Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's family

Go down 
+2
JayT
Sabratha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
novaprospekt

novaprospekt

Contribution Points : 60280
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 2:09 am

Anybody got any information about Eric's family after the tragedy? I find it really strange that they remain silent about it even to this day. I haven't heard anything from his parents or Eric's brother.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 4:35 am

novaprospekt wrote:
Anybody got any information about Eric's family after the tragedy? I find it really strange that they remain silent about it even to this day. I haven't heard anything from his parents or Eric's brother.

They were under more flak than the Klebolds, especially after the release of Brown's book. I think they decided that the best thing to do is not to get involved and avoid publicity.

I'm not sure this is the best strategy, but I understand their reasoning. What is done is done, they will not bring Eric and the other 14 people back to life. They now want to limit the negative impact on the other family members, especially Kevin and his family.

Again, I can't blame them.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:14 am

The Harris family was very private even before the attack, and became more so afterwards. They have never publicly spoken about Eric or his involvement in what happened. The ONLY thing we will likely ever get from Eric's family will come from the court depositions that are supposedly going to be released in a few more years.

There is some speculation on the exact date of the release. Some say they are set for release in 2023, while others think it will be 2027. Who knows. scratch  

Either way, I eagerly wait.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57301

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 9:41 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The Harris family was very private even before the attack, and became more so afterwards. They have never publicly spoken about Eric or his involvement in what happened. The ONLY thing we will likely ever get from the Eric's family will come from the court depositions that are supposedly going to be released in a few more years.

There is some speculation on the exact date of the release. Some say they are set for release in 2023, while others think it will be 2027. Who knows. scratch  

Agreed
Back to top Go down

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:04 am

JayT wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
The Harris family was very private even before the attack, and became more so afterwards. They have never publicly spoken about Eric or his involvement in what happened. The ONLY thing we will likely ever get from Eric's family will come from the court depositions that are supposedly going to be released in a few more years.

Agreed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  On which part? The depositions being the only thing heard from the Harris family, OR eagerly waiting for it? Haha
Back to top Go down
JayT

JayT

Contribution Points : 57301

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
JayT wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Agreed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  On which part? The depositions being the only thing heard from the Harris family, OR eagerly waiting for it? Haha

All three! pirat
Back to top Go down
novaprospekt

novaprospekt

Contribution Points : 60280

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:

There is some speculation on the exact date of the release. Some say they are set for release in 2023, while others think it will be 2027. Who knows. [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Why is the wait so long?
Back to top Go down

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:28 pm

novaprospekt wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

There is some speculation on the exact date of the release. Some say they are set for release in 2023, while others think it will be 2027. Who knows. [smiley][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  

Why is the wait so long?

Long story short. The records were ordered sealed for 20+ years.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Somehow I doubt we will learn anything of great importance for the case in those depositions.

Its going to be like the JFK files that Trump released. Everyone was hyped because "sinc ethey held them so long this must be really big stuff" and then turned out there was nothing interesting there.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96299
Forum Reputation : 1190

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:50 pm

I don't really think so much about the interesting things in there. Just that it is going to be something new. It may rehash old information that we all already know, but it is still new. And i will still read every page

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
 It may rehash old information that we all already know, but it is still new.  And i will still read every page

Agreed! I just want to hear something straight from the Harris's themselves. Since all we've ever really had in that regard was speculation.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92156
Forum Reputation : 225

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 6:26 pm

2027? His parents have to live until that year
I don't think they will have the strength to speak about that event.
They will be almost 80 in 2027.
But I put my cents on Kev.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:51 pm

novaprospekt wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Why is the wait so long?

The court decided to be an arbitrary dick. 

Not even joking, there was no practical reason to seal those records for twenty years.

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:35 am

Rebbie556 wrote:
2027? His parents have to live until that year
I don't think they will have the strength to speak about that event.
They will be almost 80 in 2027.
But I put my cents on Kev.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  The way you worded this comment makes me think you may be under the impression that they are waiting until 2023/2027 to give their statements. scratch

If so that's not the case. This all happened back in 2003 during a lawsuit filed by some of the victim's families. Both sets of parents were interviewed. Then a seal was placed on everything. Their testimonies from that 2003 lawsuit is what will be released.
Back to top Go down
Rebbie556

Contribution Points : 92156
Forum Reputation : 225

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they were Interviewed already?
Back to top Go down

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:16 pm

Rebbie556 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] they were Interviewed already?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Yes.  The court depositions set to be released are from way back in 2003. That was the ONLY time the Harris family spoke about the attack.
Back to top Go down

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 6:18 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
novaprospekt wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Why is the wait so long?

The court decided to be an arbitrary dick. 

Not even joking, there was no practical reason to seal those records for twenty years.

To true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eric's family Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's family   Eric's family Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric's family
Page 1 of 1