Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Missing posts or fabricated quotes?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 83242
Forum Reputation : 598

Missing posts or fabricated quotes? Empty
PostSubject: Missing posts or fabricated quotes?   Missing posts or fabricated quotes? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

I was reading through an article that came out soon after Lanza's forum posts were first covered in the media and I found references to a couple of posts that I didn't remember reading elsewhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lanza believed mass shooters were sending a message of resistance. They were declaring that they wouldn't play by society's sick rules. They were fighting back.

It goes without saying that an AK-47 and enough ammunition could do more good than a thousand 'teachers,' if one is truly interested in reforming the system...

Lanza posted that a year before walking into Sandy Hook Elementary School with a Bushmaster XM 15-E2S assault rifle. And there was this:

In short time the children will be brainwashed, pumped full of Xanax and told to conform, until they have been turned into the oppressors.

They (the children) are already dead.

I checked the compilation of posts from schoolshooters.info and neither of these are included in there. I always thought that it was pretty complete, at least in terms of what was still accessible when people started looking at the site with the knowledge that Lanza was Smiggles. I also checked another compilation of posts and it's not there either. Can anyone verify the source of these quotes?

They do sound a lot like the sorts of things that Lanza would say but why do these quotes seem to originate with this article? It was written by Matthew Lysiak, who wrote a book on Newtown. Did he find posts that no other researchers ever found? Were these posts in the police files somewhere? I always thought that they never released any of them but maybe I somehow overlooked a file somewhere? Though in that case, wouldn't the posts be on other sites? It couldn't have been overlooked by everyone.

I already had a few issues with the factual accuracy of certain details in Lysiak's book but now I'm really wondering where these posts came from and why Lysiak attributed those quotes to Lanza. It just seems extremely convenient that these posts are so directly relevant to Lysiak's claim that Lanza's attack on children was ideologically motivated.

Any information on this would be appreciated!

(Edit: Actually, just to correct myself, the quotes first seem to appear in another article written for Newsweek by Lysiak a few days prior.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Back to top Go down

Missing posts or fabricated quotes?
Page 1 of 1