Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eighteen years of Columbine

Go down 
+22
FIBAgent
WhereHateRunsRed
suburbanmessiah
KitKat2013
W.A.R.
o7p7a
lastmealpotatoskins
anarchy
PaintItBlack
sororityalpha
EGSandrew
Juicy Jazzy
Kiwik
myshame
shades
bubbles
Lizpuff
sscc
Lunkhead McGrath
elia
Jbow89
LPorter101
26 posters
AuthorMessage
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 70298
Forum Reputation : 345

Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 pm

sororityalpha wrote:
Manes asks Harris if he was going shooting tonight and Harris says maybe tomorrow.

Slick.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 pm

Manes' girlfriend, Jessica Miklich, remembers it this way:

Quote :
Manes asked Harris if he was going shooting that night as it was about 9:00pm. Harris replied "no, I'm going shooting tomorrow".
Back to top Go down
KitKat2013

Contribution Points : 99669
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 pm

It stroke me hard when I realized it's 04/20. It's 23:00 here in Germany so almost midnight, but something led me back to this place. The weird thing is that I haven't opened my Columbine folders and files on my PC for roughly a year and still I think about this day.

Many things have been posted on page one in this thread I just can agree to!
To me, decay is something I can not handle. Questions and feelings about death like the fatalities happened 18 years ago are so deep and dark I can not even express. I have not been there, I have been 8.5 years at that time and live(d) thousands miles away, but as someone said, nostalgia is a part of it and simple empathy for ALL parties involved.

I've been browsing to the stickies with the library footage from '98 and it's like a time capsule. The VHS quality, the CRTs, the way people are dressed. For some reason, which is also a super strange coincidence, I connect Britney Spears to that time. Her famous album has been released on 20.04.1999.....

I think it's hard to open that capsule every year and take a deep breath of all the emotions, the grief, the sadness. I just can imagine how hard it might be for the families. Thinking about they would be 35 years by now gives me, a grown man, the shivers and sligth tears in my eyes..

This forum and its users always made it possible to discuss this with "passion" yet respect to what happened. The Columbine Shooting has an eerie attraction of morbid curiosity and shared sadness and emotions it's great - in it's twisted way.

I joined in, I think, 2010 on the old forums and am lurking and loggin in rarely, but I still feel that I had good reads and deep discussions over the past eight years. So before I log off and go back to lurk mode, I felt the urge to express my personal feeling.

Cheers,
Tobias
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

Contribution Points : 68678
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
sororityalpha wrote:
Manes asks Harris if he was going shooting tonight and Harris says maybe tomorrow.

Slick.

Bwahaha.

Happy Collar Bone day, all. Be safe. This day has a lot of personal meaning to me, and for more than one reason. I can still remember this day unfolding on the television, and although I was intrigued, I couldn't imagine it would spark what has become a life-long interest. I am glad I found a community of others that feel the same way. Love and respect to all of you!

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 81804
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Too many thoughts to type down, this site and the information on it must never go though
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

Contribution Points : 68678
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 pm

WhereHateRunsRed wrote:
Too many thoughts to type down, this site and the information on it must never go though

I hear you on having the "too many thoughts".

A little over a year ago (March 2016) I reworked something I wrote back in 2003 that attempted to explain why I was so drawn to the massacre, and why I personally felt so connected to it. And I posted it on my Facebook (and before you ask, I made it so only certain friends, family and colleagues can see it...JUUUST 'cause you never know.) It was a massive, MASSIVE undertaking, but I still don't think I even scraped the surface of my interest. I was actually thinking of posting it here, too, but it still feels so...so unfinished to me. It's still not where it's supposed to be, in my mind.

Anyway, yeah, there is A LOT I can say but I feel I would just be reiterating what I already said, or even, what others have already said, and better...

William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67945

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
I was in kindergarten when it happened. I never heard anything about it until like 9th or 10th grade. Then once I got out of college I got sucked into it all. I don't know what it is about it and I probably never will, but it's always the first thing I think of when I hear about a shooting. Granted VT and Sandy Hook were far worse in body count, Columbine's become the "standard" and staple in school/mass shootings. Honestly it'll never go away. Years from now we could have schools being blown up and death counts in the hundreds, but Columbine will always be referenced.

Thankfully you will be forgotten within a month and your genocidal delusional burst of idiocy won't let you be a household name.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 am

FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
I was in kindergarten when it happened. I never heard anything about it until like 9th or 10th grade. Then once I got out of college I got sucked into it all. I don't know what it is about it and I probably never will, but it's always the first thing I think of when I hear about a shooting. Granted VT and Sandy Hook were far worse in body count, Columbine's become the "standard" and staple in school/mass shootings. Honestly it'll never go away. Years from now we could have schools being blown up and death counts in the hundreds, but Columbine will always be referenced.

Thankfully you will be forgotten within a month and your genocidal delusional burst of idiocy won't let you be a household name.

Pot, meet kettle.

shades, 22:22 and Insomnia like this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Oh wow that’s eerie

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:44 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Indeed! Shocked Once again this really makes you wonder about the people you come into contact with on here.

I find it kind of scary that I have what I consider good forum-ships with certain people and truly have no clue about what type of person they are in real life.Suspect
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 4:45 pm

True. However it’s kind of the cliché though Even when you know someone in real life it’s always they were such a nice person. Or they kept to themselves after they commit a crime.

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2022 1:40 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Yyyyyeeeepppp.

Banned

Contribution Points : 49491

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 am

wow.
Back to top Go down
Watcher

Contribution Points : 24273
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2022 7:04 am

shades wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
FIBAgent wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:

Pot, meet kettle.

Yyyyyeeeepppp.
Funny thing is that I was going through the Suicide Tapes in 2018 on anniversary days. Anyway, this reminds me of my recent theory is that people who are in community but post mean things about shooters are more likely to become shooters themselves when the push comes to shove.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen years of Columbine   Eighteen years of Columbine - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eighteen years of Columbine
Page 1 of 1