Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted

Go down 
+4
Kathericat
QuestionMark
Tommy QTR
macks_ant86
8 posters
AuthorMessage
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

Contribution Points : 64846
Forum Reputation : 0

UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Empty
PostSubject: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 12:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yorkshire teenagers planned Columbine-style attack, court told

Two 14-year-old boys planned to murder pupils and teachers in a Columbine-inspired attack on their North Yorkshire school, a court has heard.

A jury at Leeds crown court was told the teenagers “hero-worshipped” the Columbine killers and planned a “re-enactment” at their school in Northallerton.

Paul Greaney QC, prosecuting, told jurors: “They intended to shoot and kill other pupils and teachers against whom they held a grievance. They also, like their heroes, intended to deploy explosives and researched bomb-making techniques to that end.”

The boys, who are now 15 and cannot be named because of their age, were arrested before they could put their plans into action, Greaney said. The pair deny conspiracy to murder.

Greaney opened the prosecution case by explaining to jurors that 12 students and a teacher were shot and killed in the Columbine high school attack, carried out 19 years ago by Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.

He said Harris and Klebold “became anti-heroes” and there was a “strange, dark sub-culture of adoration for them and their crimes” on the internet.

The two defendants became fascinated with the killers, Greaney told jurors. “Their interest in them turned to hero-worship,” he said.

The older boy is also accused of using a knife to carve his name into his girlfriend’s back. He denies a count of unlawful wounding.

He was the leader of the two plotters and made “significant and disturbing entries” in a diary that demonstrated his “murderous intentions were real”, Greaney said.

The prosecutor told jurors that flammable liquids and a bag of screws were found in the boy’s hideout behind a supermarket at Catterick garrison. Here, it was alleged, the boys planned to make a nail bomb to be used in the attack.

Jurors were told the boys “sought to emulate” the Columbine killers, who described themselves as the “trenchcoat mafia”, by wearing long coats.

The prosecutor said researching the Columbine killers was a regular part of the older boy’s life. In the space of 14 hours last October, he allegedly made more than 30 internet searches about the Columbine attack and for instructions on how to make pipe and nail bombs, how to build a sawn-off shotgun and where to buy ammunition.

“It is plain that he was gaining inspiration from the actions of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold,” Greaney told the jury.

The older boy’s mobile phone also contained disturbing videos of Harris and Klebold, including footage of the pair on shooting practice before the attack, the court heard.

The older boy was expelled from school twice between April and May last year for posting offensive images and comments about teachers on fake Instagram accounts, the jury heard.

The following month, their plans grew more serious, jurors were told, when the pair downloaded a bomb-making guide called the Anarchist Cookbook, which included detailed instructions for making a nail bomb.

In text messages later in May, the younger boy told his co-accused: “I can’t be bothered any more.” The older boy replied: “Why not take some others out as well?” If you’re gonna kill yourself, shoot up the school.”

Greaney said: “What was happening in May 2017 was the development of ideas and of a relationship that was to form into a plot to attack the school that both defendants attended and to kill students and teachers.”

The older boy met his then 14-year-old girlfriend in June 2017, the jury heard, and she soon became dependent on him and he began to control her. Then, the girl told police, “the darker stuff started” and she became afraid of him.

She discovered that he was posting videos of live suicides on social media and that he felt empowered when people were frightened of him, jurors were told.

The pair discussed “scarification” and she let him carve his name into her lower back with a penknife in his hideout, an act she later described to police as “the biggest mistake I’ve ever made”.

The girl said the defendant repeatedly sought access to the shotguns her father kept for hunting and, in text messages in August last year, said: “OMG … I’m really happy” when she falsely told him she had access to her father’s shotgun cupboard. “It was no teenage fantasy. It was real,” Greaney said.

The girl’s parents stopped her from contacting him when they became deeply concerned about his malign influence, jurors were told. In a diary entry, the older boy wrote: “Her parents need to die. I hate them so fucking much it’s insane.”

