Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 13 Families

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue May 26, 2015 12:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are using Google Chrome you can ad an extension called AdBlock and it gets rid of virtually all Ads. It is very simple to add to your Google Chrome account and it doesn't cost any money. It is very safe to use (if you're worried about adding extensions/downloads to your computer).

It gets rid of ALL YouTube ads, it gets rid of all those annoying ads/pop ups when you use sites like PutLocker and MegaShare. And it also gets rid of ads when watching channels like NBC (I use NBC.com to watch The Voice and I never have to sit through an advertisement). I am sure it would work with Hulu as well. I used to have Hulu and Netflix but got rid of them because I can watch just about everything that they offer online for free and with the AdBlocker it makes viewing things online so much easier.

And it also gets rid of annoying ads that pop up when you're trying to read articles. I'll tell you that my online experience has been so much better since adding the AdBlocker to my Google Chrome account.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Chrome though. Other providers like Firefox and Explorer may offer some type of Ad Blocker but the one I am referring to which is simply called 'AdBlock' is just for Google Chrome.

The one and only site that I have to disable the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

_________________
"I should've known a little better good things never last forever".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue May 26, 2015 12:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are using Google Chrome you can ad an extension called AdBlock and it gets rid of virtually all Ads. It is very simple to add to your Google Chrome account and it doesn't cost any money. It is very safe to use (if you're worried about adding extensions/downloads to your computer).

It gets rid of ALL YouTube ads, it gets rid of all those annoying ads/pop ups when you use sites like PutLocker and MegaShare. And it also gets rid of ads when watching channels like NBC (I use NBC.com to watch The Voice and I never have to sit through an advertisement). I am sure it would work with Hulu as well. I used to have Hulu and Netflix but got rid of them because I can watch just about everything that they offer online for free and with the AdBlocker it makes viewing things online so much easier.

And it also gets rid of annoying ads that pop up when you're trying to read articles. I'll tell you that my online experience has been so much better since adding the AdBlocker to my Google Chrome account.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Chrome though. Other providers like Firefox and Explorer may offer some type of Ad Blocker but the one I am referring to which is simply called 'AdBlock' is just for Google Chrome.

The one and only site that I have disable it the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

I actually do have it already. But it never works for Hulu for some reason? Thanks, though! :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum Owner
avatar

Posts : 3011
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue May 26, 2015 12:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you are using Google Chrome you can ad an extension called AdBlock and it gets rid of virtually all Ads. It is very simple to add to your Google Chrome account and it doesn't cost any money. It is very safe to use (if you're worried about adding extensions/downloads to your computer).

It gets rid of ALL YouTube ads, it gets rid of all those annoying ads/pop ups when you use sites like PutLocker and MegaShare. And it also gets rid of ads when watching channels like NBC (I use NBC.com to watch The Voice and I never have to sit through an advertisement). I am sure it would work with Hulu as well. I used to have Hulu and Netflix but got rid of them because I can watch just about everything that they offer online for free and with the AdBlocker it makes viewing things online so much easier.

And it also gets rid of annoying ads that pop up when you're trying to read articles. I'll tell you that my online experience has been so much better since adding the AdBlocker to my Google Chrome account.

I'm pretty sure it only works on Chrome though. Other providers like Firefox and Explorer may offer some type of Ad Blocker but the one I am referring to which is simply called 'AdBlock' is just for Google Chrome.

The one and only site that I have disable it the AdBlock for is CBS.com. I use CBS to watch Survivor and it won't allow me to watch it unless I disable the ad block for that page. Other than CBS, I've been able to use it everywhere else.

I actually do have it already. But it never works for Hulu for some reason? Thanks, though! :/

Oh, that's a shame because it really is a great option to have. I haven't used Hulu in quite sometime so I wasn't sure if it would work for that site or not. Sorry to hear that it doesn't.

_________________
"I should've known a little better good things never last forever".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paradisedreams

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2015-02-11
Age : 23
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue May 26, 2015 2:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I got it straight from Hulu using something called 'Playlater'. Playlater allows you to 'record' things from Hulu (and other big websites) to your computer. Although, they do give you a warning that if you distribute it (like on torrents and most likely youtube too) your Playlater account can be permanently banned - even though you payed. But it was a risk I was willing to take, I guess? My only intention was/is to let people outside of the US watch it without you guys having to go find some IP changer, or something like that, just so you can access it on Hulu. Which has dreadfully long AD's, anyways.

