Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brazil school shooting

Go down 
+5
cultofdreams
STK
Naze Warbled
1Mare1
Artus Tathgar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Artus Tathgar

Contribution Points : 60603
Forum Reputation : 0

Brazil school shooting  Empty
PostSubject: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Two dead after schoolboy attack

A teenage schoolboy has shot dead two other students at his school in Goiânia, Brazil, local media say.
The boy, thought to be 13 or 14, launched the attack at his private school after midday (14:00 GMT).
At least four students were injured and are in hospital in the city in Goiás state, central Brazil.
A police colonel is quoted as saying the boy may have been bullied and that police are investigating whether that motivated the attack.
The suspect is reportedly from an army or police family, and went home to pick up the weapon before carrying out the attack.
He is now in police custody.

A student in the suspect's class told Globo news service the boy had been "suffering bullying".
"Staff called him smelly because he did not use deodorant," the student said. "In the break between classes, he took his gun out of his backpack and started shooting.
"He did not select anyone in particular [as a target]. Then everybody ran away."
The Goyases school, for ages six to 15, is located in a middle-class district of the city.
School shootings of this kind are rare in Brazil. However the country has a high rate of violent crime with nearly 60,000 murders a year.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:21 am

Artus Tathgar wrote:

A student in the suspect's class told Globo news service the boy had been "suffering bullying".
"Staff called him smelly because he did not use deodorant," the student said. "In the break between classes, he took his gun out of his backpack and started shooting.

He wasn't even bullied. I don't empathize with this one, hygiene is something which can be controlled, and it was his own fault.
Back to top Go down
Naze Warbled

Naze Warbled

Contribution Points : 62774

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 3:21 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Artus Tathgar wrote:

He wasn't even bullied. I don't empathize with this one, hygiene is something which can be controlled, and it was his own fault.

Really? Calling someone smelly is bullying in my opinion, It can hurt someones feelings for sure.

Not every man who goes to war dies, some wind up dead
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61544

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Naze Warbled wrote:

Really? Calling someone smelly is bullying in my opinion, It can hurt someones feelings for sure.

I see what you mean, but there are things far more serious than a simple verbal insult. What would a victim of physical abuse do? There are things much worse than a comment on bad hygiene, and bear in mind he was picked on by the staff, not the students.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 4:18 pm

So this is appears to be Brazil's 4th school shooting. In 2003 there was Edmar Freitas and in 2011 there was Wellington De Olivera. Page 11 of this 2012 book, School Shootings International Research, Case Studies, and Concepts for Prevention, lists Brazil as having 3 shootings. I have not been able to find out any information on this third case, so I assume it was an extremely minor shooting, perhaps a regular shooting murder that just happened to have occurred in a school.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
cultofdreams

cultofdreams

Contribution Points : 67740

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:23 am

maybe this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:25 am

cultofdreams wrote:
maybe this? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ah... Thank you.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 3:25 am

STK wrote:
So this is appears to be Brazil's 4th school shooting. In 2003 there was Edmar Freitas and in 2011 there was Wellington De Olivera. Page 11 of this 2012 book, School Shootings International Research, Case Studies, and Concepts for Prevention, lists Brazil as having 3 shootings. I have not been able to find out any information on this third case, so I assume it was an extremely minor shooting, perhaps a regular shooting murder that just happened to have occurred in a school.
I've never heard of Edmar. Can you give some information on him?
(Also 300th post, that's cool.)
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85803
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 3:26 am

I think this thread should be in the Other Mass Shootings subforum instead...
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:57 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
I've never heard of Edmar. Can you give some information on him?
(Also 300th post, that's cool.)
There is extremely little information about this case. All that I have been able to gather was that he was reportedly bullied for being overweight since the age of 7, and he used a .38 caliber pistol. I gathered all this from a brief mention in an Indian news article (TEENAGER SHOOTS AT 8 IN SCHOOL)
and a couple of homicide related books, all of which say basically the same thing:

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
ripbr1999

ripbr1999

Contribution Points : 58789

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

Sorry to resurrect this topic. But here's some information if anyone is curious:

Shooter:
Spoiler:

Victims:
Spoiler:

The boy on left was the shooter's best friend. The one on the right, was who handed the shooter the empty deodorant, as it defies his bad scent.

Talk of the shooter with a friend on skype:
Spoiler:

One student said in an interview:
"One day he came out dressed as Hitler last year. It was an interview activity at school."

The shooter tried to kill himself. But he was prevented by the coordinator who made him change his mind until the police arrived.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Another young person tragedy, so sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 10:40 am

STK wrote:

3rd shooter was Alexandre Esteves Dos Santos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

STK wrote:

The other was Alexandre dos Santos
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Alexandre Esteves dos Santos*
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60574

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:17 pm

ripbr1999 wrote:
Sorry to resurrect this topic. But here's some information if anyone is curious:

Shooter:
Spoiler:

Victims:
Spoiler:

The boy on left was the shooter's best friend. The one on the right, was who handed the shooter the empty deodorant, as it defies his bad scent.

Spoiler:

"One day he came out dressed as Hitler last year. It was an interview activity at school."

The shooter tried to kill himself. But he was prevented by the coordinator who made him change his mind until the police arrived.

What happened to him?Was he sentenced or went to some mental institution???
Back to top Go down
ripbr1999

ripbr1999

Contribution Points : 58789

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Krieg wrote:
ripbr1999 wrote:

Shooter:
Spoiler:

Victims:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What happened to him?Was he sentenced or went to some mental institution???

In Brazil, people under 18 years are not judged as adults. So he went to a juvenile recovery center that him will stay for three years with evaluation every 6 months.
He will had left at the age of 17 with a new identity. Yes, he killed 2 people, left a paraplegic girl and only that will be his penalty. I do not speak English, I hope you understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brazil school shooting    Brazil school shooting  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brazil school shooting
Page 1 of 1