He wrote in another entry: “I have a plan, a great fucking plan. I’ll run away to Catterick and lay low for a while then we murder her parents and we’ll stay at her house for a while and get all of her dad’s guns and I’ll make some explosives then we’ll find a way back to Northallerton and we’ll begin our assault on that fucking school. Great idea isn’t it. Fuck, I hate my school. I will obliterate it. I will kill everyone.”

A further entry described how he planned to kill them, jurors heard: “I’ll sneak in at night, tie them up and torture them. I’ll cut em up and rip out their fucking guts.”

Days later, the boy entered the girl’s home shortly after midnight, carrying a large kitchen knife with “LOVE” written on it and dressed as Harris, the Columbine killer. The prosecutor alleges that he intended to cause her parents “serious harm” but was startled by her mother and ran. “He had, almost certainly, expected to be able to attack as they slept,” the prosecutor said.

Text messages between the boys showed how the plot to attack their school developed. In one, the younger boy told the other: “I really wanna shoot up the school” and “I think it’ll be so fun”.

The younger boy also told a classmate about the murder plan and told her in a text message: “No one innocent will die, we promise. We’re not doing it for a while anyway because we don’t have guns atm [at the minute].”

The classmate alerted her teacher to the texts, the court heard, prompting the younger boy to make confess to his vice-principal.

The younger boy told his vice-principal he wanted to foil the plot, but the jury were told that the previous night he had sent his would-be accomplice a hit list of people who might be killed. He also messaged the older boy: “Wear your trench coat today. Scare everyone. I want everyone to be scared.”

The evening of his confession in school, the younger boy admitted to two North Yorkshire police officers that the pair had planned to acquire a gun and shoot those who had bullied them.

The older boy, however, denied any knowledge of the plot when he was asked by the police officers who apparently took the case no further.

Greaney told jurors they may think that the officers responded inadequately to the threat the boys posed, but that a month later anti-terrorism officers “responded more appropriately and robustly”.

The trial continues.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 12:58 pm

I hope their diaries get released to the public, would be an interesting read.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm

There are a lot of legal guns in North Yorkshire, only a matter of time before a mass Shooting happens there.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
There are a lot of legal guns in North Yorkshire, only a matter of time before a mass Shooting happens there.

Really? I wouldn't peg any place in the UK to have a lot of legal guns.

macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

Now, let's not give the wrong impression to America that even if guns are banned and hard to access mass killings of this kind are inevitable! I'm waiting for someone from the American gun lobby to make this inference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:31 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

You can hear gunshots every day here, so it must be true. Just like the neighboring county, Cumbria, where Derrick Bird went on the rampage in 2010.
Back to top Go down
macks_ant86

macks_ant86

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:41 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

You can hear gunshots every day here, so it must be true. Just like the neighboring county, Cumbria, where Derrick Bird went on the rampage in 2010.

I imagine those are hunters shooting down fowl, police grant you permission to own a gun on licence to hunt on account that it's permanently locked up and you pass background checks, hardly the mass market sale of guns you find in America. It only takes one I know but the chances are slim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 3:45 pm

Almost all farmers in the local area have guns to Shoot rabbits with for pest control, and there is also alot of Grouse and Pheasant Shooting in the area. The worrying thing is, that it would be a very long time before armed police could locate and stop a suspect if anything bad did happen.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

Oh, that's odd.

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 9:54 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

Oh, that's odd.

theres always gunshots coming from the forest and mountains where my mom lives
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 12:18 pm

eldigato wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

Oh, that's odd.

theres always gunshots coming from the forest and mountains where my mom lives

Drunk rednecks probably shooting at trees lol.  Smile

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 1:25 pm

A farmer who was Shooting rabbits from behind a hedge, suddenly fired the Gun and it was so loud i almost jumped and fell off my bike.
Back to top Go down
Kathericat

Contribution Points : 55091

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Yeah, plenty of farmers and the like have guns to shoot/scare away crows. Glad to hear the attack was thwarted. Wonder what would have happened if their plan wasn't discovered in time.

