Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Empty
PostSubject: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 4:25 am

Just kick starting a conversation about these two, does anyone think Fugate is telling the truth about how Starkweather took her as a hostage or does anyone think she is lying?

Also whilst very inaccurate the 2004 film with Brent Taylor is pretty decent
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 9:12 am

She lyin'.

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96566
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 11:42 pm

I tend to believe that she was afraid of him since she took off screaming for help.
But even if she wasn't she is an old woman now who has had to live all these years with the deaths of her parents and little sister.She must feel a little bit responsible since if she had not been dating him ,they would not have been killed.
Not even including the other people killed.

Anyone seen the movie with Tim Roth and Faizura Balk?

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski

NEXT STEP UP likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74176
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 12:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've seen the movie! But it was a long time ago. If I remember correctly, the movie portrayed Carli-Ann to be a total victim, and Charles to be very intimidating and controlling. Based on pics I've seen of the Real Charles Starkweather, he looked very playful and ornery. Goes to show you can't judge someon by the pictures they take!
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 11:01 pm

Kiwik wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've seen the movie! But it was a long time ago. If I remember correctly, the movie portrayed Carli-Ann to be a total victim, and Charles to be very intimidating and controlling. Based on pics I've seen of the Real Charles Starkweather, he looked very playful and ornery. Goes to show you can't judge someon by the pictures they take!

I don't know if Caril was that totally innocent as she was a rebellious teen but I think the movie was a very good re-creation of what happened.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74176
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 1:42 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

I don't know if Caril was that totally innocent as she was a rebellious teen but I think the movie was a very good re-creation of what happened.

I looked up the movie and it's called "Murder in the Heartland". And I don't think she was 100% innocent. I think she was rebellious too. I mainly only watched it b/c Fairuza Balk was in it, but I ended up actually liking the movie

One thing that I noticed with pretty much all couples who murder together is that they Always turn against each other once they're caught
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Kiwik wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

I looked up the movie and it's called "Murder in the Heartland". And I don't think she was 100% innocent. I think she was rebellious too. I mainly only watched it b/c Fairuza Balk was in it, but I ended up actually liking the movie

One thing that I noticed with pretty much all couples who murder together is that they Always turn against each other once they're caught

I think she was a rebellious teen but I don't believe she wanted those people killed.
Let's face it:if you saw your bf kill your family you probably would go along with him for a while out of pure fear.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 pm

These guys were one of the inspirations for Natural Born Killers
Back to top Go down
Engel

Engel

Contribution Points : 36159
Forum Reputation : 197

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 1:51 am

A good song on them:

"Humanity is overrated, isn't it?" - Matti Saari

"Live in virtue, no desire
And in the grave an angel's choir
You look to heaven and wonder why
No one can see them in the sky

Just as the clouds have gone to sleep
Angels can be seen in heaven's keep
Alone in fear, they question why
Goddamn, not an angel when I die
" - Engel, Rammstein (English version)

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 8:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Just kick starting a conversation about these two, does anyone think Fugate is telling the truth about how Starkweather took her as a hostage or does anyone think she is lying?

I'm not sure there's a compelling reason for Starkweaker to lie about her being an accomplice so I do think she was at least partly culpable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate    Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charles Starkweather and Caril-Ann Fugate
Page 1 of 1