On another note - I did cut out the beginning part where they show the families at the memorial in the summer of 2006 (And Lauren Townsend's mom & Bill Clinton speaking.) Because I thought maybe something during that first part caused it to blocked worldwide upon upload. Which I now realize probably wasn't the case. I can upload it separately if anyone is interested.
I apologize if this sounds like a giant rambling mess! I'm sure you wanted this giant novel explaining every single detail. ;)

(edit: I realize I didn't even answer your question! I can try to download and upload that C-SPAN video to youtube for you.)
It is notoriously hard to get some of these videos, as I am outside the US. Yes please try to rip and upload it to Youtube. Very Happy

Here you go. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicy Jazzy
Top Contributor


Posts : 419
Join date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue May 26, 2015 2:42 am

Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeyjoejoe



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

This is an amazing documentary. Watching Lauren Townsend's mom say "I should have known, the earth should've shaken" to denote her daughter's death really gets to me. Hearing Corey DePooter's voice and putting it to his picture, seeing Daniel Mauser's bemusement at being filmed before going to France...

We're all here because Columbine was a pivotal and fascinating event in American history. But it bugs me that often people's fascination becomes a sort of fandom of Klebold and Harris, despite the frequent protests that they "don't condone what they did." Go ahead and tell me how troubled they were. How troubled are the 15 families who lost their loved ones because of their callous and incredibly selfish actions? For all the talk I've seen about how smart Eric and Dylan were, I've seen comparatively little about how foolish and short-sighted they were.

Klebold and Harris don't deserve tumblr fans. They do deserve their own remembrance as people; people with their own struggles and families that mourn, but to lose sight of the fact that they willingly murdered innocent people in the process is asinine. I've seen threads like "why didn't they kill more?" that are both sort of academic questions about the massacre but also incredibly callous about those that did die; as if their deaths are just a statistic. Ditto for the fan artwork that depicts Eric and Dylan as badasses, which IMO misses the point entirely. This movie shows why that line of thinking is dumb. Ultimately, whatever you say about the failures of society or the culpability of Luvox, the notion of psychopathy or the climate of bullying at CHS, Eric and Dylan willingly chose to kill people and break the hearts of numerous families.

What the fuck is so admirable about that? I don't begrudge anyone interest in the case. But it's lame to say the least that SOME (certainly not all to be fair) want to have their cake and eat it too on the subject of Harris and Klebold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcolus

avatar

Posts : 513
Join date : 2014-09-13
Location : New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Thu May 28, 2015 4:17 am

I get really angry when I see all those Facebook pages for them. They post pictures with text saying how they are handsome all over them, but I'm sure everyone's seen stuff like that before. Fan-girls (and the odd guy) really irk me :/.

_________________
*insert Columbine related quote here*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Denver



Posts : 59
Join date : 2015-06-19

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:38 pm

I love this documentary. It's beautiful and humane, it nearly made me cry, but in the end I felt happy, because I saw the families were able to be happy after all.

They had found peace - like Kelly Fleming's mother as she is smiling in her car, talking about the angel she saw in the old library windows.

There are many warm smiles in this documentary. This is a documentary about hope (as is the new library's name).

We are used to seeing the Scott family way too much (pushing their own agenda and making Rachel a martyr), so it was really refreshing to see the others, too. The Kechters seemed down-to-earth. Corey DePooter's and Kyle Velasquez's mothers' words were truly touching. I liked how John Tomlin's mother laughed about the fact that his son's first word was "ca-r".

After a decade, they still had so much love for their children and so vivid memories of them.

For me (and I think for all of us) this was the first time hearing Dave Sanders' voice and Corey's voice. The clips were short, but they still made them more three-dimensional. It's amazing that after 16 years - seeing their photos and reading about them, knowing how they died - they came to life like this. We also see Lauren Townsend dancing.

Before we've seen and heard Rachel Scott, Cassie Bernall and Daniel Mauser (tell me if I forgot someone). Daniel Rohrbough also appears in some of Rachel's videos.

If I'm not mistaken, the Curnow family was the only one not participating in the documentary. I wonder how they are doing today.


Last edited by John Denver on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sabratha

avatar

Posts : 1100
Join date : 2015-03-31
Location : Central Mazovian Plains

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

I dunno, I didn't think it was especially interesting. But then again, the subject matter is tough to deal with - you don't want to offend the victims parents or their memries, but you can easily end up sugar-coating the persons involved.

I did like the fact taht the people making the documentary didn't attempt to mash this into some sort of coherent artifical message. Each family was allowed to speak their minds, even if their beliefs contradicted one another. I think this made teh documentary feel genuine and down-to-earth, which was good.

_________________
"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:23 am

To be fair, its only the opinion of those like yourself that say they don't deserve tumblrs about them and fans, if you want to call their sympathizers that. People like myself disagree and I don't think that just because we are in the minority it makes our opinions and feelings invalid.



