Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Empty
PostSubject: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) —
A Clark County School District high school teacher was arrested after threatening a killing spree.

The threats were made over text message and News 3 is getting an exclusive look at her chilling words.

It was a conversation with a friend. He was so bothered by the texts, he reported her to police.

Leslie McGourty is now facing a serious charge of making "terror threats."

Police say McGourty allegedly threatened to go on a bloody rampage.

The threats were made in a series of chilling text messages she sent to a friend. They were given to News 3 by a source.

"I'm going to poke a lot of holes in a lot of people on Saturday."

"I have the means, motive and brains."

"Vegas will lose its luster after me."

"She scared me. She always talked about her husband and divorce. Too much personal stuff. It was like scary", said student Natalie Aldana.

"I know she always comes in talking about her boyfriends and who she dates, but I didn't think she'd be making threats to people", said student Lyric Lyons.

Investigators say McGourty even refers to other mass murderers. She even references One October--the Las Vegas shooting which left 58 people dead.

The texts show McGourty's friend asking her: "What was the name of the guy who shot up the Strip?"

And she responds: "Doesn't matter. I am a woman. I will be remembered."

Though McGourty may have never intended to carry out an attack, it was enough for police to arrest her.

The teacher is now facing a charge of making "terror threats" for her text messages.

One of the messages read:

"Maybe I will start a movement. Another [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] movement. But this time, which women feel empowered enough to become serial killers."

McGourty has been at Bonanza High School since August 2015.

CSSD tells News 3 she is now "assigned to home", which essentially means she's on paid leave.

What the actual fuck!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

Contribution Points : 58129
Forum Reputation : 15

High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Empty
PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:40 am

And this is why teachers shouldn't be armed No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:44 am

Stoned Slacker wrote:
And this is why teachers shouldn't be armed No

No, this is why this particular one shouldn't be armed.

You can't paint all teachers with the same brush just because this one happened to go off the deep end.
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:53 am

I don't particularly support teachers being armed because so many of them are unstable in my experience and might shoot an unruly kid etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:56 am

Stoned Slacker wrote:
I don't particularly support teachers being armed because so many of them are unstable in my experience and might shoot an unruly kid etc

I agree that the teachers would need to prove their mental soundness, and be required to take a rigorous training course. But I think lives would be saved.
Back to top Go down
Stoned Slacker

Stoned Slacker

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 11:59 am

True
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:37 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Stoned Slacker wrote:

I agree that the teachers would need to prove their mental soundness, and be required to take a rigorous training course. But I think lives would be saved.

I think it's playing a game of Jenga with people's lives. Better to have police officers in schools than armed teachers.

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 1:43 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Stoned Slacker wrote:

I think it's playing a game of Jenga with people's lives. Better to have police officers in schools than armed teachers.

Well considering kids are already playing a game of Chance or Risk almost every time they walk through those school doors, why not add Jenga to it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 3:49 pm

HEY I GOT A IDEA LETS ARM THE FUCKING TEACHERS WHO MAKE 3 DOLLARS A YEAR, AND GET SHIT ON BY KIDS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!! WHO THE FUCK IS WITH ME!?!!
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72944
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Jeez we've had two shooting scares in just one day.............

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Population Control wrote:
HEY I GOT A IDEA LETS ARM THE FUCKING TEACHERS WHO MAKE 3 DOLLARS A YEAR, AND GET SHIT ON BY KIDS ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!! WHO THE FUCK IS WITH ME!?!!

I agree teachers get paid a shit wage for all they have to put up with.

But in my opinion adding some well qualified armed teachers alongside the resource officers would be another layer of protection.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 5:16 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Population Control wrote:

I agree teachers get paid a shit wage for all they have to put up with.

But in my opinion adding some well qualified armed teachers alongside the resource officers would be another layer of protection.

Well qualified though. As in "former military or police background". Because otherwise I wouldn't trust a teacher with a gun.

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Not long before a teacher goes on a Mass Shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 6:34 pm

LMAO MOTHER FUCKING MASS SHOOTER FEMINSIM??????

"its time to show the world women can kill innocent kids too, move over men"

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 6:47 pm

eldigato wrote:
LMAO MOTHER FUCKING MASS SHOOTER FEMINSIM??????

"its time to show the world women can kill innocent kids too, move over men"

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yeah that struck me as funny too. Crazy bitch. Rolling Eyes Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.   High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High school teacher threatens rampage: 'I'm a woman. I will be remembered.
Page 1 of 1