Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what motivates kids to kill?

Go down 
+2
Camellia
gunsgobang
6 posters
AuthorMessage

what motivates kids to kill? Empty
PostSubject: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 2:35 am

hey im new here and i cant find any intresting threads to respond to. but i would like to get to know all of you and i dont exactly know how to do that so i guess i will ask something basic and complex. what motivates kids to kill. theres plenty of videos and articles that already talk in depth about this kind of subject but i would like to hear your guys thoughts maybe this will bring some intresting conversation to this thread bounce
Back to top Go down
gunsgobang

Contribution Points : 76483
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 am

Hello!
I'm currently in school to become a forensic psychologist, so I have a bit of a background on this subject, though I am mostly interested in adolescents and adults.

I think the most obvious response is that killing a mixture of neurological deficits and environmental factors. Though usually it is a combination of both, it is possible that one can be present without the other and be correlated with murder
Back to top Go down
Camellia

Contribution Points : 78224

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 9:54 am

That's an interesting question.

Kids come to world and have to build themselves, their personality, self-esteem… I think if someone or something stop them to do this correctly they feel rage and because they have not enough perspective to deal with it, they can "embrace" it and hang on the idea of revenge.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124574
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 3:11 am

What motivates people to kill ?

POWER, CONTROL, HATE, REVENGE
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86328
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 2:07 am

Depends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2020 9:03 pm

Moving thread to its appropriate section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 10:02 am

I think it's revenge against humanity
Back to top Go down
Luci

Luci

Contribution Points : 40528
Forum Reputation : 68

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 am

Predisposition to violence(lack of empathy) and a bad childhood could motivate it. At least with a lot of serial killers like Joseph DeAngelo. I’m not 100 percent sure as I don’t read anout serial killers or cold cases so much except for Joseph DeAngelo. It creeps me out.

“There isn’t an open sky or endless field to be found where I reside, not is there light or salvation to be discovered. Right about now I feel as low as I ever have. So fucking naive man, so fucking naive. Always expecting change when I know nothing ever changes… I sacrifice no more for others, part of me has fucking died and I hate this shit. I’m living every mans nightmare and that single fact alone is kicking my ass.”
-Jeff Weise
Back to top Go down
ellie

ellie

Contribution Points : 42081

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 11:05 am

there's a lot that goes into it. when i was 14 i was arrested and investigated by the feds for threatening my school. it was a really weird situation. it was maybe a month into freshman year, prior to that i was homeschooled so i'd never really been in a school before. i had no reason to be mad at my school or anyone there, i mean shit i was so excited to finally be in school and have friends. mental illness played a big part in it. i was on a high dose of zoloft, that stuff made me feel absolutely nothing, i lost all feelings of empathy and morality (never really got those back). at the same time i started noticing i was having violent thoughts the stem shooting happened, i was really interested in it, and from there i started researching columbine and completely obsessing over it. i was so sick, i was so not ok that i genuinely thought that what eric and dylan did was a good thing and i condoned it, i thought they were so cool for doing what they did and said some really shitty things about the victims. its absolutely insane to think about it all now, i'm a lot better and its nuts to think i actually thought these things, i truly believed eric and dylan were these gods and that i should replicate what they did. i think the combination of meds, mental illnesses, fucked up home life, and discovering columbine when i was at my worst is what really did it for me. i could go on and on about the subject but i think ive gotten my point across lol

PostSubject: Re: what motivates kids to kill?   what motivates kids to kill? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what motivates kids to kill?
Page 1 of 1