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is an amazing documentary. Watching Lauren Townsend's mom say "I should have known, the earth should've shaken" to denote her daughter's death really gets to me. Hearing Corey DePooter's voice and putting it to his picture, seeing Daniel Mauser's bemusement at being filmed before going to France...

We're all here because Columbine was a pivotal and fascinating event in American history. But it bugs me that often people's fascination becomes a sort of fandom of Klebold and Harris, despite the frequent protests that they "don't condone what they did." Go ahead and tell me how troubled they were. How troubled are the 15 families who lost their loved ones because of their callous and incredibly selfish actions? For all the talk I've seen about how smart Eric and Dylan were, I've seen comparatively little about how foolish and short-sighted they were.

Klebold and Harris don't deserve tumblr fans. They do deserve their own remembrance as people; people with their own struggles and families that mourn, but to lose sight of the fact that they willingly murdered innocent people in the process is asinine. I've seen threads like "why didn't they kill more?" that are both sort of academic questions about the massacre but also incredibly callous about those that did die; as if their deaths are just a statistic. Ditto for the fan artwork that depicts Eric and Dylan as badasses, which IMO misses the point entirely. This movie shows why that line of thinking is dumb. Ultimately, whatever you say about the failures of society or the culpability of Luvox, the notion of psychopathy or the climate of bullying at CHS, Eric and Dylan willingly chose to kill people and break the hearts of numerous families.

What the fuck is so admirable about that? I don't begrudge anyone interest in the case. But it's lame to say the least that SOME (certainly not all to be fair) want to have their cake and eat it too on the subject of Harris and Klebold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeyjoejoe



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:43 am

Yes, people like me think murdering people is bad. I would definitely call some of their tumblr sympathizers fans. You're entitled to whatever opinions you wish. Am I one of those posters who has been hurting your feelings lately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Imjustagirl



Posts : 3
Join date : 2015-06-13

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks so much for uploading this I would have never found it anywhere in Australia. I liked it it was just a whole other perspective on it. Through my research of columbine I have learnt so much about Eric and Dylan and why and when etc but I really didn't know too much about the victims. It was really insightful and sad to see their families memories and just how they've gotten through it all. It was a good documentary changed some of my thoughts and added a whole other side to my thinking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaintItBlack
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 1741
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Nobody here has ever said that killing people was a good thing. You won't hear many sympathizers saying it either, although as with any group of people there is a less desirable element who goes against most of the group.

And although I sincerely doubt, you care about my feelings, no they weren't hurt. My objections had nothing to do with hurt feelings, but rather respect that was given that wasn't given in return .




[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes, people like me think murdering people is bad. I would definitely call some of their tumblr sympathizers fans. You're entitled to whatever opinions you wish. Am I one of those posters who has been hurting your feelings lately?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joeyjoejoe



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:54 pm

Well, I'm glad I didn't hurt your feelings, because it wasn't my intention. I don't think I was being disrespectful, but you don't have to agree with me there. To me, it logically follows that if murdering people is obviously bad, glorifying it is too. My initial post was merely referring to some I've seen on the internet who clearly admire Harris and Klebold for what they did, but then profess not to sanction their actions, which I find dubious. I'd like to stress I'm not necessarily referring to you, because frankly I have only seen a few of your posts. I'd also add that being civil toward people with different opinions isn't the same thing as respecting them, because respect is something people give to those they deem have earned it. So ya know, have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonz

avatar

Posts : 103
Join date : 2015-01-21
Age : 26
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:56 am


I watched it last night and I can say that it's one of the saddest things I've ever seen. Corey's mom washing his grave, Kelly's parents with the alien inflatable she blew up 16 years ago… Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame



Posts : 228
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Found it on youtube.

You still have to bust out your credit card, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame



Posts : 228
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:00 pm

The interview with Isaiah's aunt made me cry. Just seeing the tear fall down her face, but she kept on talking. It just made me realize how horrible Isiah's death really was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame



Posts : 228
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Kind of weird how they avoided having the faces of the two Columbine killers in the documentary, but then they showed the Virginia Tech killer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
myshame



Posts : 228
Join date : 2017-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:50 pm

It was really surprising to hear Angela Sanders say "They're victims too" about the two killers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-01-22
Age : 24
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: 13 Families    Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:05 am

Does anyone have this document and can I send it? I live in Poland and is not available to me (please

_________________
I step outside, what did I hear?  I heard the whispers,        And the cries of the people's fear. The loneliness of wisdom, Can that be?
Britney Spears fan...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
13 Families
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Pureblood Index
» The Laws of Myth Drannor and list of Noble Houses

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: