Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?

Go down 
+12
qwertyu
Lavitax
Ligeya
ThoughtBox
LPorter101
lol
Nirvana92
sororityalpha
Dunkelziffer
areyoulistening
em81
16 posters
AuthorMessage
em81

Contribution Points : 101274
Forum Reputation : 3

Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you know this?

I cannot believe what I read. Ok, first I had to translate because I don´t understand Dutch.

1. Dylan betrayed Eric. He was not interested in the massacre. Reason: Marla Foust

Please prove! How could he?

2. Eric would not die this morning, but there was no way out.

What?

3. Eric was not a psychpath because he could not shoot at humans.

And he did. And he didn´t care for anyone.

4. Last but not least: Main reason for columbine was Dylans desire to be united with Marla Foust. And Marla was in love with Dylan, too.

Either there are mistakes in my translation or I consumed too much drugs at an early age . What do you think? Anything true? Or many bullshit like Cullens Columbine?
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101847
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Krabbe is normally the one that makes the most sense, your translation must be wrong.

That and many, many drugs.

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Ok, maybe I translate in English not German.

Did not think that a few joints made this Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:43 pm

English translate:

Tim Krabbe (68) has written a very thick book for his actions. It is not a fictional story, such as "The Golden Egg" or "The
rider '. Four years Krabbe to the smallest details the infamous
shootings at Columbine High School in Colorado studied.

On April 20, 1999 stormed the students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold enter the school. They killed twelve students and a teacher, and she committed suicide.

It was not the first shooting at an American school, but Columbine put a trend. Almost all perpetrators of subsequent school shootings referred to Columbine. It has become a moment of great historical importance. As Krabbe writes in 'We are but we are not crazy': "And now hear Columbine, along with Pearl Harbor, the Kennedy assassination, the Oklahoma City bombing and 9/11, the major schofferingen America who are affected."

- But a thorough and comprehensive book was not there?
Tim Krabbé, in his apartment, nineteen high in Amsterdam: It sounds bizarre that a Dutch writer is the first to write a decent book on here, which is really the case studied, but it is so. The book in America is considered the standard work is full of factual errors. And analysis there totally wrong. The author has carried along by an FBI psychologist who made a very simplistic analysis: the perpetrators were a psychopath and a depression mortal. And that explained everything. It is insane that Americans settle for that book.''

- Why this fascination?
,, Back in 1999, I have a bit of the event notification
adopted. All had immediately been something strange. The shooting was not born out of necessity, but out of an idea, and that's creepy course.
Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold came from wealthy families. Children who had everything. Later I saw the film of Michael Moore, "Bowling for Columbine". Then went I noticed the first things I found strange. Moore I assumed they had played before the shooting, bowling and I thought a bit strange. That was not so. Later there was a Korean boy holding a shooting at a school havoc and Eric and Dylan are heroes and examples mentioned. I'm downloading something go and look. From that moment I was 'hooked'.''

- If it was a book?
,, Available shortly thereafter. I discovered very bizarre things. That it should have been, no shooting but that they had been able to commit to the school where hundreds of deaths were falling. Bombing plan What I discovered: that they had made that they were planning this for months'' allusions.

Krabbe fired all the information is available on the Internet. All reports, journals, testimonials can be found here. Together more than 26,000 pages. That information he has meticulously report, almost
from second to second, managed to establish the facts. on Harris and Klebold calls within the school with bombs. That did not go off. Which they decided to use their hands. Weapons Chapter 2 of 'We are but we are not crazy' covers twenty pages. The shivers down the reader on the back of this senseless, random, satanic violence. Pupils students shoot.

, An attempt to come. Close as possible to reality On the basis of only facts. I knew from the thousands of pages to create what was said. During the shooting an overview All witnesses said something else. Those witnesses were children in total panic. You can not complain that they heard different things. As an accountant, I have everything put next to each other to be able to determine what was indisputable.''

