Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylann Roof sentenced to death.

Go down 
+6
imgview
Tommy QTR
abstractsmigs
Lizpuff
Falco
Jenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Empty
PostSubject: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:02 pm

By lethal injection. After deliberating for only 3 hours, all the jurors agreed that Dylann Roof should be put to death.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86657
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 am

Huh. Can't say that its a bad thing.

Denethor likes this post

anna444 and AmyistWarrior dislike this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm

I am not surprised. He will probably appeal for as long as he can

abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71973
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

Capital punishment is essentially government assisted revenge, doesn't "judicial revenge" seem like a bit of a contradiction? Oh well, if he didn't want to die he should have picked a different state.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 2:19 pm

In researching the death penalty, I find it to be a joke. The manufacturers of the "cocktail" have come under tremendous pressure not to supply the drugs to facilitate the act. That's why you see so many languishing on death row as lawsuits and appeals go to the Supreme Court.

Of course, South Carolina is not going to take this to trial...yet. There's no statute of limitations and the judge in S.C. that basically allows the court to try him at any point in the future. Interestingly enough, not only do they offer lethal injection, but also electrocution.

I knew how he would perform during the penalty phase, and of course, immediately ask for an appeal. What disturbs me the most is that the families and victims will relive this for a very long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 4:34 pm

Dylann Roof should die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 7:55 am

It would be nice if he took a page out of Timothy McVeigh's book and refuse the appeals and be executed fairly swiftly. I don't have respect for McVeigh, but he at least took his punishment without decades of further terrorizing the families and victims through years of appeals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 12:38 pm

When is he going to be executed?
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91942
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 2:49 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
He'll most likely die in jail, Richard Farley was sentenced to death in 1988 and he's still prison.

-Lil Peep

AmyistWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 3:01 pm

But he's 24 now, so chances are he does get executed when he is 40 something, he should have become an hero on the day of the Shooting.
Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 54284
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Anonymous wrote:
It would be nice if he took a page out of Timothy McVeigh's book and refuse the appeals and be executed fairly swiftly. I don't have respect for McVeigh, but he at least took his punishment without decades of further terrorizing the families and victims through years of appeals.
Oh please he will be in prison for the rest of his life anyway, Americans have such a melodramatic victim culture.

Ziamber II wrote:
But he's 24 now, so chances are he does get executed when he is 40 something, he should have become an hero on the day of the Shooting.
The death penalty will probably be abolished before his execution, the whole thing is just a mess.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 11:45 am

Guest wrote:
I don't have respect for McVeigh, but he at least took his punishment without decades of further terrorizing the families and victims through years of appeals.

I'm sure it was very terrifying for the victims knowing that their tormentor was locked in what amounted to a room of solid concrete with no way of escaping.

AmyistWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2018 4:03 pm

imgview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Oh please he will be in prison for the rest of his life anyway, Americans have such a melodramatic victim culture.

Ziamber II wrote:
The death penalty will probably be abolished before his execution, the whole thing is just a mess.

But the Federal death penalty would almost certainley continue, even if all the States don't.
Back to top Go down
AmyistWarrior
Banned

Contribution Points : 12547

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 8:27 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
He'll most likely die in jail, Richard Farley was sentenced to death in 1988 and he's still prison.
I was unaware that Richard recieved the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
ChoHuiSeung

ChoHuiSeung

Contribution Points : 17066

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 3:52 am

I don't get why we even sentence mass shooters to death. It will be decades before they get the needle. Especially when they will just be abusing the appeal system.

1312c0lumb1n3r likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 4:40 am

Guest wrote:
Dylann Roof should die.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CUECUMBER

CUECUMBER

Contribution Points : 8813
Forum Reputation : 110

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 05, 2023 2:16 pm

Death penalty is pointless because some murderers enter into a plea bargain to take it off the table, and others like James Holmes and Nikolas Cruz don't get it because the jury is not unanimous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dylann Roof sentenced to death.   Dylann Roof sentenced to death. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylann Roof sentenced to death.
Page 1 of 1