Matt get shot through a library window from one of the TV cameras outside the school. Is this true? And if so where can I see it?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:09 pm

There isn't such a video as far as I am aware.

TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78017
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:07 pm

There could possible be one out there! I remember when I watched Patrick Ireland try to shimmy himself out of the window, the news helicopter was zooming in pretty close. However was there a news helicopter there that early to catching the library shootings? Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Selah

Selah

Contribution Points : 80508

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Honestly, everything was so hectic and blurry it's hard to make much of anything out. When the helicopters neared the windows you can peer in, but there is so much disarray that you can't really see anything.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83390
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:11 pm

I agree. If there was any footage, it would have to be from the heli since line of sight would be an issue any other way.

Plus, not all of the footage that was taken was ever released. There is a lot of uncensored, haunting stuff that the news didn't want to show. So, it ends up in the archives.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 3:30 pm

TaylorsMom wrote:
There could possible be one out there! I remember when I watched Patrick Ireland try to shimmy himself out of the window, the news helicopter was zooming in pretty close. However was there a news helicopter there that early to catching the library shootings? Hmmm....
Honestly if that's true then it's pretty f-ed up they let murder happen in pursuit of up-close footage that we weren't going to obviously see anyway.

Nevertheless, never heard of this claim, and I call lies. fairytales, fallacies.

radaddio wrote:
Plus, not all of the footage that was taken was ever released. There is a lot of uncensored, haunting stuff that the news didn't want to show. So, it ends up in the archives.
Boy to be a fly on the wall amidst the investigation with JeffCo.

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:19 pm

I meant with the news outlets. The JEFFCO stuff is locked down fro the time being, but the various journalists still have unreleased footage.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:20 pm

radaddio wrote:
I meant with the news outlets. The JEFFCO stuff is locked down fro the time being, but the various journalists still have unreleased footage.
And I'm sure they were instructed to never release it by 'em no?

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Perhaps, but freedom of the press would have really prevented JEFFCO from having any authority over what was published. I've spoken to one of the RMN photojournalists that was there that day, and he indicated that he had no problems with people looking at or releasing any of his photos.

As far as video goes, it's hard to say. I'm sure somebody caught something on video, given how many cameras were there that day. It would just be a matter of them looking at the old,unused footage and determining what was worthy of releasing.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 6:05 pm

I see. Thank you.
Maybe one small part of non-releasing it is so us and parents can't witness the failed actions of the authorities that day.

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 8:59 am

That could be. There was a lot more caution back then when it came to releasing traumatic footage. News crews have been filming suicides, officer involved shootings and fatal car accidents for years. However, if you actually put that unedited footage on the air, it would be career and corporate suicide for anyone involved. Every now and then, that old footage gets released in compilation videos like "Banned in the USA" or stuff like that. It's just a way for them to cash in on stuff that they normally couldn't show.

Given how hectic the scene was that day, I would say that something was on video. Where it is is another story. I was even told there is extensive footage and still photography of the forensic work being done at night, but no one was really interested in buying it or showing it. I was told that all of the film relating to the Columbine shooting is currently stores at the archives section of the Denver Public Library. It's view-able to anyone who wants to go there during regular operating hours.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:18 pm

radaddio wrote:
Given how hectic the scene was that day, I would say that something was on video. Where it is is another story. I was even told there is extensive footage and still photography of the forensic work being done at night, but no one was really interested in buying it or showing it. I was told that all of the film relating to the Columbine shooting is currently stores at the archives section of the Denver Public Library. It's view-able to anyone who wants to go there during regular operating hours.
Hello, count me in! I would wanna see it.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:12 am

Sounds like a job for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:36 am

I checked out the Denver Public Library catalog and found these documents: goo [dot] gl/jXDeHS
[bear with me, my account is too new to post links, perhaps someone could repost the full link]

Not sure if it's been linked before, I did a search on here and it came up empty, but still possible that someone's found it already or it's all in the 11k (couldn't search that).  Might as well post it anyway though; the documents have certainly been interesting to me so far.

I also found out that anyone can make an account on the Denver Public Library site, provided they give a (fake) Colorado address.  This doesn't really do much, but some of the ebooks require an account.

Anyway, yes, it appears there are numerous Jeffco archives on the Closed Stacks 2 section of a library.  Dunno which library, I would presume the Central branch, but it doesn't say.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83238

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Sounds like a job for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

long hiatus, just now saw this.

PM me or post some areas/ideas you want me to look into if anyone wants any legal research done in the denver area.. library etc. may take me a bit to get free, but i enjoy research work and would be up for it.

Back to top Go down
Columbine_Video_Archives

Columbine_Video_Archives

Contribution Points : 72342

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Count me in on this hunt.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 7:35 pm

I would love to hear more if anyone finds anything new about Columbine from the Denver Public Library.

Please keep me posted about this...
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 2:28 am

Still interested!

Scarletmoon

Contribution Points : 67779

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm also very interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murder caught on camera?   Murder caught on camera? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murder caught on camera?
Page 1 of 1