Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mass Shootings that caused suicides

Go down 
+3
Carnifex879
Russianman
QuestionMark
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Mass Shootings that caused suicides Empty
PostSubject: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 2:54 am

I know that some people committed suicide because of Columbine, Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz but are there any other cases where people have committed suicide because of a mass shooting?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 11:55 am

Colorado wrote:
I know that some people committed suicide because of Columbine, Adam Lanza and Nikolas Cruz but are there any other cases where people have committed suicide because of a mass shooting?

I imagine there's probably dozens of times it happened that we just don't know about, with the press keeping it out of the news with respect towards the families.

Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 53046
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 am

École Polytechnique massacre.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2019 10:50 pm

Russianman wrote:

Well who committed suicide, and why?

Anyways, even though it's a mass stabbing and not a shooting, the brother of the man who committed the Akihabara massacre killed himself over the guilt it caused. Article in Japanese, so anyone curious will need a translator tool.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 68372
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:39 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Russianman wrote:

Well who committed suicide, and why?

Anyways, even though it's a mass stabbing and not a shooting, the brother of the man who committed the Akihabara massacre killed himself over the guilt it caused. Article in Japanese, so anyone curious will need a translator tool.
Marc Lepine's sister died of a drug overdose. Most paper's didn't list it as a suicide, but Marc Lepine's mother called it a suicide in an interview.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Two students who went to Parkland committed suicide after the shooting. The father of one of the slain Sandy Hook students also took his life.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 2:05 am

Although not because of a shooting, Martin Bryant's dad, Maurice Bryant, committed suicide because of his son, this was around 3 years before Port Arthur Massacre .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 3:19 am

I don't know about other cases but Sue Klebold mentioned during one of her speaking engagements that six Columbine first responders from the same fire department committed suicide in the years after the massacre. I couldn't find any news reports though. Has anyone else more info?
Back to top Go down
Russianman

Russianman

Contribution Points : 53046
Forum Reputation : 157

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 12:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
>Lepine
>not a shooting

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it'a also, but I mean another people. Text was on french, maybe I found this link later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
Two students who went to Parkland committed suicide after the shooting. The father of one of the slain Sandy Hook students also took his life.

That was a silly thing to do....... flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2020 12:33 am

According to this article, two students have committed suicide since Arapahoe High School shooting.
Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:06 pm

The husband of Cindy Yuille, a victim of the Clackamas mall shooting committed suicide 4 years after her death.

SugaryDecay

SugaryDecay

Contribution Points : 36908
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 pm

Two months after the 1999 OC Transpo shooting Ray MacDonald who worked at OC Transpo committed suicide. The man wrote "I have been unable to sleep well since the OC shooting....Pierre had talked with me at great length about it and where to be for the better shot at the managers. I feel guilty as hell for not telling anyone. Who was I to know if he'd do it or not?"

EricsToastInTheCaf and Carnifex879 like this post

Back to top Go down
SugaryDecay

SugaryDecay

Contribution Points : 36908
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 11:53 am

A day after the 2015 Hubei shooting, Liu Wenjuan, the wife of Xue Yongqing, a police officer killed in the shooting, committed suicide by jumping to her death from the sixth floor of the Jin En Hotel, she was distraught by her husband’s death, so she decided to end with suicide.

EricsToastInTheCaf likes this post

Back to top Go down
Carnifex879
Hayden Jagst

Carnifex879

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 3:02 pm

Vladislav Roslyakov's mother, who was a nurse, attempted suicide after she heard her son was responsible for the Kerch shooting (she was treating victims of the shooting at a hospital when it happened).

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 pm

Carnifex879 wrote:
Vladislav Roslyakov's mother, who was a nurse, attempted suicide after she heard her son was responsible for the Kerch shooting (she was treating victims of the shooting at a hospital when it happened).

according to some articles I've seen the boyfriend of one of the victims also broke his spine in a suicide attempt subsequent to the shooting.
Back to top Go down
Killisaki
Top Contributor
Killisaki

Contribution Points : 42443
Forum Reputation : 93

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Russianman wrote:
Sarto Blais committed suicide on 20 August 1990, less than a year after the massacre, in the suicide letter said "could not accept that as a man I had been there and hadn't done anything about it" and never recovered from the scene ("having to pass through blood-spattered hallways where bodies were lying,"), also less a year after that, his parents killed themselves.

"Said he was a wolf, only the difference
Was, a wolf’s skin was hairy on the outside,
His on the inside;"
- John Webster
"I cannot allow the cheap fireworks of some amateur terrorist to trigger my beatiful apocalyptic display!"
-Dr. Kabapu
"But hey, you wouldn't have signed on if you weren't planning to becoming a martyr. So let's get to work."
-Mannagaer lol

Carnifex879 likes this post

Back to top Go down
lognifiiskurk
Top 10 Contributor
lognifiiskurk

Contribution Points : 61039
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 5:16 pm

After Columbine, the mother of someone injured committed suicide.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 10:56 pm

2 students committed suicide after the Parkland shooting.
Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15871
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2022 1:29 am

Guest wrote:
2 students committed suicide after the Parkland shooting.

Why would they waste themselves because of what Nikolas Cruz did? They must have always had suicidal tendencies.

Drakeford likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Shootings that caused suicides   Mass Shootings that caused suicides Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Shootings that caused suicides
Page 1 of 1