Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's Parents

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am

This is going to sound inconsequential but it sounds like his parents and his aunt were not at the house on 4/20. Eric and Dylan filmed some of the BT at Eric's house that morning and then I read when the family returned in the morning they smelled gas.

Did Eric leave then when he knew his parents were out for the day, did he return? Were his parents at the airport picking his aunt up? I don't know why this is bothering me...
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:04 am

I am sure he planned things for when his parents would be out. His dad was working, and his mom was out running errands.

I wonder if his dad would have stayed home sick that day if things would have changed. It seems both boys were bad at improv

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 11:17 am

True, they could have been sleeping and then off doing whatever, Dylan's dad worked from home so they really couldn't do anything at his house.

There was such a multitude of things that could have happened that morning to put a wrench in their plans.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm

I have often wondered where the Harris's were at on 4/20 as well. To come home to that shit storm would have been mind boggling.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm

Eric also left SO much out in the open, so I'm thinking of how the timeline matches up with the shootings. Eric was out of the house by 7am and Dylan was out even earlier.

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:23 am

I have often wondered if the Harris's checked Eric's room before or after Wayne called 911? Also I thought that it was kind of strange how calm Wayne Harris sounded on the 911 call. I mean I know he was a military man and all that, but if I had even a tint suspicion that my child was shooting up his school I would have been freaking out.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 8:52 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I have often wondered if the Harris's checked Eric's room before or after Wayne called 911? Also I thought that it was kind of strange how calm Wayne Harris sounded on the 911 call. I mean I know he was a military man and all that, but if I had even a tint suspicion that my child was shooting up his school I would have been freaking out.

I have a feeling they knew something was up. I think he was checking out his room right when he got home because of the smell.

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 9:02 am

Lizpuff wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

I have a feeling they knew something was up.  I think he was checking out his room right when he got home because of the smell.  

I agree that they likely knew something bad was happening. This is probably why Kathy tried to stop the police/SWAT from going into the basement. I think they had already seen the evidence that Eric had left out.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 9:16 am

Eric left crap everywhere. If the smell did not tip them off, then the butt of the gun on his bed and the sign certainly did. I can't imagine how his mom was feeling when she saw what he had left behind

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 9:19 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Eric left crap everywhere.  If the smell did not tip them off, then the butt of the gun on his bed and the sign certainly did.  I can't imagine how his mom was feeling when she saw what he had left behind

Especially since I truly believe that Eric was a big Momma's boy. She had to have been completely devastated. Sad
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Eric was the most vocal about apologizing to his parents and talking about how great they were.

Dylan's coldness towards them kind of surprised me in a way, lack of knowing him personally of course and not getting to see the tapes for myself. My assumption is he was working on being VERY detached so by then it was just an obvious thing he had to do.

I only found a few snippets in the 11K from the Harris's, am I missing something or was there only a little information?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Eric was the most vocal about apologizing to his parents and talking about how great they were.

Dylan's coldness towards them kind of surprised me in a way, lack of knowing him personally of course and not getting to see the tapes for myself. My assumption is he was working on being VERY detached so by then it was just an obvious thing he had to do.

I only found a few snippets in the 11K from the Harris's, am I missing something or was there only a little information?

There is very little on the Harris family. The depositions will be the biggest thing so far. They have not given any interviews or publically spoken about anything since 1999. And I don't expect them to open up anytime soon

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

There is very little on the Harris family.  The depositions will be the biggest thing so far.  They have not given any interviews or publically spoken about anything since 1999.  And I don't expect them to open up anytime soon

I agree, the depositions will be the only thing we will get out of the Harris family on Eric and Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Agreed. I'm not even sure the police released the interviews they did with the Klebolds. SK talks about it in the first chapter of her book.

I wonder if Eric leaving thing out, uploading plans onto the CHS server and other things wasn't just him being like "ha! you're so stupid, look what I'm doing and I'll get away with it" but also maybe a cry for help.. like is anyone going to stop me?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric's Parents  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's Parents    Eric's Parents  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's Parents
Page 1 of 1