Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine related plays

Go down 
+4
1Mare1
Draw_It_White
lasttrain
Screamingophelia
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Columbine related plays Empty
PostSubject: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 1:05 pm

A few months ago a theatre near me did a Columbine play. It was before I started to research and check in on the case again and I didn't think I could stomach seeing it. Just knowing what I know and being so effected by it years ago. Has anyone seen or heard about the plays?

There is Columbus and The Columbine Project (much like the Laramie Project based on Matthew Shepherd) there was an interview with the actor who played Dylan and he was like "I don't play him like a monster, I find his humanity" I wonder if the actors who played Eric and Dylan looked at the journals and videos?

Though to be honest I would probably audition for a show like this, I'm more of a writer now but still enjoy acting. It would be interesting yet eerie in a way playing Cassie Bernall or any of the other victims. Also I wonder how much misinformation is in the plays?

If I were to be cast in a show like this. I wonder the looks I would get if I got cast and just emailed Hitmen for Hire and links to E&D's journals to the actors who were playing Eric and Dylan...
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102163
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 4:16 pm

There's another called Columbinus.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 10:56 am

I watched a video of one of the plays & I don't think I got through to the end of it - not because it moved me - because it was shit.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Most plays I've seen are painfully inaccurate, and are based on Cullenbine.

johncena likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 am

There’s another play called “The Columbine Project” it’s being performed at a theatre in SoCal.

I read part of the review and I guess they show the hair pulling scene and how Rachel tried to befriend Dylan... and I was done. I wanted to comment on the inaccuracies but didn’t...

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69050
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 2:13 pm

Would be interesting but I'd probably dislike them due to their inaccuracy.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 2:21 pm

joebox97 wrote:
Would be interesting but I'd probably dislike them due to their inaccuracy.

I can see if I can find it but I posted a 15 minute snippet of a student film based on the shooting. And they have a lot of inaccuracies. Plus a lot of made up narrative. But the concept of it I thought was interesting

Like they had Lauren say I’ll never get to go to prom and she literally went to prom three days before. They had one of the characters as gay (Steve curnow) one of them as someone who bullied him. Yet there is no tangible stories to make that true. Then they had Eric and Dylan yell 1,2,3 off stage

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm

joebox97

Contribution Points : 69050
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Its a great concept but not sure why people would want to see a play of it, even the slightest reference to columbine is offensive to most.

But I guess plays are usually supposed to be about drama
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 7:20 pm

I came across another play that was Off-Broadway called the Erklings about Eric and Dylan.

Coni Sanders wrote a scathing piece about it. She said it would have been better if the play was about gun control. I respectfully disagree.

I mean I am sure you can write a good play about gun control... but the inner workings of two teenagers going to commit a rampage is a bit more interesting to write and play as an actor.

Again though, they have Dylan walking around in his darn Wrath shirt.. Dylan as far as i know didn't just walk around like that

Eric is played by a transgendered actor. I am not entirely sure how 1999 Eric would feel about that but he did get good reviews for his portrayal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kudos for getting the height difference!!

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Was there a Columbine musical at some point or was that some sort of nightmare I had once?

Contribution Points : 74944
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 3:24 pm

There are two that I know of.

The Erlkings:

here's a rebuttal from Coni Sanders:

There's also Columbinus, which has been mentioned in this thread already:

The Erlkings seemed more controversial, I guess. It was also made relatively late.
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 3:46 pm

Eric: No big deal because of-

Dylan: Tuesday bowling

Eric: 6:00am-

Dylan: We arrive at Littleton Lanes and bowl just like normal-

Eric: Strike!

Eric & Dylan: Heil Hitler!

Eric: 7:00am-

Dylan: Back to your house-

Eric: Load up the car-

Dylan: Your parents at work-

Eric: 8:30am-

Dylan: Back to my house, load up the car-

Eric: Your parents at work, 10:30am

Dylan: The decoy-

Eric: Two backpacks filled with pipe bombs-

Dylan: And propane tanks-

Eric: Place in an open space three miles southwest of the school-

Eric and Dylan: Kaboom!

_____

Yeah not entirely sure what that's based on.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Was there a Columbine musical at some point or was that some sort of nightmare I had once?
The latter I believe.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
myshame

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
The latter I believe.

Someone used a 21 Pilots song in a Columbinus senior thesis on youtube lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I remember one where Eric looked like an old man, there were several but I remember that it was something local.  I don't remember the name but I have the image in my head Laughing
Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 60889
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 6:00 pm

I don't get doing a musical about Columbine. I get if you want to bring awareness to what happened but doing it in a play/musical form just feels off to me.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 6:23 pm

lognifiiskurk wrote:
I don't get doing a musical about Columbine. I get if you want to bring awareness to what happened but doing it in a play/musical form just feels off to me.

I feel a play without anyone singing (straight play) would be a more tasteful thing than an actual Columbine movie.

I actually tried to imagine a Columbine movie but it was crap that I spit out that was only 2,500 words, half of which was the shooting itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related plays   Columbine related plays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine related plays
Page 1 of 1