Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Empty
PostSubject: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 5:18 pm

It was a waste of resources. No shrapnel was included, they were just fireworks essentially.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:39 am

I think they thought they were going to be more effective than they were. They also served as extra scare tactics as well being that they were loud.

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Hey, sweetie! I've missed you so much!
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:46 am

they just didn't make good pipebombs. If excellent it'd be pretty fatal and cause serious damages.

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 am

They had more confidence than knowledge, it appears. And thankfully so, because there could have been a lot more casualties and some pretty devastating injuries.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 8:49 am

I know Eric had that book about bombs and had done some research but I really think he just was lazy. He knew how to take the fireworks apart and they were relatively cheap so I think he just stuck with those. And good thing that he did.

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] YES! Whatever the reason for their failure, there's probably a lot of people who were saved by his laziness, lack of knowledge, crappy instructions or whatever.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought they did use shrapnel. In Eric's list that kept track of the bombs he made (page 26023), he included a column with redacted information that was labeled "shrapnel load." There's also Eric's text document (mentioned on page 10431-2) called "The Book" where he talks about shrapnel.

I think Eric realized that his pipe bombs would probably not be lethal, either before the attack or shortly after they started. If they honestly thought that these bombs were going to kill, I don't think they would have lit them up and tossed them so casually while they remained in the general area. As someone above mentioned, I think they were loud, smoky and intimidating and this is mainly why Eric enjoyed them. I do think he believed his propane bombs would be lethal though.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 3:12 pm

There was some shrapnel on them but a fair amount of it didn't really work Not as well as it could have anyway

tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:23 am

A number of posts in this thread have been edited or deleted.

This is due to the fact that they were bordering on being instructional.

Per the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]:

"Other prohibited material/posts not allowed on the public board
Making posts on how to create and/or acquire bombs, explosives, guns or any other kinds of weapons is strictly forbidden. General discussion about bombs/guns is allowed but giving instructions on how to make/acquire these weapons will be deleted immediately and if you break this rule more than once, we will give you a warning and/or a temporary ban. If you continue to break this rule, you will be permanently banned from the site.
"

Referencing portions of Eric's writing that address bombs with page numbers is absolutely fine, but it is preferred that they're not directly quoted.

Please do not discuss what should have been used in place of things that actually were used.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83257
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:50 am

I did think twice before posting the excerpt but I figured it would be acceptable since it only mentioned the shrapnel aspect of bomb making. Now I know otherwise. Apologies for that.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:16 am

sscc wrote:
I did think twice before posting the excerpt but I figured it would be acceptable since it only mentioned the shrapnel aspect of bomb making. Now I know otherwise.
Apologies for that.

There's no need to apologize, we just wanted to clarify.

You weren't posting about what should have been used in place of the failing components, and the posts that did allude to that are the posts that were deleted.

Yours was just edited.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?   Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did E&D make pipe bombs anyway?
Page 1 of 1