Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E/D Disappointed in NBK

Go down 
+2
04daviszoe
ChaotixBoy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaotixBoy

ChaotixBoy

Contribution Points : 65817
Forum Reputation : 0

E/D Disappointed in NBK Empty
PostSubject: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 pm

I'm also certain of this but I feel like Eric & Dylan died very disappointed since their original bombing plan failed miserably. Do you guys think they killed themselves happy with what they did or really pissed off that their kill count wasn't larger?
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

Contribution Points : 79120
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Yes and no. I'd say ultimately deep down, their 'big plan' had failed massively. However, I do believe Plan B would be just to go in CHS all guns blazing.

I think if they had been satisfied with what they had done, they wouldn't have bothered going back into the cafeteria and attempt getting their bombs to detonate.

So yes, disappointed no doubt, particularly for Eric. I could speculate him feeling embarrassment with all he had previously written online and in his journal and also in the videos with Dylan proclaiming how they wanted to kill hundreds of people, was now left unfulfilled.

Dylan on the other hand, I would say was more satisfied. I believe in his mind, he and Eric had actually done SOMETHING.

It's hard not to notice how different Eric and Dylan treated NBK when it actually happened. I feel like when Dylan is described as laughing and sounding like he was at a party; it's pretty obvious to me he was enjoying it. I'm not saying Eric was wasn't, before he was injured from the recoil from his gun, he was more engaging with the victims, shouting and taunting.

Many people have said Eric was 'snapped back into reality' after this, and I can't help but agree. Perhaps Dylan was still 'on a high' to be thinking about the bombs.

I would say Eric definitely could have been feeling quite helpless about it all. After all, what's done was done, as soon as they started, there was no going back..
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:41 pm

Considering how their plans to kill hundreds had failed, I'd say yeah, they were pretty disappointed. I think it was a big part of why they didn't kill more people; they felt that there was no pint since they failed in their initial goal. After the car bombs failed to go off that's when they decided it was time to check out, so to speak.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 pm

I have a thought on Dylan in the library but it’s contingent on two things. One- If Lisa is correct and she did hear one of the boys say : are you still with me? 2. She heard it before the boys first came into the library which I don’t think she did but I have to read her statement again.

As far as I know when Dylan first started to shoot he was mostly yelling about wanting to die and he really wasn’t making any kind of scene , I could be wrong. When he went to library he started to act like it was almost a movie. I am sometimes wondering if he was trying to put on a show for Eric?

Reading through their journals and planners and kind of just piecing everything together I sometimes get the vibe that Eric was very tactical and Dylan was almost treating it like it was a student film ...what should he wear , he wants his gun to look coolc he doesn’t want to be fat.

So I imagine when the bombs didn’t go off Eric was very disappointing because those were his pride and joy but I think Dylan just wanted to torment people , scare them and if he could do that he was fine with or without the bombs.

anna444 dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
So I imagine when the bombs didn’t go off Eric was very disappointing because those were his pride and joy but I think Dylan just wanted to torment people , scare them and if he could do that he was fine with or without the bombs.

And not only that, but to end his own life as well. Whether the bombs worked or not didn't really matter to Dylan because either way it was his ticket to a few brief moments of power and a dramatic way to clock out from life.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

And not only that, but to end his own life as well. Whether the bombs worked or not didn't really matter to Dylan because either way it was his ticket to a few brief moments of power and a dramatic way to clock out from life.

Yes, I agree. Dylan wanted to die regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Yes, I agree. Dylan wanted to die regardless.
And he also wanted to kill people on this way out, his sole motivation wasn't to "die".
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 67616
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 3:50 pm

I wonder if they ever had the thought of "what the hell I was doing".

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Love wrote:
I wonder if they ever had the thought of "what the hell I was doing".

One would think that question did cross their mind at some point that day before they committed suicide.
Back to top Go down
Klicky

Klicky

Contribution Points : 56718
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 pm

I feel like Eric was probably much more disapointed than Dylan when it came to the failure of the original plan. You know Eric fancied himself a bombmaker, he thought that the two bomb are going to do so much damage (Even if they had exploded I have serious doubts they would do any significant damage to the building and I would go as far to say that there would not be that many fatalities either if any at all). Dylan on the other hand from what we heard was having a time of his life or was pretending to have, still I feel like Dylan got a better deal, he did not probably care that much about how many people they are going to kill as long as he takes some people out and then gets to kill himself.

You can even see the disaponitment in Eric in cafateria cameras. When Dylan succeedes in detonating the fueltanks around the propane bomb they seem to run away as if they are expecting the thing to go off. 10 minutes later they come back and there is that infamous/famous Picture of Eric staring at the bomb and Dylan walking by with is Tec. The flames that were supposed to detonate the propane tank were put out by sprinklers (The propane tank would likely not blow even if the flame wasnt put out) and Eric is just standing there with his shoulders low, hunched forward. Just from this posture you can see his defeatist/Dissapointed body language, probably mixed in with some exhaustion and confusion from the broken nose.

All of this is some 10 minutes before they commited suicides, it would not surprise me if this was the time they decided to end it. They were runing low on ammo to their 9mm weapons, their shotguns would be of no use for long range exchanges with police, most of the school was evacuated, the rest hidden some behind locked doors some scattered around the various school rooms, SWAT from their point of view could enter any time and their main objective - to detonate the bombs, both in the school and in their cars has failed - in case of the bombs in cafateria it has actually failed 3 times, first the detonator has failed, than the bombs did not explode after Eric tries to hit it repeatedly from his carbine and ultimetaly they had not exploded even after Dylan managed to ignite the fuel tanks which were supposed to detonate the propena tanks. This demonstrated to Eric that there was no way in hell they will get the bombs to explode and that his whole design was flawed from the get go since the first stage of bomb was unable to trigger the scond stage (propane tanks).

So I think it is no coincidence that they commited suicides right after they had found out they are not going to blow the school up. They would have their last futile standoff with the police and then end it. I also think that disapointment was reason Eric shot himself first in the way he did. You look at way Dylan shots himself, he doesnt go the messy way, he takes Tec, he supposedly takes down his jewelry (Except for ring apparently) and kills himself while on his knees by shot to the temple. As if it is execution, seemingly taking his time. Eric on the other hand sits down with his back leaned against  bookshelf shoots himslef into the mounth with the shotgun, blowing the top of his head off. I dont know maybe its just me but the way he kills himself seems like he was really disapointed in himself. He could have borrowed Dylans Tec to do the job or use his own Carbine instead of shotgun, he could have died while having a shootout with police, but no, he just sits down at the lonely corner of library and goes alone supposedly before Dylan does. Which again, one would expect if they were in for it together they would go out together, or that Dylan who actually was talking about killing himself and looking forward to it for past 2 years or so would be the first one to do it, but no its Eric.
Back to top Go down
Klicky

Klicky

Contribution Points : 56718
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Not to mention his "excellent" Crickets and various batches of pipe bombs (Which had various efficiency according to Eric and were named according to NATO alphabet - or so did Eric thought but he called batch B BETA instead of BRAVO -) All sucked ass and did not do jack except for whole lot of noise..

PostSubject: Re: E/D Disappointed in NBK   E/D Disappointed in NBK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E/D Disappointed in NBK
Page 1 of 1