Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If you could turn back time?

Go down 
+14
mrc123
Mj2beat
rik75
Wideawake
tragedy79
deathmedic
Jenn
em81
JDM87
lastmealpotatoskins
Z_Splatter
Thookies2013
tfsa47090
areyoulistening
18 posters
AuthorMessage
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101797
Forum Reputation : 0

If you could turn back time? Empty
PostSubject: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Say you had a TARDIS and could go back in time, what is one thing that you'd change about that day?

Changing Eric or/and Dylans minds isn't an option. You also have no control over how many people they kill. You only have your voice and actions.

Would you warn someone before hand? A certain victim? Police? Parents? What would you do to even slightly change the outcome of that day given the chance? What one thing breaks your heart the most that you wish you could change?

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 8:42 pm

Notify Judy Brown and let her know to warn everybody - both parents, the school, the cops. I figure this one woman could do it single handedly.
She's quite the whistle blower. ;) Dylan's mom would then intercept him before he left.  Eric's parents wouldn't have taken off for work.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 101038
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:36 am

InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Notify Judy Brown and let her know to warn everybody - both parents, the school, the cops. I figure this one woman could do it single handedly.
She's quite the whistle blower. ;) Dylan's mom would then intercept him before he left.  Eric's parents wouldn't have taken off for work.

I think that is an incredible plan that would have worked wonders, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Thookies2013

Contribution Points : 99360

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:03 am

Call in a bomb threat, that would fuck up Erics allready ill thought plans
Back to top Go down
Thookies2013

Contribution Points : 99360

PostSubject: Keep Judy Brown outta this one....thats why police never took her serious . she cried wolf tooooooo many times   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:04 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Keep Judy Brown outta this one....thats why police never took her serious . she cried wolf tooooooo many times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:31 am

Thookies2013 wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
InFiNiNcEX5 wrote:
Keep Judy Brown outta this one....thats why police never took her serious . she cried wolf tooooooo many times
Err, the operative word here is never, as in, the police never took anything seriously, let alone Judy Brown.  At least she attempted to be proactive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 am

Quote :
Changing Eric or/and Dylans minds isn't an option. You also have no control over how many people they kill. You only have your voice and actions.
If this is not an option, I see no sense in warning someone or similar things.
I would travel back to moments, who are interesting to me to know. Like the moment, when Eric and Dylan first met, or watching the January incident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:52 am

I'd hide out in that area next to the West Entrance doors where Rachel and Richard were. Something just doesn't add up as oppose to the accounts of the outside events. I wouldn't stop or change anything, but I want to know what exactly
Back to top Go down
Z_Splatter

Contribution Points : 97361

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Sounds Kind of morbid, but I would want to see and hear what E & D said/did once they returned to the library to kill themselves. So many questions about how exactly it all went down.
Back to top Go down
lastmealpotatoskins

lastmealpotatoskins

Contribution Points : 99327

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:40 pm

wanna be in the lunch room to see them place the duffel bags down

Contribution Points : 101606

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:23 pm

I know it sounds macabre and extremely disturbing, but I would like to have seen the library murders. Not because I want to see innocent kids getting their heads blown off, but to see the state in which D+E were in, what they said, etc.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:06 pm

JDM87 wrote:
I know it sounds macabre and extremely disturbing, but I would like to have seen the library murders. Not because I want to see innocent kids getting their heads blown off, but to see the state in which D+E were in, what they said, etc.

I think I understand exactly what you mean by this.

I think I would as well, but personally, I would want all of the victims' screams and other sounds removed, and I would want the victims to be entirely pixelated or completely blurred. I could not cope with watching and listening to them actually being murdered and injured.

BUT, I WOULD want to see Dylan and Eric's overall demeanors, facial expressions and their eyes, and I would definitely want to listen to what they were saying to see how removed they actually were from what they were doing. Because despite everything they said, thought, wrote, and ultimately did, I genuinely believe that they ended up ENTIRELY turning themselves "off" to do this.

I believe that Dylan's whooping and laughing was at least in part (if not ENTIRELY) a hysterical reaction to what he was doing. Different snippets that I have learned about regarding things Eric did, and they way he did them sound like a total disconnect from his own being.

In the "Lost Boys" documentary, a young woman named Heidi (I believe) said it was so creepy not only because they were actually doing what they were doing, but because they were "not there" and "blank" (or something to that effect). The way Bree Pasquale describes her exchange with Eric seems to me like he was almost in a robotic, otherworldly...just disconnected state of being. The exchange between the both of them and John Savage gives me that impression, as well; both Eric's "Identify yourself." statement, and Dylan's "Oh, just killing people..." response to Savage.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101224
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Sometimes I think they wanted to think that it is only a game. So it is easier to kill, you know.

