Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pessimist

Contribution Points : 61391
Forum Reputation : 0

Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Empty
PostSubject: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 pm

The thought popped into my head earlier when I was reading about Chris Harper-Mercer and how he made a 4chan thread announcing his shooting a day before it happened. Then I thought about how past shooters have been members of this forum before such as Lanza and Stair, and it got me wondering if anyone's ever announced their plan to shoot/kill people on this forum before? Or any older incarnation of it? Even in PMs? I'm really interested, because you'd think out of all places, somewhere like this is where it'd be most likely for them to announce their big plans since it's the one community that would likely discuss it after the fact. Another question: how would you feel about it? Would you respond to their thread announcing their own mass shooting? Assuming they went through with it and were successful. I get an eerie feeling just thinking about contributing to something that a killer left behind FOR us to talk about their killing. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 am

pessimist wrote:
The thought popped into my head earlier when I was reading about Chris Harper-Mercer and how he made a 4chan thread announcing his shooting a day before it happened. Then I thought about how past shooters have been members of this forum before such as Lanza and Stair, and it got me wondering if anyone's ever announced their plan to shoot/kill people on this forum before? Or any older incarnation of it? Even in PMs? I'm really interested, because you'd think out of all places, somewhere like this is where it'd be most likely for them to announce their big plans since it's the one community that would likely discuss it after the fact. Another question: how would you feel about it? Would you respond to their thread announcing their own mass shooting? Assuming they went through with it and were successful. I get an eerie feeling just thinking about contributing to something that a killer left behind FOR us to talk about their killing. What are your thoughts?

Perhaps that is why Stair was active on the forum, he hoped that we would make him as infamous as Eric and Dylan. Its a strange feeling to come across his posts on here knowing what he did Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 am

deleted

Last edited by mordupen on Thu May 24, 2018 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:39 am

mordupen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I wouldn't count on it. He came here because he had an interest in Columbine. And I highly doubt he thought "We" would give him infamy. He thought his Account would be terminated afterwards after all.

I still think that he assumed or at least hoped he would become a topic of discussion here. Which in fact he did, just not to the degree he wanted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193633
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm

My first thought when I hear about copy cats is "stop, you're not going to be Eric and Dylan" go do something else with your time... do something positive.

If someone did post about wanting to commit a shooting I doubt anyone on the site would be like "Yea! Just remember to release your tapes to the police FIRST.. you know Basement Tapes.. grrrrr SO want to see those"

I'm researching for my short film and I watched a Nova special on Mass Shooters and there's something less scary about the way E&D are portrayed then people like Adam Lanza. The pictures they use are them looking friendly, and the rest of the shooters look deranged.

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
If someone did post about wanting to commit a shooting I doubt anyone on the site would be like "Yea! Just remember to release your tapes to the police FIRST.. you know Basement Tapes.. grrrrr SO want to see those"

Actually I truly believe that a few on here would post something along those lines! LOL
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193633
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 4:49 pm

LOL Smile

I can see that now.

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 9:23 pm

That'd be counter intuitive wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?   Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has a shooter ever made their own thread announcing their shooting?
Page 1 of 1