Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylan's birthday thread?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 72006
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylan's birthday thread? Empty
PostSubject: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:37 pm

I would like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to not be objected to flaming.

It is possible that I made a mistake by expressing my disagreement, but my impression is that the thread is on its way to lose its original topic.
I think it would be good if any of the site admins checked what is going there, and decided if the recent activity is appropriate. If my posts are unacceptable, so it is better if they are moderated - I would do my best to avoid further flame wars! And sorry.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79861
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Moonshadow it's really not entirely your fault buddy. It's normal for disagreements to happen. That being said since you made this thread as an announcement lets let the mods decide if the slight debate over the birthday thread is acceptable and will be kept after its died down.

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - you see, disagreement might occur and it is okay - but flaming is not necessarily a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118908
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 pm

I will read through the thread but the only thing that would be removed is personal attacks towards other members on this forum. Not people's opinions on Dylan.

Sorry guys and girls, but I'm sure you all knew the risk you were taking when you decided to make a Birthday thread for a murderer. The things that Dylan did are way worse than what anyone could possibly say about him in a thread on a forum.

Personally, I have no problem with the Birthday thread but I also won't shut people's opinions down on it either.

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for answering so quickly!

I have nothing against others' opinion being different from mine, but would rather avoid personal attacks and rage. Even if the topic is sensitive indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:55 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for answering so quickly!

I have nothing against others' opinion being different from mine, but would rather avoid personal attacks and rage. Even if the topic is sensitive indeed.
Who was personally attacked?

Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 12:57 pm

No-one, actually, but I saw some signs of a flame starting.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 1:06 pm

Moonshadow wrote:
No-one, actually, but I saw some signs of a flame starting.
OK. Well I've read through this thread and I agree that no one has been personally attacked. And I wouldn't worry too much about that happening. Anything personal towards another member would be shut down pretty fast. Between me, Ivan and the 3 moderators, there is always someone on the forum and everyone here pretty much already knows that personally attacking others is a no go.

If there are certain members you just cannot agree with, just agree to disagree and move on. It's not worth it to try and make someone else see things the way you do.

Back to top Go down
bubbles

Contribution Points : 75142

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 6:00 am

Jenn wrote:
Sorry guys and girls, but I'm sure you all knew the risk you were taking when you decided to make a Birthday thread for a murderer. The things that Dylan did are way worse than what anyone could possibly say about him in a thread on a forum.

Thank you. I understand you're not taking sides here, but I'm grateful that someone impartial has pointed this out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylan's birthday thread?   Dylan's birthday thread? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylan's birthday thread?
Page 1 of 1