Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released  Empty
PostSubject: Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released    Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 12:28 am

Article with video
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nikolas Cruz knew everyone would know his name after the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. In three chilling cellphone video clips, two of which appear to have been recorded on the day of the Feb. 14 shooting, Cruz, 19, calmly outlines his plans.

“When you see me on the news you’ll know who I am,” he says, chuckling. “You’re all going to die. Pew pew pew. I can’t wait.”

Prosecutors released the videos on Wednesday.

Not everything went according to Cruz’s plan — he discussed taking an Uber to the campus, getting to the third floor and shooting students in the courtyard outside the school. He did arrive at the school by Uber, but never set up like a sniper shooting down into the escaping crowd.

Fred Guttenberg, whose daughter Jaime was one of the victims, said he read a transcript of the videos but chose not to look at them.
Parkland victims go after gun maker immunity law. “I already know what he did,” said Guttenberg. “He’s evil. Repulsive. He deserves to be dead. ... He talked about how he was going to be someone now. It’s a level of thought that I can’t comprehend. It looks, from the words, like the kid had joy. I don’t want to see the delight he took in planning the murders of our children.”

Chief Assistant Public Defender Gordon Weekes declined to comment on the videos’ contents, “out of respect for the families of the victims.”

Defense lawyers have offered to have Cruz plead guilty in exchange for a sentence of life in prison, arguing it would spare the victims’ families from having to relive the tragedy through what is certain to be a lengthy trial and appellate process. The released videos are not long, but they offer a disturbing look at Cruz’s determination to gain public notoriety.

“My name is Nik, and I’m going to be the next school shooter of 2018,” he said. “My goal is at least 20 people.”
Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz made cellphone video of himself

Cruz killed 17 and wounded 17. He faces the death penalty if convicted of first-degree murder, which requires prosecutors to prove the crime was premeditated.

That job, according to the father of one victim, was made simple by the statements made in the videos.

“Today is the day. The day that it all begins. The day of my massacre shall begin,” Cruz says. “All the kids in school will run in fear and hide. From the wrath of my power they will know who I am.”

Andrew Pollack, whose daughter Meadow was among the dead, said Cruz can now rule out an insanity plea. “It just shows this kid was competent. This whole thing was premeditated murder,” he said. “This kid knew exactly what he was doing.”

Cruz offered only vague hints about his motive. “I’ve had enough being told what to do and when to do. ... Telling me I’m an idiot and a dumbass,” he says. “In real life, you’re all the dumbass. You’re all stupid and brainwashed.” He also singled out a girl or woman named “Angie,” vowing to always love her. Angie’s identity was not immediately clear — the name did not belong to any of the murdered or wounded victims.

“I hope to see you in the afterlife,” he says.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193482
Forum Reputation : 1317

Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released    Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released  Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2018 1:04 am

She’s no halcyon girl I digress...

Nikolas Cruz Cellphone Videos Released
Page 1 of 1