Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In love with one of the shooters??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cemetery Jones

Contribution Points : 61430
Forum Reputation : 0

In love with one of the shooters?? Empty
PostSubject: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:42 pm

I really hope someone here can help. I'm really curious since I came across this quote.

“I don't get as much fan mail as an actor or singer would, but when I get a letter 99% of the time it's pointing out something that really had an impact. Like after 'My Own Private Rodeo' all these people wrote to me and said Dale's dad inspired them to come out. And this was when it was still illegal to be gay in Texas and a few other states. Another one that really stuck with me was this girl who survived Columbine. See, "Wings of the Dope," the episode where Luanne's boyfriend comes back as an angel, aired two weeks after the shooting. About a month after that, I got a letter from a girl who was there and hid somewhere in the school when it was all going on. She said the first thing she was gonna do if she survived was tell a friend of hers she was in love with him. She never did. He ended up being one of the kids responsible for it. So you can imagine how - you know, to her, it felt wrong to grieve almost, and she bottled it up. But she saw that episode and Buckley walking away at the end and something just let her finally break down and greive and miss the guy. I remember she quoted Luanne - 'I wonder if he's guardianing some other girl,' or something along that line, because she never had the guts to tell the kid. That really gets to people at Comic Con.”

― Mike Judge

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it true? If so it's really hit me. How sad...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:55 pm

That's been speculated on for a while!! I don't remember if this is the same letter that was on the cross or if there was a different one.

Some say it was Devon Adams. There has been a crush speculation with her for a long time, coupled of course with Dylan's 5 great loves or so...

Maybe someone can help more? I know I would like some more info if they have it.

Didn't Eric have one too? An admirer?

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:46 pm

I know this is going to drive me nuts. I'd love to know who it was and who they loved and just everything. How tragic!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 67053
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 4:36 am

I would love to know who this is about. Something in me just doesn't think it was Devon Adams, though.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 11:23 am

I think Devon was pretty vocal about her friendship with Dylan even back then. Plus she was with Zack. She didn't really have to write an anonymous letter, I agree with you Littlelo. She said she wanted to tell Dylan on prom how much his friendship meant to her. Probably for the regular reasons you'd want to do that... end of the year, Dylan is graduating plus maybe she noticed something off about him? Sad or distant? He lost a lot of weight, she may have wanted to tell her friend that he didn't have to worry, and that he was loved by her and Zack etc..

It may have been someone who worked with him in the theatre or someone who just saw him in the halls and had cursory chat with him? I think she was younger like a sophomore? I could be wrong.

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 4:21 am

I got this link via Tumblr. It could be all bs but who knows? I was kind of hoping it was Eric...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 am

If true then very sad indeed.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 am

I don't know how seriously I would take that Reddit post...
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 68253
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 3:15 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I don't know how seriously I would take that Reddit post...

Ditto. The username Lostlove_Throwaway is suspect as well.

It just sounds too good to be true.

Also, this "friend" seems to know an awful lot.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 4:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know a lot of people create throwaway accounts like that when they don't necessarily want their primary account associated with the post. But I agree, they wrote such a detailed and well-written account of the story. It reads like a novel, not like a second-hand account of something that happened years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In love with one of the shooters??   In love with one of the shooters?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In love with one of the shooters??
Page 1 of 1