Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where were Dylan's socks?

Go down 
+2
pkvscend
PaintItBlack
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96716
Forum Reputation : 52

Where were Dylan's socks? Empty
PostSubject: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 12:56 am

I wonder if his parent's got those back too?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 1:05 am

Something directly associated with this that always made me so sad

After the massacre, Sue and Tom Klebold fought in court multiple times for the clothes Dylan wore during the shooting because the Jefferson County sheriff’s officials would not cooperate.

Jefferson County District Judge, Brooke Jackson, ruled that Jeffco should keep the clothing and most certainly his drawings and writings. The Klebolds then asked the Colorado Court of Appeals to overrule Judge Jackson.

The clothing ‘helps corroborate the identification of Klebold by witnesses’ and plays a small, but important part, for trying to piece together the timeline and details of the massacre. The black trenchcoat was used by Klebold to conceal his weapons as he entered the school. His belt and suspenders were used to carry ammunition. He tucked explosives into his pants. The glove he wore on his left hand had its fingertips cut off to make it easier to handle weapons. Apparently this was crucial for Jeffco to possess for the investigation.

The Klebolds called the purported need for their sons clothing to corroborate witnesses identification an absurdity for ‘there is no one to identify.’

The Klebolds also wanted Jeffco to give them their son’s journals, his math homework, and his “doodling.”

“They are mostly innocent writings of a teenage boy, including homework and drawings. The crime was not committed with writings but with guns and bullets.” they said in court documents. However in the end, they only were given his clothes. The picture above is the receipt of all the clothing given to the Klebolds.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
pkvscend

pkvscend

Contribution Points : 71000
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 3:57 am

maybe he didn't wear socks that day?? Document 026371 in the 11k is a list written by Dylan (I think. It looks like his writing) of things he hates and it lists socks.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96324
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 am

The list also does not list his underwear. We do know he was wearing socks and underwear that day because they are listed in the autopsy.

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79886
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:32 am

Really? Oop, did they keep his underwear? o.O

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 9:35 pm

I wonder what happened to his socks and underwear? I know his parents wanted everything back and to give an example from the same tragedy, Rachel's parents got back everything she had that day including her bra and underwear.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79886
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 pm

I would like to know more details on these too as to why they kept it. Either kept or discarded it after possibly using it for idk DNA samples maybe? Some things they found on his undergarment and socks?

Remember that whole thing with Daniel Rohrbough where they wouldn't give his parents back his shirt when his mom asked for it?

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Why would you be sad that they didn't give back his socks? Like seriously is this what your life has become?
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83577
Forum Reputation : 698

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 2:49 am

x5000x wrote:
Why would you be sad that they didn't give back his socks? Like seriously is this what your life has become?

Maybe it's the fact that their son is gone forever under tragic circumstances so the parents are fighting as hard as they can for whatever pieces of their son they can hold onto.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102338
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 6:27 pm

I wonder if they still have his trench coat.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 12:43 am

sscc wrote:
x5000x wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that their son is gone forever under tragic circumstances so the parents are fighting as hard as they can for whatever pieces of their son they can hold onto.

Exactly.If I was the parent of one of the 15, I would want every little thing I could find of my loved one to hold on to ,to remember them by.

But I actually found what his parents wrote in their appeal to get his belongings back to be the saddest thing of all here.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where were Dylan's socks?   Where were Dylan's socks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where were Dylan's socks?
Page 1 of 1