Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
James411

PostSubject: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:14 pm

I was just thinking about this topic. Why dont more mass shooter try to flee the scene of the crime and escape.
I feel the only one to try to do this as far as I know is James Holmes. He committed his nefarious crime dressed as a riot police office and was almost in his car about to speed a way but police noticed him.

Then I was thinking of other like Adam Lanza he could have flee the scene of the crime I think maybe there were no security cameras and nobody really saw him clearly because he was wearing clothes that covered most of his face. I mean it took the police ten minutes to get inside the school why did he not try to flee the scene and ride his car to the airport and get away.

Yeah the guns would be problem but they could get illegal guns since they are doing a crime and hide the finger prints. Eric and Dylan had been captured on ctv so they could not have escaped.

Elliot if he had not made those video could have crashed his car into the ocean and faked his suicide maybe. It is just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Draw_It_White
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:18 pm

I'd guess that most are ready and wanting to die when they do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:19 pm

They would have been tracked down no matter what.
Too much evidence on the scene, plus too many witnesses.
Mass shooting are a special kind of crime, it involves spectacle and shock. A very public event.
Killers who don't want to get caught don't do such things, they kill people quietly in the midst of the night, not go out on the street and start gunning down people, foolishly expecting nobody would identify them.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
cicero

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:21 pm

Mass murderers tend to also be suicidal so suicide is always part of the plan when they go on their murdering spree. They rarely if ever even consider escaping.
I've just been watching a series on amazon called Rampage:Killing without Reason and some experts on mass murder talk about this point quite a bit. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:49 am

What about that Dylan Roof he tried to flee the scene and was only caught because of the security camera at the church and because he left one witness alive for some reason. Then there is the washignton mall shooter he left the mall but did not get caught until I think a week later because of the security cameras.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:22 am

James411 wrote:
What about that Dylan Roof he tried to flee the scene and was only caught because of the security camera at the church and because he left one witness alive for some reason. Then there is the washignton mall shooter he left the mall but did not get caught until I think a week later because of the security cameras.

But they did get caught.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
shades
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:01 pm

They either want to be taken out there by cops or they want to be arrested for their name and story to be told/known.

cicero

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:58 pm

The mass shooters that commit suicide want to die, the ones that try to escape probably don't. I don't really think it's more complicated than that,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaucyJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Adam wanted to live in a time before language developed in humans, which is never going to be possible, and had concluded a long time before his shooting that life was not worth living; he referred to those who disagree as 'life apologists'.

Plus, suicide represents victory; there is no chance for you to be brought to justice, but there is if you flee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaucyJimmy

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Also, why do you have Elliot Rodger as you profile picture? He is a source of hilarity and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
STK

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:51 am

Mass murder is an endpoint for the killers. They go in understanding that when the smoke is cleared, they will either be dead or in prison forever. And they don't care. Their lives have reached the point where they are willing to die, as long as they get to make a little piece of the world die with them.

There are some exceptions, of course. Luke Woodham tried to escape, but his car got stuck in a verge of grass and the principal held him at gunpoint till the cops arrived.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Andrew Golden and Mitchell Johnson intended to flee their town and return when the heat died down, but they were intercepted by the police on route to their intended getaway vehicle.

There was this Belgian Congo constable, Will Unek, who killed 21 people with an axe before escaping to nearby British territory. He got a false identity, found work, and started his life anew, free of mass murder. While, at least until he went on another killing spree, slaughtering 36 people with a stolen rifle, an axe, and his own two hands before he went on the run again. This time he wasn't so lucky, succumbing to wounds sustained from a police set fire.

I plan to live in a big, black hole. My firearms will be the only things to fight my isolation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Skrik

PostSubject: Re: Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?   Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 pm

James411 wrote:

In his confession video, Dylann Roof said that he was planning on shooting himself when police arrived to stop him, but after hearing nothing outside and seeing nobody enter the church, he cautiously walked outside, saw that nobody was there and took the chance to flee despite saying that he still knew he would be caught before long. He likely left that person alive because he was sure he'd kill himself after the shooting and wanted a witness to live to tell the story.

Why dont more mass shooters try to flee the scene of the crime?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1