Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying

Go down 
+7
sscc
bubbles
Nirvana92
aquillina
Lizpuff
shades
PaintItBlack
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:32 am

sscc wrote:
Kiwik wrote:
One thing that still stands out to me was that stupid little BS online survey he did. Under the question what personality traits you admire in a significant other, he listed "compassion". The question isn't worded exactly like that, but I thought that was an interesting answer.
Do you have a link to this? I don't think I've ever seen it.

You can find it full size on the very last page of the Columbine docs but here it is

75 is the answer from above[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:34 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Kiwik wrote:
I think he did want help but didn't want to just come out and say it. I think he gave subtle hints but wanted someone to be able to read him and acknowledge that he was in pain without him having to give too many details. Its possible that he was desperate for someone to see through the tough guy front he put up and realize what was actually going on in his head. I don't think he wanted to say it out of fear of admitting to and exposing that he had a softer, emotional side. One thing that still stands out to me was that stupid little BS online survey he did. Under the question what personality traits you admire in a significant other, he listed "compassion".
Thank you for this. I agree he gave very telling yet subtle hints.

I wonder whether he let these things out to Dylan. I mean if there had to be a person, could it have been Dylan? I really always wonder whether they had these intense conversations since they have decided to die together anyway. Maybe he may have told him all these things he really felt about life and himself, Dylan shared aswell and they decided that the world was useless and to go out with a bang.
Hence I brought up above had someone asked him the right questions would it change his perspective a little.

I am not sure it was Dylan. I am not sure if Eric had a vent for these kinds of things at all. I think it is pretty telling that his crying tape has him alone. And the part where he is talking about missing his family he is again alone. I don't know that he wanted Dylan to see this side of him. Dylan probably knew it was there but I think Eric tried to keep it hidden. I think that is part of the reason he hated that side of himself so much. It was boiling inside of him and he had no outlet. He didn't go to his parents/brother with it and he didn't have a girlfriend or anyone close to vent to so he kept it inside. The hurt manifested as anger and came out in his journal and website. So I guess it did come out, but not in the original form. Of course this is all my opinion!
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83552
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
sscc wrote:
Kiwik wrote:
One thing that still stands out to me was that stupid little BS online survey he did. Under the question what personality traits you admire in a significant other, he listed "compassion". The question isn't worded exactly like that, but I thought that was an interesting answer.

You can find it full size on the very last page of the Columbine docs but here it is

75 is the answer from above[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you very much!

I remember wasting time with this kind of survey in elementary and middle school, back when there was no real social media and you would just go through it and then mass e-mail it to your friends and they would do the same.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 1:05 pm

sscc wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
sscc wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

Thank you very much!

I remember wasting time with this kind of survey in elementary and middle school, back when there was no real social media and you would just go through it and then mass e-mail it to your friends and they would do the same.

I also did a crapton of those! And some were chain so if you didn't email them out you would be murdered in your sleep by the kid who lived under your bed lol
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74301
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Ha I got the compassion question Totally wrong!  Ah well.

And I used to do those surveys all the time too!
Back to top Go down
Pipistrelle

Pipistrelle

Contribution Points : 72163
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 9:55 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
sscc wrote:
Kiwik wrote:

It's strange how few people know about this doc! (I would think tumblr fangirls would plaster the website with reblogs of this, but I rarely see it floating around)

Also wow, that ice cream answer (# 65) is so weirdly endearing and super different in tone when compared to all his other answers LOL

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:13 pm

Kinda morbid how some of the answers end up being true in a dark humor kind of way, sort of like when he thought of himself being in hell, "former" columbine high school and wanting to be cremated. Also, Gosh I wish we knew who he thought was the hottest person hahah.
This survey reminds me why I like Eric.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73498

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 12:00 am

I find this survey totally ridiculous but the answers he put really cracked me up. But hey that's Eric for ya. He did possess this dark twisted sense of humor.

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74301
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 12:04 am

The favorite candy question always cracked me up. And the fact that he actually answered the favorite flower question honestly, instead of saying something along the lines of "stomp it/burn it/shoot its petals off" haha
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:25 am

The compassion answer is very telling and honest, cause basically he wanted someone who was just like him. He could get very compassionate. I remember that story he did for class where when he was young and was out with a friend and the Friend got hurt and he cycled back out to get help despite having a broken leg or sth like that. Yes, Eric can get endearing, he's funny and when he likes you he'll try to put you first. Hence I always think that it's sad and a waste he couldn't get help and be saved.

Contribution Points : 73498

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 am

That compassion answer really got to me too. It really makes you want to believe that Eric still had good inside of him and it's really sad that he never got a chance to prove it. Even so I like to believe both of Eric and Dylan could have been saved. Dylan though I think would have been more of a challenge.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 8:39 pm

Eric definitely had opportunities to change his thinking, he just didn't know how to take them. I think the right choice for him would have been to leave all his friends, including Dylan, leave CO, and head to somewhere where he can be completely new, away from all the people he hated. He was obviously quite mentally ill, and very insecure under the walls he put up. Clearly very few people could see that - only by reading little things like that do you realise that he was not the horrible person that the media portrayed him to be. He had the ability to be very compassionate, but in an effort to increase his confidence, he hid that. Sad to think of how much potential he had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying   Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classmate said Eric suicidal because of bullying
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2