Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Empty
PostSubject: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 2:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

US president Lyndon B. Johnson, at the time of the Texas Tower school shooting which killed 17, stated: "What happened is not without a lesson: that we must press urgently for the legislation now pending in Congress to help prevent the wrong person from obtaining firearms,"

"The bill would not prevent all such tragedies," he continues, "But it would help reduce the unrestricted sale of firearms to those who cannot be trusted in their use and possession. How many lives might be saved as a consequence?"
Back to top Go down

1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 am

Those gun control laws have failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
Tommy QTR

Contribution Points : 91967
Forum Reputation : 575

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Wow people were blaming inanimate objects rather then for the crimes a person back then.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
Wow people were blaming inanimate objects rather then for the crimes a person back then.

Seems odd to me that there weren't any substantial regulations put into place back then.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:56 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Seems odd to me that there weren't any substantial regulations put into place back then.
I think it's because Mass Shootings were so rare back then that it wasn't seen as much of an issue.

It makes me wonder though, what if the shooting happened in the present day? Non of the guns he had were "Assault Weapons" so they wouldn't of been part of the ban that anti-gunners are trying to enforce. I mean there's no way that you can ban Bolt Action Rifles, even over here in the UK you can still own them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:52 am

Tommy QTR wrote:
It makes me wonder though, what if the shooting happened in the present day? Non of the guns he had were "Assault Weapons" so they wouldn't of been part of the ban that anti-gunners are trying to enforce. I mean there's no way that you can ban Bolt Action Rifles, even over here in the UK you can still own them.

That's a really interesting point.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120403
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

I think it's because Mass Shootings were so rare back then that it wasn't seen as much of an issue.

Oh you'd still see retards clamoring for more restrictions, even when it doesn't make sense.

Tommy QTR

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Tommy QTR wrote:

Oh you'd still see retards clamoring for more restrictions, even when it doesn't make sense.
They'd have to ban guns outright then, I think even the most extreme anti-gunners think Bolt Action Rifles should be legal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."   1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action." Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1966, president after texas tower shooting: "The time has come for action."
Page 1 of 1