And I feel sorry for the poor girlfriend of the older boy - I can imagine how painful it was having her back carved with a penknife. I hope her back heals/is healing and that she's ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Kathericat wrote:
Yeah, plenty of farmers and the like have guns to shoot/scare away crows.

Scare crows? They have crow scarers for that, they often are timed to go off in 3 bangs every 10 minuets.

Back to top Go down
Kathericat

Contribution Points : 55091

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Honestly didn't know that: thought that most farmers had guns to scare away predators because a local farmer who lives close to where I live does.

Sorry if I accidentally confused you!
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70649
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 9:15 pm

so close too were i live
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:38 pm

If it had happend, i doubt it would have been worse than Columbine in terms of victims.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
If it had happend, i doubt it would have been worse than Columbine in terms of victims.
There probably would of been less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:48 pm

The Columbine Shooters had grand delusions of killing 200+ people, so the 2 wannabe Shooters would probably kill a maximum of 10.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
The Columbine Shooters had grand delusions of killing 200+ people, so the 2 wannabe Shooters would probably kill a maximum of 10.
I think it would be even lesser than that, it depends on what kind of guns they would of got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 6:52 pm

They were planning to hi-jack some legaly owned guns from a house, so they wouldn't have been anything with a high ammo capacity.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm

Ziamber II wrote:
They were planning to hi-jack some legaly owned guns from  a house, so they wouldn't have been anything with a high ammo capacity.
So they probably would of got shotguns or .22 rifles.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

I wouldnt bet on that it depends on the bombs look at the manchester bombing or boston it could have ended in tragedy luckily they got caught
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
I think it would be even lesser than that, it depends on what kind of guns they would of got.

I bet they wouldn't have even gotten more than three kills to be honest.

exceptionella

Contribution Points : 80698

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:03 am

They have now both been found guilty of conspiracy to murder and the older one was also found guilty of unlawful wounding for carving his name in his girlfriend's back. They are due to be sentenced in July.

How long do you think they will get?

Others who also had their plans thwarted include; Liam Lyburd (who was sentenced to life in prison) and Michael Piggin (who was committed to a mental health facility indefinitely.) Granted they were both older than these two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm

exceptionella wrote:

Others who also had their plans thwarted include; Liam Lyburd (who was sentenced to life in prison) and Michael Piggin (who was committed to a mental health facility indefinitely.) Granted they were both older than these two.

Sentencing guidelines are different if your under 18, remember Liam Lybird was 19.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:11 pm

These kids were 14 when they were planning their attack, when Eric and Dylan were their age they had just started their first year at Columbine and was years before they planned to kill anyone.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 1:12 pm

They have been named.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 3:51 pm

lol:
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97565
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 4:55 pm

Ziamber II wrote:

Well in the end all he had was a knife. There's many cases where gun control failed to stop a shooting. This isn't one of these cases.

UK gun control 1 - crazy homicidal teens 0.

Also proves that school life is as shitty over the ocean as it is here.

Ziamber II wrote:
They have been named.
The guy on the left looks really old. I wouldn't have guessed he is 15, I'd have said 17-19 at least.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 5:34 pm

GUYs lived in my area actually came online too make a post about it and saw this one as soon as i saw it in my local paper

Back to top Go down
imgview
Banned

Contribution Points : 54259
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 am

macks_ant86 wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:

Now, let's not give the wrong impression to America that even if guns are banned and hard to access mass killings of this kind are inevitable! I'm waiting for someone from the American gun lobby to make this inference.
lol good boy, keep repeating what they tell you.

r4911 wrote:
lol:
Ginger and incel, who could have ever guessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 4:27 pm

It was in North Yorkshire that a chip shop worker went on the rampage on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted    UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UK Columbine-wannabes school attack thwarted
Page 1 of 1