Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Empty
PostSubject: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 pm

After reading about Heinz Schmidt, it said that a girl accidentally fell off the stair and knoced her neck while fleeing the gunman. The two other example i have is that of Chippa Mateane, where a pedestrian got knocked out by a police car and died, with the other example being the October 22, 1641 Coster massacre, where a man accidentally shot himself dead, though this incident there were no guns used.

Are there more incidents of mass shootings where some of the deaths were caused by the victims themselves?
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 3:09 pm

During Anders Breivik's massacre, Håkon Ødegaard, 17, drowned while trying to swim away and Andreas Dalby Grønnesby, also 17, fell off a cliff as he was trying to escape.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85828
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Isn't a mass shooting, but the Daegu subway fire literally happened because of the victims.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm

Sophie Gornisiewicz, a victim of the 1913 Bremen school shooting, died by falling down the stairs while trying to escape from the gunman.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 4:54 pm

STK wrote:
Sophie Gornisiewicz, a victim of the 1913 Bremen school shooting, died by falling down the stairs while trying to escape from the gunman.
OP mentioned that.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72969
Forum Reputation : 330

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 6:00 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
OP mentioned that.
Shit, you're right. Fuck I've been off my game lately.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Shafa Mammadova, 31, jumped out the window and died during a 2009 shooting in Azerbaijan.

Three or four (reports vary) crew members of the Taiwanese fishing boat Jing-Qing 12 jumped overboard after the captain began massacring the crew in 1999, and their bodies were never found.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know if you can say that it was "caused by the victim" but in the same vein, there was a ninth death after the Standard Gravure shooting when a man who was not wounded by the perpetrator suffered a heart attack during the shooting and died several days later.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Man you'd hve to be a special kind of unlucky to live through a mass murder then die due to a stupid mistake immediately afterwards.

InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 10:53 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Man you'd hve to be a special kind of unlucky to live through a mass murder then die due to a stupid mistake immediately afterwards.
I'd probably die in a mass shooting by slipping on a banana peel next to a staircase, making me fall down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 am

QuestionMark wrote:
This is true. Specially to the 1641 Coster massacre. Such an unlucky person to shot himself. And the man committing the massacre did only have a dagger, so it would be easy to stop him, but how could he shot himself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
I'd probably die in a mass shooting by slipping on a banana peel next to a staircase, making me fall down.
I would die by getting ran over by a car in desperation in a mass shooting/stabbing event.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am

Enesbrietchvonfrederitch wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
I would die by getting ran over by a car in desperation in a mass shooting/stabbing event.
Reminds me of this stabbing, where the attacker was arrested because someone accidentally hit him with their car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?   Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass shootings with deaths caused by the victims themselves?
Page 1 of 1