,, I want to add one calendarium of the last days, but it has become the calendarium the moment Dylan and Eric met until they did, six years later. Where I am right as little as possible occurred. I make no judgments.''

- A bomb plans and then switch to shooting. That's quite a difference.
,, The bombs did not work. In their eyes, the plan was thus actually failed. What I have discovered is that Dylan Klebold Eric Harris cheated. The whole shooting Dylan was interested not so much. He wanted to unite in a kind of blissful afterlife with the girl Marla Foust. Eric Harris wanted to destroy the world, or at least blow up the whole school. Although my theory is that he really did not want that morning. He did not want to die. But there was no turning back.''

- From what a fairly anonymous attack should have been, were the individual murders.
'They had to improvise, but they walked around a bit by the school. But they were now not so deep that they could murder dropped. People they knew Everyone something like a conversation arose, was left completely untouched. Take Bree Pasqaule, her story still walk me shudder. She has seen how Eric children killed, he comes to her. They'm sure they will die. But it comes to a conversation, it creates human contact. He teases her, he asks if she wants to die. No, they always repeat. He eventually not shoot her. There was also a cowardly aspect. They could not shoot people with whom they came to be.'' Eye to eye

Tim Krabbé has been careful, he says to use. Psychological terms ,, That's pseudo-insight. Be careful with terms like psychopath. Take Anders Breivik, the Norwegian gunman. You can, if you so someone will analyze affix a label and then he suddenly not guilty anymore. Then the label guilty. I've been browsing in Breivik's manifesto. Breivik is a totally lucid person. That's not crazy. Dylan Klebold at Columbine was pretty crazy. But that was later. Before the shooting, no one had the idea that he or Eric Harris were crazy. It seemed grossly normal boys. That is creepy.''

- Eric played a lot of the computer game Doom.
, Doom also played a role. But much less than is supposed. I have extensive scientific considerations read why now avoid games like Doom that kind of violence in reality. Doom has had much less impact than the movie 'Natural Born Killers', which was a pure glorification of violence. If satire perhaps, but a glorification remained. It is true that Eric is going to say that he was shooting at monsters from Doom. That says a lot
About Eric: he was aware that he was shooting at people and that he just could not. A psychopath has no such problem.
In Breivik's nothing here about the suffering he went havoc. He wanted to save Norway by shooting. Norwegian children dead Which would you, although it does not interest me, a psychopath can call. But Eric Harris is constantly struggling.'' With that problem

, That they really have done, it remains for me the biggest mystery. You're sitting in front of a child and the shoots. Then you have to make it a doll in a video game the step. In this way, Doom did play a role.''

- A completely different book than what most of the readers of Tim Krabbé know.
,, I guess you could say, but a certain interest in the dark side of the human spirit is very strong here and that you find in many of my other books. But not in 'The Rider' for example. I've always been a writer who does not ever wrote a kind of book. I also chess books written with the same obsession and ability to complete.''

,, One of the fascinating surprises for me was that my theme, two
lovers unite in death, here was a big role to play. Something I absolutely did not know when I started. How important it was for Dylan Klebold, is only gradually revealed me. His desire to unite with Marla Foust was perhaps the main reason is that 'Columbine' happened. She later became a famous model. And she had also been secretly in love with Dylan.''

Maybe my translation-source is totally wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:29 pm

The translation is essentially correct. However, the reasoning behind the statements is missing. I have posted translated excerpts in the Krabbe-thread that show a glimpse of how he reached this conclusion. I do think there is something to his theories. I know the statements sound awfully jarring when phrased like this as stand-alones, but the context made enough sense to me when I first read it. (I am on my phone at the moment, so I can't link you to the thread or type a really detailed explanation why..)

