Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?

Go down 
+6
QuestionMark
MysteryMan
Lavitax
Screamingophelia
Lizpuff
TrimMeToenails
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TrimMeToenails

TrimMeToenails

Contribution Points : 64758
Forum Reputation : 0

Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Empty
PostSubject: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 am

I was thinking about this earlier. Here is the question I'd love to read your answers to:

Deputy Neil Gardner races up to the West entrance to Columbine. As in our actual timeline, he gets out, and starts trading fire with Eric.

However, let's assume this: Gardner does not miss Eric. He hits him, one or more times, and he kills Eric right then and there.

Dylan is left standing right there, alone. Patti Nielson, by this time, is approaching the inside double doors of the West entrance. Gardner is still down, behind his door, gun in hand, and ready in a heartbeat to shoot at Dylan, depending on what Dylan does.

And that is very much the question in my hypothetical scenario. Eric has just been shot and killed by Gardner. What does Dylan do, now?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96174
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 am

I think he would either be shot by Gardner or shoot himself. I do not see Dylan carrying on with what happened alone.

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:58 am

I agree with Lizpuff. If Eric was killed, I believe Dylan would have tried to commit suicide right there.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 4:32 am

I believe Dylan would have killed himself right then.

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 5:11 am

I agree with everyone else that Dylan would've killed himself, this is because Dylan would've been scared to get shot.
I came up with an interesting question, what would Dylan do if Eric was wounded and was bleeding out? would Dylan use something as a tourniquet? would Dylan shoot Eric to end his pain? and/or would Dylan shoot himself?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 5:21 am

PotholeAbyss wrote:
I agree with everyone else that Dylan would've killed himself, this is because Dylan would've been scared to get shot.
I came up with an interesting question, what would Dylan do if Eric was wounded and was bleeding out? would Dylan use something as a tourniquet? would Dylan shoot Eric to end his pain? and/or would Dylan shoot himself?

If Eric was shot and calling out for help IDK that Dylan would have known what to do. I don't think he was good at improvising so I think had anything happened to Eric I see Dylan shooting himself. I don't see him being taken alive

Lavitax

Contribution Points : 65023
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 am

PotholeAbyss wrote:

He'd shoot Eric to put him out of his misery and would then shoot himself.
Back to top Go down
MysteryMan

Contribution Points : 90258
Forum Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 5:58 am

On the contrary what would Eric do if Dylan was killed or get shot?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 7:44 am

I think instinctively he would've shot back at Gardner first. Then retreat back into the school and kill himself.

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193232
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 8:06 am

MysteryMan wrote:

Good question. Probably go in with guns blazing so to speak. On top of the bombs not going off, he’d be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67688
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 8:45 am

I think Dylan would only have shot Eric if he asked him to.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 pm

MysteryMan wrote:

I think if Dylan got shot Eric would have to avenge him. So I think he would go after Gardner. It honestly sounds like Gardner was caught off guard/not a great shot so perhaps Eric could have shot Gardner. But he probably would have ended up shot himself

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I think Dylan would have went inside and continued shooting.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Ivan wrote:
I think he would have too. I think we're in the minority though with that opinion, lol. Most people seem to think he'd just off himself right then and there or shortly after.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 9:30 pm

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
I think he would have too. I think we're in the minority though with that opinion, lol. Most people seem to think he'd just off himself right then and there or shortly after.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   If Eric had been killed, do you think the kill count would be the same with only Dylan? Do you think Dylan would have ended up in the Library, or the Commons? Also would the same people have been targets?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 10:27 pm

I guess I just see Dylan getting so shocked and flustered if Eric just died right then and there. I am not sure he would really know what to do.

Sure he could have gone in and shot at kids just the same. The world will never know

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2018 3:38 am

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:

I mean I only think that because if Eric gets shot to death, I think Dylan's first thought would be "oh fuck, cops are here already" and off himself because he's afraid of getting taken alive. Now if he doesn't think that way, then I can totally see him going around and killing more people.

I hope I worded that right.

Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92031
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 pm

I would see that different if they heard swat coming in they would "help" each other Eric holding on Dylans temple and Dylan on Eric's both count to three (what they really did), and pull the trigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 am

he probably would walk around shooting randomly at everyone he saw just roaming around.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66290
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 4:26 am

I see Dylan losing the motivation to kill Eric was feeding him (and he was feeding Eric), and not really seeing a point in doing it alone anymore if he can't share the "fun" with someone else. I think he would've gone in, shoot a little here and there for a few minutes just for the hell of it and then end it very quickly, i doubt he would've carried on as long as they ended up doing it for
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?   Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gardner Kills Eric at Entrance: What Does Dylan Do?
Page 1 of 1