Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rachel Scott on video

Go down 
+8
23september
katherinex
Draw_It_White
Lunkhead McGrath
Tracy
QuestionMark
howgoyoufar
Tommy QTR
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91917
Forum Reputation : 575

Rachel Scott on video Empty
PostSubject: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 4:26 am

I found this rare video of Rachel Scott what seems to be at a friend's house:

Back to top Go down
howgoyoufar

Contribution Points : 59914
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:30 am

Sad. They just seem like very normal kids. Thank you for posting this.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193207
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 am

Really punches you in the gut Sad

They didn't show this Rachel in "I'm Not Ashamed" at all...

Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 1:22 pm

howgoyoufar wrote:
Sad. They just seem like very normal kids. Thank you for posting this.

They are very normal kids.

Tracy

Contribution Points : 60459

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

The carefully crafted public image of Rachel from the immediate aftermath of her death until present day is of a person that never existed.

I loathe false narratives in general but the revisionist history that is allowed to ferment in the environment of such narratives is infuriating. It morphs reality into something verging on fiction. Real events do not deserve such treatment regardless of the reason.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 8:27 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Really punches you in the gut Sad

I'm no big fan of INA but to be fair I don't really think it was an honest to God hagiography. (I did not bother to read "She Said Yes" or whatever the book about Rachel was called.)
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120353
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 12:52 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
I did not bother to read "She Said Yes" or whatever the book about Rachel was called.

Actually I think that book was about Cassie.

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97993
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 2:35 am

Berdana!
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 76111
Forum Reputation : 225

PostSubject: bagulahalbagulghl   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 6:04 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
I did not bother to read "She Said Yes" or whatever the book about Rachel was called.

SSY is about Cassie but there was one about Rachel too right?
Back to top Go down
Watcher73

Contribution Points : 55834
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

SSY is about Cassie but there was one about Rachel too right?

Yes, it was called Rachel's Tears. I've read it.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 61861
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:56 pm

It's so strange to see how they portrayed her in IMA compared to the little video footage we have of Rachel in real life. It's a shame that they couldn't show more aspects to her life, rather than the just the part religion played in her life (the portrayal of this was suffocating and wildly exaggerated), which is a shame as I believe the film could have been amazing otherwise. I wonder what Rachel would make of the film if she could see it, although as we know if she could see it then there would be no film as she'd still be alive.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 5:03 pm

katherinex wrote:
It's so strange to see how they portrayed her in IMA compared to the little video footage we have of Rachel in real life. It's a shame that they couldn't show more aspects to her life, rather than the just the part religion played in her life (the portrayal of this was suffocating and wildly exaggerated), which is a shame as I believe the film could have been amazing otherwise. I wonder what Rachel would make of the film if she could see it, although as we know if she could see it then there would be no film as she'd still be alive.

Would be interesting to see a columbine film with really accurate portrayals of what they really were like. Like sometimes Eric had a soft side and maybe Cassie was a bitch to someone. But they are all human beings

When honestly almost all of Rachel’s friends boycotted the movie you know somethings up

Devon and brooks have been pretty vocal since Rachel’s funeral that her parents Did not know the real her
Back to top Go down
Watcher73

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Devon and brooks have been pretty vocal since Rachel’s funeral that her parents Did not know the real her

Reminds me of what Mark Bodiford (or Pettit) said when he gave Rachel's mother the journals. Didn't he say something about her getting to know her real daughter from the journals? I thought that was an interesting statement.

The video in this thread, along with many of the photos out there, certainly make her out to be a lot goofier than the portrayal in INA. I've seen comments from people who knew her where she's described as a bubbly comedian, which makes the darker entries in her journals seem more jarring. Then again, a lot of comedians seem prone to depression.
Back to top Go down
23september

Contribution Points : 66265
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:50 am

Would have turned 37 today, thoughts with the family
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Happy Birthday Rachel. Let’s do something super kind for someone today

mflergen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Watcher73

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Happy birthday, Rachel.
Back to top Go down
cory M

cory M

Contribution Points : 52550

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 6:39 pm

I remember reading way back when, that one of Rachel's favorite movies was American History X. I can't reconcile that with the "perfect, innocent" girl we're led to believe she was. I have a female cousin who is an actual Christian fundamentalist, and she won't watch any R-rated movies at all. That doesn't exactly prove anything; after all, everyone's different. But I always found it interesting and since I read that I can't watch AHX without thinking of Rachel.

