Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?

Go down 
+2
lasttrain
Jenn
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Empty
PostSubject: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:52 pm

As we all know, Deputy Neil Gardner exchanged gunfire with Eric Harris before Eric went into the school. Let's pretend one of Gardner's bullets hit Harris, either killing him or preventing him for doing any more damage. What would have happened with Dylan?

I think Dylan would have freaked out and probably killed himself soon after realizing he was alone, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Dylan probably would have went into an empty classroom or bathroom and killed himself. I do not see him carrying out the massacre alone.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 am

I agree that Dylan, more than likely, would have just killed himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 1:58 pm

I agree. He wanted to die and wouldn't have surrendered but wouldn't have continued killing either.
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 102188
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 2:25 pm

What would have happened if Dylan had been wounded?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 4:01 pm

lasttrain wrote:

That's interesting too. Actually it's more interesting, I think there is a much bigger chance that Eric would continue by himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 5:42 pm

92joehal wrote:
lasttrain wrote:

That's interesting too. Actually it's more interesting, I think there is a much bigger chance that Eric would continue by himself.

Eric definitely would have continued, he may have still been more uncomfortable without Dylan though. Might not have entered such an open and populated space as the library without Dylan. Witnesses reported that they were in constant verbal contact telling each other to 'cover me.'
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118783
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:09 pm

If Dylan had been wounded, Eric would have continued on without him. As Brooks said, and I actually agree with him, Eric was acting as though he was in the military during the massacre. And in the military, if one of your own is killed, you still continue on. I believe that is what Eric would have done. Eric was the one who actually started shooting and began the massacre and then Dylan followed. I don't believe Eric would have had any problems shooting without Dylan. In fact, he had the shootout with Gardner while Dylan was off somewhere else.

Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83921
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Very likely Dylan would have exchanged fire for a little bit, and killed himself right on the spot before being able to do much of anything else.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 am

Let's imagine a further scenario.

Eric is hit and wounded but still alive and communicating with Dylan, just immobilized.

Or:

Dylan is hit and and wounded but still alive and communicating with Eric.

They mutually agree to end it together there?
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:20 am

N/A

Last edited by lasttrain on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:58 am

I guess the one able to move would have gone to try and make the bombs go off whilst the one hit stayed put and fired at anything that moved.
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 84644
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 1:21 pm

I think most people underestimate Dylan. I think he would have carried on with or without Eric. Granted, I don't think he would have killed as many people as he did with Eric. I believe he would have continued on throughout the school shooting at random students and teachers as they ran away. I don't think he would have entered a heavily populated area like the library alone. He probably would have kept firing until he felt like he was cornered or low on ammo, then turned the gun on himself. Even though Dylan was very suicidal, I believe he wanted to hurt as many people as he could before he did kill himself. I don't think Eric's death would have stopped him from doing that. Eric and Dylan both knew they were going to die that day, they were prepare for that. They knew they could be killed by cops, but they were ready to go out in a hail of bullets regardless. With the amount of preparation and planning they did, I wouldn't be surprised if they had discussed what to do if when of them were killed ahead of schedule. They had a mutual goal. Kill Mankind. And stopping never appeared to be an option, so I doubt either one of them would have given up if Gardner had hit one of them.

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Hard to say. If Eric was killed... I think Dylan would contnue the firefgth with Gardner and then perhaps go on with teh shooting. I tink he would be confused, perhaps taing more time to do anything than they did in reality.

I think Dylan would go on to try to detonat the bomb. I'm not sure if he would go to the library, or at least go there soo soon and kill so many people. Hard to say. He wasteh one who let one guy go, Eric did not.

Both wanted to kill and both woudl regardless if the other was shot. How son would they shake of the effec of seign the other dieis a different matter. IMHO Dylan was mroe ready to die than Eric. Eric was more read to see his firnd die than vice versa tho.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?   Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speculative: Deputy N. Gardner hits Eric Harris, what would have happend?
Page 1 of 1