Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

New book alert

Go down 
AuthorMessage
23september

Contribution Points : 13595

PostSubject: New book alert   Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:54 pm

Can't remember anyone posting about this but there's a new book coming out called Columbine, 20 Years Later and Beyond: Lessons from Tragedy,

Description:

In their newest collaboration, Jaclyn and co-author Glenn W. Muschert will provide a critical retrospective of the 1999 Columbine High School shootings as the 20th anniversary approaches. Columbine was a watershed event that changed the way America views mass shootings, both in and out of schools. In this book, the authors will consider Columbine's impact on public opinion about mass shootings, school security, law enforcement practices, threat assessment, legislation, and more. In addition to considering the changes made in the past 20 years since the shooting, the authors also offer consideration of how the nation continues to move forward as we surpass this milestone anniversary.

All royalties from this project will be donated to the Columbine Memorial Foundation. Visit their website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to learn more about this organization or to contribute to maintaining this memorial site.

Link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sounds interesting, not just focused on the motive and what lead up to it but aftermath as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 58164

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Hell I'll read anything new on Columbine at this point. Smile

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 26182

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I'm right there with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 57391

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 pm

How many minutes until the depositions?

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here now????

In all seriousness I think it’ll be an interesting book.

I have half of mid just to write a film based on a mothers reckoning and see if I could sell it to a production company. Just so we can have something different ;)

thelmar

Contribution Points : 5715

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 pm

The approach sounds interesting, detailing how Columbine has influenced the public response and legislation/handling of mass shootings. Always happy to have a different perspective weigh in on this event.
I see the Foreword is by Frank DeAngelis, which will not be so enlightening, IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
23september

Contribution Points : 13595

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here now????

I have half of mid just to write a film based on a mothers reckoning and see if I could sell it to a production company. Just so we can have something different ;)

that honestly sounds like a great idea :O, I don't know how it could turn out if it was made into an acting one, but a documentary about Sue sounds real interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ShadowedGoddess
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 58164

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:36 am

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here now????

BAHAHAHAHAH! Roll

-Unknown

My heart has been so badly broken and mended again. Stronger than ever because of its dreadful wounds that I thought it could never break again. But at the sight of his face, at the knowledge that he was taking his leave forever, beyond death, it shattered.
                                                                                                                                                                                -Jeanne Kalogridis

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.
           -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Chatroom Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 57391

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:46 am

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here yet?

Are they here now????

that honestly sounds like a great idea :O, I don't know how it could turn out if it was made into an acting one, but a documentary about Sue sounds real interesting.

A documentary does sound interesting because you're right, the acting in a movie like that may not be great to say the least...

Though Dawn Anna wasn't too bad. I think the actress who played Lauren's mom won an award for her performance.

hvernon

Contribution Points : 18382

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:28 pm

Well, I'll read it of course. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Cullen's book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar

Contribution Points : 5715

PostSubject: Re: New book alert   Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:12 am

Found this, but there is no listed date of release beyond saying "2019" and it's not on Amazon yet like the other one so don't know when it's coming out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I pre-ordered the Columbine 20 Years Later book; am looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

New book alert
Page 1 of 1