By the way, whats the consensus on here regarding Rachel Scott being the 'Rachel' E&D reference in the basement tapes? I honestly think it is her, because she mentions in one of her journal entries that she's being more vocal about her faith at school, and whoever the 'Rachel' E&D are referring to is, she apparently annoyed them with incessant talk of loving Jesus.

But yeah, regardless, the cult of "St. Rachel of Littleton" is creepy to me. She didn't even seem like a real human being in INA. (Non-theists can almost see the parallels between this and the story of "historical" vs. "biblical" Jesus. Will Rachel have her own religion in 2,000 years?)
I can't wait until one of her friends has had enough of the myth and releases a home video of Rachel declaring: "Fuck homework! I shit all over these quadratic equations!"
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 6:46 pm

cory M wrote:
I remember reading way back when, that one of Rachel's favorite movies was American History X. I can't reconcile that with the "perfect, innocent" girl we're led to believe she was. I have a female cousin who is an actual Christian fundamentalist, and she won't watch any R-rated movies at all. That doesn't exactly prove anything; after all, everyone's different. But I always found it interesting and since I read that I can't watch AHX without thinking of Rachel.

By the way, whats the consensus on here regarding Rachel Scott being the 'Rachel' E&D reference in the basement tapes? I honestly think it is her, because she mentions in one of her journal entries that she's being more vocal about her faith at school, and whoever the 'Rachel' E&D are referring to is, she apparently annoyed them with incessant talk of loving Jesus.

But yeah, regardless, the cult of "St. Rachel of Littleton" is creepy to me. She didn't even seem like a real human being in INA. (Non-theists can almost see the parallels between this and the story of "historical" vs. "biblical" Jesus. Will Rachel have her own religion in 2,000 years?)
I can't wait until one of her friends has had enough of the myth and releases a home video of Rachel declaring: "Fuck homework! I shit all over these quadratic equations!"

Rachel’s nickname was dirty, dirty whore .I think her friend Lindsay gave her the nickname No joke it’s in the book Rachel’s Tears. Devon, Brooks and other friends said her family didn’t know her at all Didn’t seem to like her. They made fun of her for getting a haircut for the play. the funeral wasn’t what she would’ve wanted and the film wasn’t what she wouldn’t have wanted . Her friends even boycotted it.

It’s been debunked that it was Rachel they were talking about. I forget Jen’s last name but they were taking about Nick Foss and Rachel Goodwin

Rachel wasn’t in any classes with Eric and knew Dylan through theatre. Devon was friends with both dylan and Rachel.

cory M

Contribution Points : 52550

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

Rachel’s nickname was dirty, dirty whore .I think her  friend Lindsay gave her the nickname  No joke it’s in the book Rachel’s Tears. Devon, Brooks and other friends said her family didn’t know her at all Didn’t seem to like her. They made fun of her for getting a haircut for the play. the funeral wasn’t what she would’ve wanted and the film wasn’t what she wouldn’t have wanted . Her friends even boycotted it.

It’s been debunked that it was Rachel they were talking about. I forget Jen’s last name but they were taking about Nick Foss and Rachel Goodwin

Rachel wasn’t in any classes with Eric and knew Dylan through theatre. Devon was friends with both dylan and Rachel.

This is fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing all this. Your posts are always so informative and help clear up so much misinformation I have. Smile
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 8:23 pm

cory M wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Rachel’s nickname was dirty, dirty whore .I think her  friend Lindsay gave her the nickname  No joke it’s in the book Rachel’s Tears. Devon, Brooks and other friends said her family didn’t know her at all Didn’t seem to like her. They made fun of her for getting a haircut for the play. the funeral wasn’t what she would’ve wanted and the film wasn’t what she wouldn’t have wanted . Her friends even boycotted it.

This is fascinating! Thanks so much for sharing all this. Your posts are always so informative and help clear up so much misinformation I have. Smile

You’re welcome!!

I’m always glad to help. I was 17 when it happened and I know I’ve said this a lot before I was researching since day one and took maybe 16 year off from it and came back to it last year when I read Sue’s book

Also writing a play based on a school shooting and I feel like I just retain a lot of knowledge at times LOL.

thelmar

Contribution Points : 82732
Forum Reputation : 3068

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

It was Jen Grant; they also mentioned Dustin, which was likely Dustin Harrison in that same conversation. All 4 of those students were in Eric and Dylan's Philosophy class. The class roster is listed in the 11k. I could probably track it down if anyone is interested.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rachel Scott on video   Rachel Scott on video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rachel Scott on video
Page 1 of 1