Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interesting reddit post on George Hennard

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rabadon55

rabadon55

Contribution Points : 58765
Forum Reputation : 0

Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Empty
PostSubject: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
This is my first post to this subreddit, using a throw away account. I've only told a few people in my life this story. I really didn't understand it as a child.

I was 12 years old when this happened. I was in fifth grade, my childhood was kinda crazy though and was held back a year from all the moving around so in 5th grade. We had just moved to a small town in Texas from Dallas where my mom's most recent marriage has failed. I was not used to small towns and pretty gullible for my age. We moved into a small little house, almost a little shack. But it was in the older part of the town. I'm not sure if all states have neighborhoods like this, but in Texas the historical districts of smaller towns are odd in that they originally built very large, very nice houses right next to small crappy ones. The old nice ones seem to mostly remain nicely restored where the smaller ones fall into disrepair so you have these strange neighborhoods where one block is full of very well to do people in nice old homes driving luxury cars right next to a block that feels like 3rd world ghetto. I lived on the ghetto block.

My school was about 4 blocks away, the bus wouldn't even pick you up so close and my mom didn't own a car. So I walked to school and walked by this house everyday. Even here it stood out. Huge two story home, red brick, large white columned porch. The yard was immaculate. It looked like someone wealthy must live there, and being so poor that was impressive to me. I had also heard stories about the owner. He would yell at kids and throw rocks, spray the water hose at anyone who tried to cut across his yard, it was a large corner lot. And he always seemed to be outside on my way to and from school. But never said anything to me at first so never gave it much thought.

I had been walking by for about a month before he ever said anything to me. I should say here that even though I was only 12 I was tall for my age and developing early. I also really dressed inappropriately. Not really on purpose, but I was growing, we were poor and my clothes fit poorly and Texas was very, very hot without air conditioning at home. So I wore as little as possible. I was not completely stupid though and didn't mind the attention from teenage guys. I really didn't have any friends as we moved so often.

About a month after walking by he talked to me for the first time. Just said "hi, sure is hot out here" or something along those lines. I just agreed with him and said I was dying I was so hot and he offered me a soda. I don't know why I agreed, I guess I just really did want a soda and he brought me over an unopened one. After this he would talk to me everyday. Not long conversations, just about the weather, school, where I was from ect. He looked a little creepy honestly. Always wore a cap. Had that look that people get from working outside all their lives coupled with probably chain smoking and poor diet. But his house was so nice for some reason I decided he must be a nice person too.

After a month of passing by and short small talk he mentioned he had a pool and if I wanted to see it. It was late May now and that sounded good to me as he had seemed trusting and again, I was really stupid. He brought me through the house and I checked out the pool. I has never seen someone who had a pool at their home. It seemed unbelievable. He said I could swim any time I wanted. Then for the first time, looked at me and it's like his whole demeanor changed and said "I'd love to see those tits and that ass, damn, we don't wear clothes here"

Honestly it wasn't even the words. It was the way he said it. The immediate change in demeanor. The tone of voice. I felt I was in serious danger but had no idea what to do. He then grabbed at my shorts as if he was going to pull them down. And I started crying. It's like he zoomed back to reality, laughed. And stepped away and said "well anytime you want, you better get going" and I left through the gate. I never told anyone and started walking another way to school until summer started. Next school year I thankfully never saw him outside his house.

Then the second month after school started I hear from my mom a crazy story. He had driven his truck into a Lubys in a close by town. He shot 48 people that day. 24 died. He killed himself. Also apparently he was stalking two of my neighbors. I still don't know how to process all this info. It creeps the hell out of me to this day. I've posted a link to some of the info below.

Discovered it while ago and I decided to share it here. Good read.
Back to top Go down
D-FENS1993

D-FENS1993

Contribution Points : 58831

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 9:05 am

Good to hear something new about Hennard

STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 1:01 pm

Here's something Hennard related I found on nosleep. I'm not sure if it's true or not:

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 1:36 pm

Well, it's the same link I delivered in first post. Maybe you pasted bad link?
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Oh shit, wrong link. I meant this one:

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
rabadon55

rabadon55

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Nice, good post. But I'm not 100% sure it's a legit story, I mean it lacks of details. Things like he stalked those two female neighbours, send them a letter, that he was living in a mansion, it's commonly known facts. But even if it was fake (like most things on r/nosleep) based on real shooting, it was still entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Justjenna

Contribution Points : 67090
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Holy shit, I'm from Killeen . Crazy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting reddit post on George Hennard   Interesting reddit post on George Hennard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting reddit post on George Hennard
Page 1 of 1