I don´t know what I would do. If I could not change their, that was my wish. Maybe I would warn Susan Klebold.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118758
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:51 pm

tfsa47090 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

I think I would as well, but personally, I would want all of the victims' screams and other sounds removed, and I would want the victims to be entirely pixelated or completely blurred. I could not cope with watching and listening to them actually being murdered and injured.

BUT, I WOULD want to see Dylan and Eric's overall demeanors, facial expressions and their eyes, and I would definitely want to listen to what they were saying to see how removed they actually were from what they were doing. Because despite everything they said, thought, wrote, and ultimately did, I genuinely believe that they ended up ENTIRELY turning themselves "off" to do this.

I believe that Dylan's whooping and laughing was at least in part (if not ENTIRELY) a hysterical reaction to what he was doing. Different snippets that I have learned about regarding things Eric did, and they way he did them sound like a total disconnect from his own being.

In the "Lost Boys" documentary, a young woman named Heidi (I believe) said it was so creepy not only because they were actually doing what they were doing, but because they were "not there" and "blank" (or something to that effect). The way Bree Pasquale describes her exchange with Eric seems to me like he was almost in a robotic, otherworldly...just disconnected state of being. The exchange between the both of them and John Savage gives me that impression, as well; both Eric's "Identify yourself." statement, and Dylan's "Oh, just killing people..." response to Savage.
Would either of you want to watch Dylan and Eric commit suicide?

Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:12 am

Jenn wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

I think perhaps I would want to watch right up to the point they were about to do it to see if they were mentally "there", just like with everything else that they did that day. I am wondering if they "came back to reality" right before they did it, or if they were still in another dimension. I also could not cope with actually seeing them do it, though. No way.

I also want to clarify what I mean by the term "hysterical reaction" regarding Dylan in my earlier post in this thread.

From what I understand it to mean, sometimes when someone is dealing with something, or doing something that they are not remotely prepared for mentally, physically, spiritually, etc. they will have a reaction that is utterly out of context with the situation and behavior.

For example on a small scale, if someone lifts something that is way too heavy for them they might "laugh" at the pain because it is so shocking (many of us have probably done this....I don't quite know how to describe it).

On a larger scale, there are instances when someone finds out that a loved one has been seriously hurt or injured, or that they have passed away, and they go "oh....hahahahahaha!!!!!", or something because they simply don't have a remote understanding about how to process what they have just been told. Sometimes this can happen at a wake or funeral, too. They may just stand there bug eyed, trying to make jokes about something else, or may laugh. In no way do they find the situation funny in the slightest capacity, but their psyche just has no other way to react...if that makes any sense.

That is what I meant about Dylan having a "hysterical reaction" to what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:46 am

Jenn wrote:
No, definitely not. Shocked Although I would've liked to have see their bodies before being checked for booby traps, in the original positions. It would end a lot of ineffable questions, such as whether Eric shot Dylan or vice versa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:50 am

JDM87 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
No, definitely not. Shocked Although I would've liked to have see their bodies before being checked for booby traps, in the original positions. It would end a lot of ineffable questions, such as whether Eric shot Dylan or vice versa.
Of course seeing their bodies just after they shot themselves is more morally reprehensible. Them shooting each other has no bearing on the actual massacre as they were both perpetrators. That is a theory that doesn't pertain to the deaths of the 13 other children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 am

JDM87 wrote:
I actually want to see the library massacre too; I wanna see it right up to the point where they kill themselves. I want to know how everything went down, honestly. I wonder if they were lying about the library surveillance camera and kept the footage locked in the evidence vault? Now that would be something to leak aside from the basement tapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:27 am

I dont think, I would have a problem with watching their suicides. I dont know, why I think this, but the fact that they choosed to do this, would reduce my fright. I also have seen videos of real suicides before and although they were not as bloody as Erics suicide, they did not really shock me. It mostly looked unreal, like in a movie.

In case of the victims, it would be different. I think, there are two possibilities: either watching the murderers would also feel very unreal, because I would be completely dissociated from the events. Or it would just give me a lot of horrific feelings, shock me and make me feel ashamed and guilty about my fascination for this case.

Quote :

To my knowledge, what you describe here is a psychological phenomenon,  what is actually linked to rampage killings: Dissociation. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are in fact a lot of hints, that dissociation plays a part in these kind of crimes:

- In most or at least a lot of cases, the Rampage is the first violent act, that the shooter commits in his life. But in nearly zero cases, the killer stops his actions after the potential shocking impression of his first kill.

- A lot of surviving shooters, describe that during the shooting, they had a feeling of dream-likeness and unreality. (Michael Carneal for example: "It was like in a dream and then I woke up")

- Some shooters claim that they have no or just fragmentary memories of their killings. (Again Michael Carneal, who later said, that he can barely remember the shooting, Luke Woodham, who in court claimed to have no memories of killing his mother, Mitchell Johnson, who claimed, that after he fired the first shot, he cant remember anything of the shooting...) This amnesia is especially a common part of the Amok phenomenon in Indonesia and Malaysia, where in nearly every case, the killer claims to have no memories of his acts.