I have said before that Krabbe's Dylan is a much, much darker Dylan than most other materials on Columbine show. His Dylan is the more callous, the more truly disturbed of the two, and he makes a very convincing case. His Eric, in comparison, has lost none of the rage but is infinitely more humanised than many English-language sources on the case claim. (By the way, the statement on Marla Foust is ripped from its context. Krabbe argues she is who Dylan meant with the poem, but later designs Dylan's girl to be more of a figure/symbol of an ideal. He speaks of The Girl in these instances.)
Back to top Go down
em81

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Thanks for your answer. I think they both were disturbed. Enough to act like this.

Back to top Go down
Dunkelziffer

Contribution Points : 98860

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 am

bump.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 11:45 am

Direct link to Tim Krabbe's Book:

Last edited by sororityalpha on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 12:03 am

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't feel like digging at the moment, but wasnt the anagram poem made a couple years before Marla Faust started going to Columbine? Her name does fit but I don't think the timeline adds up correctly.
Back to top Go down
lol

Contribution Points : 102797
Forum Reputation : 325

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 1:00 am

Nirvana92 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong cause I don't feel like digging at the moment, but wasnt the anagram poem made a couple years before Marla Faust started going to Columbine? Her name does fit but I don't think the timeline adds up correctly.
No. The poem was made around Dylan's junior-senior year. Marla was two grades below Dylan. When she entered Columbine in '97-'98 she was a freshman, and Dylan was a junior.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150666
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 2:34 am

Krabbé was on the old board for a short time. I wrote him a long welcome PM, but he never said boo to me.

(Then again, the Dutch are known for being somewhat Crabby - they're not into the whole politeness thing.)

Contribution Points : 79431

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 10:40 am

Too bad Krabbe's book is translated via Google translate though.
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 11:38 am

Once again comes my yearly Xmas wish to actually have a good and proper English-language version of Krabbe's book.... Rolling Eyes

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42449
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Sorry for bringing up old thread, but i wanted to ask if english translation of this book is available?
Unfortunately i only read Google translate version, and it's not perfect, to put it politely.
I still read it, though, after incredibly positive reviews from other researchers, and while it's a good book, some moments near the end were really... Surprising.
This author has a pretty strange version of Eric in his head, and incredibly dark Dylan. He pushed the idea of Dylan silently resenting Eric and even writing similar to Eric character in his infamous killing essay. And this whole thing with Dylan loving Marla Faust and Marla Faust loving Dylan back would've make very young tumblerina roll her eyes.
But despite it, still very good book.
Back to top Go down
Lavitax

Contribution Points : 65048

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Ligeya wrote:
Sorry for bringing up old thread, but i wanted to ask if english translation of this book is available?
Unfortunately i only read Google translate version, and it's not perfect, to put it politely.
I still read it, though, after incredibly positive reviews from other researchers, and while it's a good book, some moments near the end were really... Surprising.
This author has a pretty strange version of Eric in his head, and incredibly dark Dylan. He pushed the idea of Dylan silently resenting Eric and even writing similar to Eric character in his infamous killing essay. And this whole thing with Dylan loving Marla Faust and Marla Faust loving Dylan back would've make very young tumblerina roll her eyes.
But despite it, still very good book.

Unfortunately, there is no English translation to date. A few Dutch folks have translated sections of it. Still waiting but this many years on, I’m not holding my breath. lol

Ligeya likes this post

Back to top Go down
qwertyu

Contribution Points : 36781

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2020 8:37 pm

I've been slowly working on an English translation of the book for research purposes. Very unfortunate that there's no official translation because the book is very interesting.

Ligeya likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ligeya

Contribution Points : 42449
Forum Reputation : 53

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 2:19 pm

qwertyu wrote:
I've been slowly working on an English translation of the book for research purposes. Very unfortunate that there's no official translation because the book is very interesting.

Oh, it's a great news. I hope some day I'll be able to read it. I don' t agree with some of his theories, but it's very well researched and well written book.
Back to top Go down
thelmar

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82782
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Ligeya wrote:
qwertyu wrote:

Oh, it's a great news. I hope some day I'll be able to read it. I don' t agree with some of his theories, but it's very well researched and well written book.

