Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interviewing for a new book.

Go down 
+5
Littlelo
Draw_It_White
Dingus
QuestionMark
asloversgo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
asloversgo

Contribution Points : 75683
Forum Reputation : 0

Interviewing for a new book. Empty
PostSubject: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Hey guys!

I am writing a book on Columbine that will come out on the 20th anniversary. The book will be a mix of things and I'm interviewing survivors as well but one of the things I really want to illustrate is that anyone could be Eric and Dylan. There is a process to violence and Eric and Dylan weren't born psychopaths (as some books have said). I am looking for 2 people to interview who have planned their own shooting, heavily thought about it, or identified heavily with Eric or Dylan.

This interview will be published anonymously if you want or can include your name. I will write it up, send it to my editor and you will see a copyrighted final copy. I have already interviewed another board member who has chosen to be anonymous. Thanks in advance! Also, I didn't just pop in here for this, I was a part of the original board Smile

If you are interested, please email me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with the subject "columbine" or message me here.

Ask any questions you want on this thread that might be of interest to others and I will be happy to answer them! thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:22 am

asloversgo wrote:
I am looking for 2 people to interview who have planned their own shooting, heavily thought about it, or identified heavily with Eric or Dylan.

Not to be rude or anything, but maybe you could try interviewing people who were arrested for plotting such a crime. There's no shortage of them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:51 am

No offence taken, that's a good idea. Could be difficult to contact these individuals and I worry about them wanting the fame.
Back to top Go down
Dingus

Contribution Points : 60241

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 2:07 am

Last edited by Dingus on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 3:31 am

Is this a second book project? Weren’t you assisting Randy with his?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 am

Quote :
I am looking for 2 people to interview who have planned their own shooting, heavily thought about it, or identified heavily with Eric or Dylan.

Nice try FBI agent Laughing
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 66528
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 8:19 am

Ezinar wrote:
Quote :

Haha my thoughts exactly. If you have planned a shooting isn't that already a crime by itself?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:33 am

Best I could find.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:35 am

You could try to reach out to Erik Veik, but yea, it's probably hard to get them to talk.

There are people I'd LOVE to reach out to for my film but I feel way too weird.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 9:39 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
You could try to reach out to Erik Veik, but yea, it's probably hard to get them to talk.

There are people I'd LOVE to reach out to  for my film but I feel way too weird.

This is actually the best person to talk to. But who knows if he would be willing to be interviewed today. I'm pretty sure he has been in the past though.
Back to top Go down
Lavitax

Contribution Points : 65048

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:41 am

Draw_It_White wrote:

That's what I thought. What happened with Randy Brown's book that you were helping him with a while back on hete?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:18 am

Lavitax wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

That's what I thought. What happened with Randy Brown's book that you were helping him with a while back on hete?

Randy had a couple of issues he needed to take care of which put a hold on progress. Last I heard he was still hoping to complete it. I wasn’t aware there was a second book being worked on by alg.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 am

I cannot wait to read a book by Randy Brown.

I'd be even more excited about a book by Kevin Harris but I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery than that.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 11:35 am

Randy has been documenting everything from the start, I would be extremely interested in anything he publishes.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:44 pm

asloversgo wrote:
No offence taken, that's a good idea. Could be difficult to contact these individuals and I worry about them wanting the fame.

I wouldn't worry about the fame part. Most people aren't going to know or care who these people are.

I don't know how to contact someone who's been incarcerated for such a plot though. Maybe you could phone the prison and ask if they're willing to talk?

Tuga

Contribution Points : 64467

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 3:18 pm

Some of your thoughts remind me of Hannah Arendt's Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil, namely the thesis that anyone could be Eric and Dylan. Which survivors did you manage to interview?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Lavitax wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Randy had a couple of issues he needed to take care of which put a hold on progress. Last I heard he was still hoping to complete it. I wasn’t aware there was a second book being worked on by alg.

Hopefully Randy gets everything settled. I'm eagerly awaiting to read his take on Columbine.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 pm

Randy is still working on his book. I talked to him yesterday and he's still making it a priority even though things have come up. I did help him with one section, yes.

I originally contracted with a publishing company to write a book on the psychology of columbine...I am not a psychologist but am working with a pretty famous one. We teamed up because of my columbine knowledge and experience in the mental health care field. I'm also working on my MSW degree.

Anyway, I'm losing my passion and drive for this topic so I wanted to use interviews of survivors and families to show their resiliency after 20 years. I have 6 hours recorded of interview with Randy and I have a new one from Eric V but unfortunately it's someone else's. I'm thinking maybe making it two parts because I do want to humanize Eric and Dylan, not condone but show that the massacre was a result of many factors and psychopathy is not a diagnosis that should be attached. School shootings are becoming more common and I feel its important to address both sides. Why are youth seeing this as a solution to their pain and what can be done for survivors. I LOVE what Sam Granillo was doing with the "Columbine-wounded minds" doc.

What do you guys think that would be new and exciting to read about? My thought also was that the massacre itself has been talked about over and over and I want to bring something new for the anniversary since that's the release date.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:43 pm

I would be interested to see the thoughts from people like Eric V who at one time wanted to bring harm to people or at least threatened to, later realizing it was wrong. What is the thought process and motive and how did they finally realize how wrong they were?

Any updates or insights from survivors are always interesting to me, but after all of these years I wonder how much "new" information is really out there. You would have to speak to someone who has never gone public before
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60624
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Ezinar wrote:
Quote :

Haha my thoughts exactly. If you have planned a shooting isn't that already a crime by itself?

If you really had the means and the intent then yes you could go to jail for 10 years I think
Back to top Go down
asloversgo

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:13 am

Ha! not an FBI agent. I have no idea but you'd have to prove the intent beyond the threat I'm guessing. And you'd have to be caught.
Back to top Go down
Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 60624
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am

If you really want to talk to someone that planned a shooting and actually did it and only got 6 years in prison you should talk to Chris Helms: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interviewing for a new book.   Interviewing for a new book. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interviewing for a new book.
Page 1 of 1