Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Empty
PostSubject: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 3:50 pm

I’m just going through A Mother’s Reckoning.

I’ve never read through the book in its entirety, and am currently rectifying this.

However, I noticed that throughout the book (so far, i’m part way through the second half of the book) - Sue refers to the two of them as ‘Dylan and Eric’. Understandable of course, she was Dylan’s mother but for whatever reason, I (and most of us) usually refer to the two of them as ‘Eric and Dylan’.

The one time I have picked up on so far where she herself refers to them as ‘Eric and Dylan’ was in the passage she writes about when she went into the library to see where they died.

I stand to be corrected here and she possibly does refer to them on numerous occasions as ‘Eric and Dylan’ and I just didn’t pick up on it - but since that chapter, it’s always been ‘Dylan and Eric’.

Any thoughts on why this might be? Just an inconsistency error perhaps? I dunno. Like I say, maybe she has referred to them the other way round - I haven’t gone back through to check but it was putting me off my reading thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm

I think it's just an inconsistency, nothing more.

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm

I'm not quite sure why almost everyone does say Eric and Dylan. scratch

For me it just seems to roll off the tongue better, so that's the way I say it.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193257
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 9:31 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

It's always been Eric and Dylan for me. I often assumed because people were going for "leader and follower" Eric first, Dylan second.

It could have been a slip up or it may have very well have been her thinking of the library as this place where Eric forced her child to commit horrible acts and she had to reverse the names?
Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60165
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Same reason for me, no actual deep reasoning, just Eric and Dylan sounds better than Dylan and Eric to me, I suspect thats the majority of the reason for most people.
Back to top Go down
Toby1991N

Toby1991N

Contribution Points : 62307
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 2:29 am

Maybe people say Eric and Dylan because Eric was older.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.   The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The police led us to the place where Eric and Dylan shot themselves.
Page 1 of 1