Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Campinas massacre

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ripbr1999

ripbr1999

Contribution Points : 59064
Forum Reputation : 0

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 5:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Shortly before midnight on December 31st 2016, a man named Sidney Araujo entered a home where a New Year's party was taking place and opened fire at the gathering with a handgun. The perpetrator killed 12 and wounded 3, shooting dead his estranged wife, his 8-year-old son, and 10 other relatives before killing himself. Although the crime is under investigation, the motive is believed to be anger over separation with his wife. A recording of Araujo was later found in his car in which he apologizes for something that would happen, without indicating specifically what it would be"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Shooter and your son

Victims:

Isamara Filier (41 years) - ex-wife of the shooter
   João Victor Filier de Araujo (8 years) - son of the shooter
   Rafael Filier (33 years) - brother of Isamara
   Liliane Ferreira Donato (44 years old) - owner of the house where the slaughter took place
   Alessandra Ferreira de Freitas (40 years) - sister of Liliane
   Antônia Dalva Ferreira de Freitas (62 years old) - mother of Liliane and Alessandra
   Abadia das Graças Ferreira (56 years) - sister of Antônia Dalva
   Paulo de Almeida (61 years) - husband of Abadia
   Ana Luzia Ferreira (52 years old) - sister of Antônia Dalva and Abadia
   Larissa Ferreira de Almeida (24 years old) - daughter of Ana
   Luzia Maia Ferreira (85 years) - mother of Antônia Dalva, Abadia and Ana, and grandmother of Liliane, Alessandra and Larissa
   Carolina de Oliveira Batista (26 years old) - her father is among the three wounded

Two teenagers hid in bathrooms and were not injured. A woman was spared by the shooter for holding the baby.

Motive:
The shooter was in a battle in court for his son's custody. His wife had said that Sidnei sexually abused her son and this was never fully proven.
Sidnei had tell that his wife "demonized him for his son" along with his relatives. That probably drove him to do what he did.
Back to top Go down

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm

I vaguely remember this one.  I have never understood how one parent could use their own children against the other parent. They were fighting each other for custody, but seriously just how much love did this man have for his son if he could kill him?  

You see stories like this all the time where one parent will hurt or murder their own kids just to spite or get back at other parent. I think that was the case here.  Sad all around.
Back to top Go down
ripbr1999

ripbr1999

Contribution Points : 59064

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeFri Dec 22, 2017 2:47 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I vaguely remember this one.  I have never understood how one parent could use their own children against the other parent. They were fighting each other for custody, but seriously just how much love did this man have for his son if he could kill him?  

You see stories like this all the time where one parent will hurt or murder their own kids just to spite or get back at other parent. I think that was the case here.  Sad all around.
The boys hiding in the bathroom said they heard the little boy ask his father "why did you kill mom?" The police later confirmed that the boy was the only one to be "executed," (i dont know if i'm using the right term in english) as Sidney put his gun barrel on the forehead of boy and fired.
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 59040

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Spencer Hight did something similiar few months ago.
Back to top Go down

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 6:05 pm

ripbr1999 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

The boys hiding in the bathroom said they heard the little boy ask his father "why did you kill mom?" The police later confirmed that the boy was the only one to be "executed," (i dont know if i'm using the right term in english) as Sidney put his gun barrel on the forehead of boy and fired.

Sad the kid had to watch his mom get killed at the hands of his own dad, then know that his dad was going to kill him as well. Heartbreaking! Sad
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86078
Forum Reputation : 340

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 6:12 am

I wonder how true the sexual abuse claims are?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86078
Forum Reputation : 340

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 7:23 am

I wish OP would come back. His posts were really good.
Back to top Go down

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 4:53 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
I wish OP would come back. His posts were really good.
Me too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campinas massacre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campinas massacre   Campinas massacre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campinas massacre
Page 1 of 1