Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your thoughts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92156
Forum Reputation : 225

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 2:09 pm

What mental illness do you think Eric Harris suffered from? I wouldn’t agree he was a psychopath but he was clearly disturbed. Although many of his old friends described him as nice and normal, one of his girlfriends, Sasha Jacobs, has said that he set fire to a bridge while he was living in Plattsburgh.

I tipped on BPD since all criterias matched for BPD what is interesting that Eric took SSRIs
For bipolar ppl it says it can make the disorder worse or trigger manic episodes I wonder if same goes to borderline…. I find this interesting

Your thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 pm

I have often wondered if the meds Eric was on only made him focus on his anger more instead of helping him deal with it. scratch  He even told the doctors that the meds helped him realize some things.

Also they had upped his dose a few times in the months leading up to the attack. Which makes me think he was telling them he was still struggling, and they just tried to medicate it away instead of finding what the real issue was. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I heard he was on & off meds
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:24 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I heard he was on & off meds

There were reports saying that he possibly didn't take his meds the way he was supposed to. But who knows for sure.

But he had the right levels in his system at the time of his death, or so the autopsy report said.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if he was off 1 day before for example why did he decide to take them on exactly on the day of the shooting ?
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if he was off 1 day before for example why did he decide to take them on exactly on the day of the shooting ?

Who knows if he did take it that day or not. Either way I'm sure it would take a couple of days to fully flush out of his body. All the report said was that he had therapeutic levels in his system at the time.
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm

Do you think he took his medication because he suffered from his anger, because he knew his anger could be bad for others or simply because his parents wanted him to do so?
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 7:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] good question!
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:02 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:

Did he say something about taking his meds in his journal like people don’t want me to think the way I think

Last edited by Screamingophelia on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

Did he say something about taking his meds and his journal like people don’t want me to think the way I think

Yes, I think he did, but still he could probably chose not to take his medication if he wanted.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Neah wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Rebbie556 wrote:

Did he say something about taking his meds and his journal like people don’t want me to think the way I think

Yes, I think he did, but still he could probably chose not to take his medication if he wanted.

He and Dylan both talk about thinking too much and being looked at as strange for their thoughts

Maybe that’s another reason Dylan felt like he didn’t need counseling. He was afraid he’d have to go on meds and become a zombie?
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 1:07 am

Rebbie556 wrote:

Yeah Brooks said that at one point. Not sure if I believe him 100% but fuck man, it sound exactly like what Eric would do. Not hard to believe.

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2018 5:09 am

Screamingophelia wrote:

He and Dylan both talk about thinking too much and being looked at as strange for their thoughts

Maybe that’s another reason Dylan felt like he didn’t need counseling. He was afraid he’d have to go on meds and become a zombie?

Yes, and yet, unlike with Eric, for Dylan thinking seems to be more an affliction than a gift.

Dylan Klebold wrote:
Fact: People are so unaware.... well, Ignorance is bliss I guess.... that would explain my depression.
Quote :
I think a lot. Think ... think ... that’s all my life is, just shitloads of thinking ... all the time ... my mind never stops ...
Quote :
I think, too much, I understand, I am GOD compared to some of those un-existable brainless zombies.
Quote :
Goodbye, sorry to everyone ... I just can’t take it ... all the thoughts ... too many ... make my head twist ... I must have happiness, love, peace. Goodbye
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your thoughts?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts?    Your thoughts?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1