I would very much like to read it when you're through. I've read parts of it but just could not get through the entire Google translate version of it- it makes for a really painful read trying to decipher what the hell the translated phrase is supposed to mean!
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80522
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2020 3:45 pm

A better translation would be nice.

em81 wrote:

Do you know this?

I cannot believe what I read. Ok, first I had to translate because I don´t understand Dutch.

1. Dylan betrayed Eric. He was not interested in the massacre. Reason: Marla Foust

Please prove! How could he?

2. Eric would not die this morning, but there was no way out.

What?

3. Eric was not a psychpath because he could not shoot at humans.

And he did. And he didn´t care for anyone.

4. Last but not least: Main reason for columbine was Dylans desire to be united with Marla Foust. And Marla was in love with Dylan, too.

Either there are mistakes in my translation or I consumed too much drugs at an early age . What do you think? Anything true? Or many bullshit like Cullens Columbine?
Such an old thread but feel like I could almost answer some of these.

Dylan had a ten-letter acrostic poem to at least one of the girls he was fantasizing about. The letters and keywords are redacted, but the rest is left to where one could potentially infer who it is. Marla Foust has a ten letter name and was in the Trench Coat Mafia. I don't think Krabbe's reasoning went any deeper. Erin Boortz seems much more likely. For example surely "Z" and "zest" are the last one. He also says they have an odd name like him, and in my opinion Erin's is more odd.

1) Krabbe thinks the smallest prep in Dylan's "emotion of god" story is supposed to represent Eric. He thinks Dylan's "maybe going NBK (gawd) w Eric is the way to break free" shows some reluctance to do it with Eric. Dylan references a massacre first, presumably with a girl, and so on some versions "settles" for Eric.  Krabbe seems to take the extreme form of this view, with Dylan not much liking Eric, rather using him.

2) Remember finding this one curious too. I'm not sure if he means Eric hoped his plan worked well enough that he could escape - which nonetheless seems probable, or something more modest like their saying "sorry but we did what we had to do."

3) Krabbe is presumably referencing Eric saying he wished to imagine his victims as Doom monsters so it would be easier to shoot them, and trying to avoid bonding with his parents so the massacre was easier. Krabbe also thinks they didn't shoot anybody they spoke to, which is pretty easily disproven with Lance, if not the whole library massacre. This is often repeated. They taunted before as well as after, and people who buy this tend to wrongly see Evan, Val, and Bree spared in the same way John S. and Brooks were.

4) It seems to me possible the seed of the massacre was Dylan's wish to kill himself and take a girl with him.
Back to top Go down
RainbowDude
Banned

Contribution Points : 36187

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2020 7:32 pm

1. - Dylan was more vocal than Eric was during the shooting.
2. - Eric was planning on dying anyway.
3. - Tell the injured survivors that.
4. - I don't have a say.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 5:14 pm

I tried to read the supposed PFD version of the book, as its hard to get into. 2st chapter and there are some really horrible factual errors to the point that I started wondering wether this was the actual book after all.

'this is for all the bullying you put us through'. This is so blsntantly wrong, sorry. Dylan said 'this is for all the shit you have been given us'. He did not specically say 'bullying'. Errors like this isnt good, imo, especially when there are doubts as to wether or not Eric and Dylan were bullied.

Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78878
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 7:59 pm

And next: 'Jocks were punished for bullying'. They, in fact, were not. Atleast, from what Im aware.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 5:28 am

Nirvana92 wrote:

Sorry to necro, but I'm of the opinion that Marla Foust was NEVER the girl in the acrostic. The acrostic has the girl with the first name made up of four letters , and the family name made up of 6. She doesn't fit.
Back to top Go down
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 80522
Forum Reputation : 1491

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Erin Boortz makes too much sense for the poem. no way the last isn't "Zest" for example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?   Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tim Krabbe about Columbine - wtf?
Page 1 of 1