Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

If Columbine never happened

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MattU

Contribution Points : 2931

PostSubject: If Columbine never happened   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:07 am

Where do you think Eric and Dylan would be now if Columbine never happened? Would they still know each other? Would they have committed other crimes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jea
Top Contributor

Contribution Points : 4785

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine never happened   Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:42 am

Dylan probably would be already dead, because I believe his suicidal nature was stronger than his wiling to live.
But Eric, I think he could have pretty ordinary life. He was born and raised in military family so mby he could continue military dynasty.

View user profile
Ivan
Miscellaneous Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 53501

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine never happened   Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

Doubt they'd even know each other. By now you'd have to think someone would've found them appealing and they'd have a family of their own to worry and care about which would make time for each other near impossible.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 16219

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine never happened   Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:29 pm

It's a good question really. They had quite a few issues that drove them to mass murder, but if they ended up not doing it then I think they would try to live normal lives. Maybe they would attempt suicide though.

View user profile
TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 21445

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine never happened   Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:40 pm

I think they would have lived normal lives.
Eric would have grown out of his anger and Dylan would have grown out of his depression.
I don't think they would have kept in touch.
I also don't think Eric would have gone for a military career. He told his friends he didn't believe he would be going into the armed forces. He was rejected into the marines and lacked the physical and mental requirements for the army. By the time he would have gotten the call back after 9/11 he would have probably already gone for computer science, just like Dylan.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pho3nix

Contribution Points : 5043

PostSubject: Re: If Columbine never happened   Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Both of them would have been in and out of relationships. I think if they split up and went to different colleges, Eric would have still been annoyed by how vapid and stupid people are so his anger I think would have remained. Dylan would possibly still feel left out even if he (very likely) found himself a solid group of friends, and I could see him having a girlfriend but still not feeling fulfilled. Eric's first girlfriend would be his "life", and not in a good way IMO. He'd be very obsessive and possessive of her, and it'd end badly. One or both (probably Dylan) would use alcohol to cope. I think around maybe late 20s they might chill out and start to have more average lives, but their early-mid 20s would probably be chaotic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

If Columbine never happened
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: