Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted

Go down 
+9
bubbles
Kiwik
sscc
James411
InsaneIntruder
sororityalpha
exceptionella
Falco
shades
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 5:20 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I understand that your question was not addressed to me, but I hope it is okay if I say my opinion.

Though both cases are really horrible and sad - in this direction, I cannot see any difference between the two -, the motivations were not completely the same in each case.

Eric and Dylan "just" wanted to rage freely. For them, it seemed to have no importance what the victims' race were. They were extremely angry and they did the shooting without control.
Dylann Roof picked his victims based on their race.
I agree. The motivations were very different. Aside from the circumstances being similar, another reason I compared Columbine with the Charleston shooting is because the other poster suggested that Dylann Roof saw them as being "nothing more to him than black." I believe that in Columbine and every other shooting this same mindset exists. Victims are objects, often a representation of a concept that makes the killer angry and a means to an end. It's what motivates a person to kill people they have no personal relationship with. In Dylann's case, "black people" were the problem. To Anders Breivik, Marxists were the problem so he killed them. To Eric and Dylan, their zombie classmates were the problem so they killed them. I understand why a person might have more sympathy or understanding for one killer over another and I understand that motivations differ but I don't believe that there is a huge difference between Dylann Roof or any other mass shooter when it comes to their actual crimes and it seemed that this is what the other poster was saying.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75017
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 1:43 am

sscc wrote:
Tomb wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You need to engage in something called reading comprehension. There IS a huge difference in shooting up a school where people have an opportunity to escape and entering a CHURCH and waiting until the congregants bow their heads to pray to open fire. HUGE difference, especially when it's a HATE CRIME because these people were nothing more to him than black. I don't condone ANY of these violent acts. YOU will not find a SINGLE post of mine where I have said anything good about any of these people.

This is not a school shooting, and it won't be treated as such, nor was Anders Breivik and countless others who shoot up malls, restaurants, etc.
Maybe this is an irrelevant distinction to you but this was a bible study group in a meeting room of the church and not a service in the sanctuary. They were sitting around tables, much like the victims in the library were. They attempted to hide underneath the tables just as the Columbine victims did. Eric and Dylan taunted Isaiah about his race, not because they were racist but because they were being cruel and their victims meant nothing to them. They taunted many of their victims, while Dylann Roof did not. What difference does the setting or race of the victims make when you're shooting at random, unarmed people that have nothing to do with your pain or anger?

Thank you!

And for the person (Tomb) saying that the high school students had a chance to escape while Eric and Dylan were stalking the library and taunting them? What a joke. Eric and Dylan would've shot anyone who attempted to flee without their permission in a heartbeat. In fact, if you read the 11k, you'll realise a lot of the students hiding in the library got the feeling that Eric and Dylan were hoping for students to attempt to flee so they could gun them down in the open.

I'm glad the above poster was able to make what I said clear to you after your overreaction to my post and unnecessary comment attacking my reading comprehension skills. Maybe you need to sit and think about how you sound when you propose the absurd idea that apparently the unarmed high school kids in the library stood a good chance of escaping Eric and Dylan whilst they were being shot at under tables.

Tomb wrote:
There IS a difference in these crimes and they ALL deserve death.

Who deserves death? Eric, Dylan and Dylann? I never disputed that.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 7:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this is the last time I'll be posting on this subject, and probably any subject. I don't even know what your problem is with me, and I really don't care. I have bigger things to worry about than fucking Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold and Dildo Roof. Not that it matters at all to you, but I have a very limited time left on this earth and I have chosen to make each moment count. I have said again and again, so many people are living to die, but I'm dying to live.

As a matter of fact, I made my farewell post yesterday.

Have a wonderful, long life. I truly mean that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted    Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accused Charleston Church Shooter Dylann Roof Assaulted
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2