- And last but not least, the DSM calls Amok a dissociative disorder.

Last edited by Hale-Bopp on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101849
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:59 pm

I would love to be able to "live" though them.... Like take over their bodies (although I would not be able to change everything) I would just like to almost ride "Shotgun" and be able to see what they saw and heard, along with their personal thought going on. I would like to see the final 24 hours from both of their points of view.
Back to top Go down
tragedy79

Contribution Points : 101995

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm

deathmedic wrote:
I would love to be able to "live" though them.... Like take over their bodies (although I would not be able to change everything) I would just like to almost ride "Shotgun" and be able to see what they saw and heard, along with their personal thought going on. I would like to see the final 24 hours from both of their points of view.
You really would love this? Being in their bodies and not being able to stop them from killing those kids?

I would feel helpless and awfull and I probably would have ended up with a hell of a PTSS.
Sure, I get that you are just as curious about what actually happened that day as the rest of us, but I would have prefered to found out some other way. But whatever floats your boat:) 

Contribution Points : 101849
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:02 am

Ha... I knew it would be misinterpreted by someone after all it is the interwebz...
No I would love to know what was going on in their minds, hear their thoughts see what they saw. Reread the OP he said "Changing Eric or/and Dylans minds isn't an option. You also have no control over how many people they kill." So with that said this is how I would want to view it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Changing my answer:

Someone already mentioned it, but I would go back to the Library from 12pm to their suicides...I'm sorry but those 5-10 minutes will forever have us in question.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101776

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 pm

While we're mentioning things we'd like to watch, I would like to see what happened on the morning of 4/20 before the shooting. What were they REALLY doing in all that time? Which places that witnesses claimed to see them did they really go to?
Back to top Go down
JDM87

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 am

The third shooter theory, also could be laid to rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:56 pm

Speaking of, I was watching the Evan Long video and his interview last night...
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101224
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 8:06 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Speaking of, I was watching the Evan Long video and his interview last night...
which video? I don´t think that there was a third shooter.
Back to top Go down
rik75

Contribution Points : 97043
Forum Reputation : 50

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:34 am

Jenn wrote:
tfsa47090 wrote:
JDM87 wrote:

I couldn't watch the library murders or E&D's suicide. I couldn't stand by watch all that incredible violence (inside the same room) If all the deaths were caught on CCTV and were available to view ,i think i would (maybe) watch them. We have all seen CCTV footage about people being beaten up and killed ,etc. I found viewing those types of images very disturbing and yet ,i can talk about it quite freely?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 95054
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 am

I feel that no one would believe me at all if I go a notify about what is about to happen and nothing would stop them either, so if I turn back in time, I would like to go to the library in the moment of their suicides. How everything went down, what they did or said seconds before they shot themselvs and if they saw before that moment, all the death bodies around them.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97642

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:44 pm

I would want to either get the kids out of the library through the emergency exit (the one most of them eventually escaped from) or get them all locked in the room where Brian Anderson and a few others hid. Anything, but for them to be sitting ducks under the tables.
Back to top Go down
Yumeko-chan

Contribution Points : 105340
Forum Reputation : 102

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 am

All right, I guess I better jump in here.

There was no third shooter, period. I saw TWO guys, that's it.

Also, to mrc123: The emergency exit leads right out to the hill where they started at. Might not have been a good idea. Plus I think we (and Mrs. Neilson) might've been in much too shock to even remember it was there at first.
Back to top Go down
mrc123

Contribution Points : 97642

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Yumeko-chan, thank you so much again for your insights on this board. I guess what I meant is that if I were transported back in time and had the knowledge we have today, I would have tried to get everyone out the library's emergency exit. I understand though that in the moment, that would not have seemed like a good option. I don't fault anyone (Patty Nielson) for the decisions they made in those horrific circumstances.
On a personal note, I hope things are going better for you. A few months ago you mentioned that you were going through a difficult time.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:58 am

Call my comrades and the moment we see the boys arrive at school we'd jump them and hog-tie them.

Yes I'm serious

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96149
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 am

I don't know. I would try to inform people of what was going to go on. I would rather go back to way before like to when they got the guns and yell at the 2 sets of parents and show them the arsenal.

If I was to go back to the 20 I am not sure what i would do. PUll the fire alarm? Alert the cops earlier? IDK

aquillina

Contribution Points : 73348

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 12:08 pm

First of all I would try to alert the parents, principal DeAngealis, JeffCo Police Department, and maybe the whole town. But I doubt a single one of them would even listen to me.

PostSubject: Re: If you could turn back time?   If you could turn back time? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could turn back time?
Page 1 of 1