Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

If E & D didn't die

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Eric may learn as well that his friendship with Dylan wasn't as strong as he thought? That would probably make him pretty sad and angry. I listened to Sue's to ted talk again today and she called Eric controlling and now im hindsight seems to see the issues with their friendship.

I'm kind of torn about what Sue says sometimes.
On one hand she's Dylan's Mom, so she does know more than any single one of us. On the other hand I can't help but take anything she says about Eric with a grain of salt precisely because Dylan is her son and I feel like she's still holding onto the Eric the evil mastermind manipulator extraordinaire, Dylan the depressed follower narrative despite her saying she's not.

I can agree with this.  Also I am sure that Sue herself is sometimes torn and confused about the way she feels when faced with certain facts of the case and Dylan's obvious involvement.

I can as well, I think she still thinks of it as his involvement, not as part of the whole plan. He just wanted to die and wanted to take people down with him.

When Dylan finally told her he was getting angry she backed off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 pm

If they were captured before they killed themselves and there was a trial, I wonder what evidence would be open to the public? More crime scene photos? Basement Tapes? Would the trial be covered like OJ Simpsons was? I assume we'd hear more from the Harris's.

I think the boys would try to  act like perfect gentlemen in court to be honest, I doubt there'd be shenanigans like I think TJ Lane?

Well I'm just now hearing about TJ Lane and I feel like Eric and Dylan would be totally different from how TJ acted in court. I think both Eric and Dylan would be more fearful as to what they're about to face (which would be prison time), so I think even if it were unreal, I think they would put on a display of remorse and sorrow - and then again, perhaps their display of remorse and sorrow would be real.

Also after watching A&E's 60 Days In, um, I think after their first week in prison, Dylan would commit suicide immediately and Eric, I feel it would take some emotional and mental breaking down in him but after being attacked a few times, he would join Dylan in death. I'm currently writing a fan-fiction story on what it would've been like had Eric and Dylan survived and went to court/trial and went to prison, how their time would be in prison. (if you want to call it that, although I'm not a fan)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Massoccur

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 am

I do wonder about the other outcomes, assuming that both didn't commit suicide. For instance, what would've happened if Dylan (somehow, despite everything) didn't commit suicide after Eric did, and turned himself in to police? Given Dylan's personality, is any aspect of that realistic?

View user profile Online
42099_4EVA

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:31 am

I think Dylan would have definitely went through with it and killed himself because he wanted to die from the very beginning. I think it would have been a better chance of them being caught by police right before they 'killed themselves', if that had of happened and they had gotten caught, I think that would've been the way they would've gotten caught.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
04daviszoe

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 12:50 pm

I often wonder if they had lived what the "fandom" would be like and how different it might be. I honestly think them dying added to the mystery of it and gives them more fan girls today.

Certainly it does.  Somebody dies, they're "lost forever," and some girl's wish to have "saved" them can never come true.  

Think how badly people want Nick Drake live footage to turn up, because it never happened during his lifetime that they know of.  And if they did have it it probably wouldn't really be anything special.

I'm late on this, but Pink Moon is one of my favourite albums ever I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalonsMilk

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 1:57 pm

I think Eric would actually be the first one to go. In real life, despite all of Dylan's lamentations on wanting to die, it was Eric that killed himself first and that showed a lot about both the boy's personalities.

When Eric said he was going to do something, he did it. I doubt he would have wanted to go to prison which would essentially be living in a Columbine-like world being insulted and bullied forever so he would've offed himself pretty quick. Dylan would waiver and go into depressions and then eventually I think he would top himself. Dylan was always the dreamer never the dooer, I'm pretty sure he wavered before shooting himself in the head in the library before he realised it was the safest and most sensible option for him.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 2:25 pm

I think Eric would actually be the first one to go. In real life, despite all of Dylan's lamentations on wanting to die, it was Eric that killed himself first and that showed a lot about both the boy's personalities.

When Eric said he was going to do something, he did it. I doubt he would have wanted to go to prison which would essentially be living in a Columbine-like world being insulted and bullied forever so he would've offed himself pretty quick. Dylan would waiver and go into depressions and then eventually I think he would top himself. Dylan was always the dreamer never the dooer, I'm pretty sure he wavered before shooting himself in the head in the library before he realised it was the safest and most sensible option for him.

Just my thoughts.

You make some good points.

Just makes me think what a terrifying, short time it must have been for Dylan in between his and Eric's suicides. Nothing could have prepared him for that. Seeing his best friend shoot himself. Realizing in that brief moment, he was all alone. There was no going back.

That's actually one of the scariest things to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 2:39 pm

Just my thoughts.

Just makes me think what a terrifying, short time it must have been for Dylan in between his and Eric's suicides. Nothing could have prepared him for that. Seeing his best friend shoot himself. Realizing in that brief moment, he was all alone. There was no going back.

By then their lives were so intertwined too. Suddenly they didn’t even have each other
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 3:00 pm

Just my thoughts.

By then their lives were so intertwined too. Suddenly they didn’t even have each other

It's so tragic. So sad thinking of how unnecessary every death was that day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 5:53 pm

Just my thoughts.

I get the feeling that Dylan was nervous about dying. Like he wasn't sure if it was the right choice or not.

View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 9:16 pm

Just my thoughts.

I get the feeling that Dylan was nervous about dying. Like he wasn't sure if it was the right choice or not.

Despite all of Eric's bravado he may have even been more suicidal than Dylan. He wasn't afraid, Dylan was.. I think Dylan had hope for a while that things could change, they didn't and he got someone who would do NBK with him. I still think it has to fuck with his friend and families heads that the boys not only were willing to kill together but die together... think about the people you would actually DIE for and with..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spinvault

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 10:26 pm

Just my thoughts.

Despite all of Eric's bravado he may have even been more suicidal than Dylan. He wasn't afraid, Dylan was.. I think Dylan had hope for a while that things could change, they didn't and he got someone who would do NBK with him. I still think it has to fuck with his friend and families heads that the boys not only were willing to kill together but die together... think about the people you would actually DIE for and with..
This is a major factor in my interest in Columbine - not only did Eric and Dylan want to cause others to die, but agreed to also die during NBK. That is so unusual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Yesterday at 10:52 pm

Just my thoughts.

This is a major factor in my interest in Columbine - not only did Eric and Dylan want to cause others to die, but agreed to also die during NBK. That is so unusual.

It's been one of mine too. I have been interested since day one, granted (I know I am repeating myself) I did take about 10/15 years off from research, with the occasional check in but yea, their friendship is fascinating to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: If E & D didn't die    Today at 12:35 am

Despite all of Eric's bravado he may have even been more suicidal than Dylan. 

In a certain sense I think that this was part of his bravado, in the sense that he wasn't scared to die.

View user profile

If E & D didn't die
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: