Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 
 

 Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

avatar

Posts : 63
Contribution Points : 11142
Join date : 2018-02-15
Location : United States

PostSubject: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Brown family explained when they saw the tapes, Eric was showing off his arsenal and Dylan said, "My Uncle is going to be very upset." Due to some Jewish holiday. And Eric looked at him with a sinister look, "You're Jewish?" Dylan then started probably lying like saying, "Only a half, no like a fourth." Then it seemed Dylan was like could Eric turn on me? It was very weird and quick they described it.

What do you guys think? Do you guys think Eric pushed it off or was really starting question Dylan and what he was?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator


Posts : 3599
Contribution Points : 57158
Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:57 pm

I don't think Eric cared. Dylan was his best friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think Eric cared. Dylan was his best friend.

I think he did care at least a little, but decided not to make it a problem because that would mean losing his partner.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:48 am

In my opinion I honestly don't think Eric cared in the least.

Also this is just one of the many reasons why I WANT to see the basement tapes! I want to see this conversation and see what Eric's & Dylan's facial expressions and body language was like.

I want to be able to judge for myself if there was any hostility in Eric, or if Dylan was frightened that he had let it slip.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 3883
Contribution Points : 57541
Join date : 2017-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 am

Exactly, we don’t have an unbiased opinion on it.

The sorry could have been in earnest like “you have to do what on Passover, sucks man!” Didn’t he have to recite something?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalonsMilk

avatar

Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 8283
Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 pm

I think it was probably the fact that Dylan had been ragging on Jewish people - the Hitler stuff, Nazism etc - he probably said a lot of horrible things about every race and religion to Eric and then suddenly said he was one of them (if related somehow), If I was Eric I would probably have looked a bit, like 'why the hell are you trash talking about the Jewish religion and you're part Jewish yourself'

Probably the reason at that point Dylan tried to distance himself from the religion by saying 'yeah, well one fourth' etc. Doesn't anybody else remember posturing when you're a teenager and then being caught out in a lie or a half truth, it's embarrassing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wumselito

avatar

Posts : 27
Contribution Points : 13649
Join date : 2017-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:18 am

I'm 99% sure they didn't actually believe in Nazi ideologies and were just being edgy teenagers with that Heil Hitler shit, it seems like more of a role-play to me. So I don't think he actually, deeply cared on a personal level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm 99% sure they didn't actually believe in Nazi ideologies and were just being edgy teenagers with that Heil Hitler shit, it seems like more of a role-play to me. So I don't think he actually, deeply cared on a personal level.

I agree.

I think Eric was mainly just impressed that Hitler had the balls to even attempt the crazy things he thought about. I feel that he admired the dedication to the cause more then the actual cause.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 2433
Contribution Points : 28987
Join date : 2017-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think Eric was mainly just impressed that Hitler had the balls to even attempt the crazy things he thought about.

Or he was impressed with the amount of people Hitler killed.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think Eric was mainly just impressed that Hitler had the balls to even attempt the crazy things he thought about.

Or he was impressed with the amount of people Hitler killed.

Possibly that as well.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1Mare1

avatar

Posts : 391
Contribution Points : 10342
Join date : 2017-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


I agree.

I think Eric was mainly just impressed that Hitler had the balls to even attempt the crazy things he thought about. I feel that he admired the dedication to the cause more then the actual cause.  

Perhaps he admired him for his worldwide notoriety, on top of that Eric's top priority was edginess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor
avatar

Posts : 5500
Contribution Points : 58424
Join date : 2017-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


I agree.

I think Eric was mainly just impressed that Hitler had the balls to even attempt the crazy things he thought about. I feel that he admired the dedication to the cause more then the actual cause.  

Perhaps he admired him for his worldwide notoriety, on top of that Eric's top priority was edginess.

That is very likely, also the fact that Hitler had tricked/brainwashed/forced so many people into following him.

Eric wanted to be in charge of something. I think he felt his own life was being commanded by others, his parents, society, etc.  So anything depicting the type of ABSOLUTE control that he wanted would have appealed to him.

I also think this is why Eric threw himself so fully into NBK. Dylan may have came up with the original idea, but it's clear Eric did most everything with the planning. He probably felt like he was in control of something for once.

_________________
Life asked Death, "Why do people love me, but hate you?"  Death responded, "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth."

                                                                                                                                                                                      -Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sscc
Top 10 Contributor


Posts : 1196
Contribution Points : 28618
Join date : 2016-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?   Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:07 am

Hitler's vision was also based on having a society where everyone was a perfect physical and mental specimen of Aryan fitness.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is probably where Eric's rants about getting rid of the stupid, fat, retarded, crippled and otherwise "unfit to live" people comes from, along with his "take off all the warning labels" idea. I don't think that it was racial in Eric's mind but I think he respected the Nazi eugenics program which was also about cleansing the German Aryan gene pool of "defects" other than than being Jewish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Could Eric have turned on Dylan for being Jewish?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Life Turned Upside Down [R] (angelholly)
» Vera Verto
» Erik's scene in class
» Metal Love (M)
» List of things that haven't been turned into Pokemon

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: