Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?

Go down 
+10
Rosie1756
joaingo
QuestionMark
Sabratha
Smiggles94
sscc
Unknown
UncontinuedProcess
VoDKaComeHere
nukethemnoobs
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60140
Forum Reputation : 25

How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 8:22 pm

sscc wrote:
Ziamber II wrote:
He probably never drove anywhere though, except for the recon mission the day before.
It's a myth that Adam never left his house. It would probably be more accurate to say that he went through periods where he went out regularly (regularly for someone who doesn't go out much, not regularly for someone who has a typical life, with a job or attending school and spending lots of time with friends) and other periods where he rarely left or didn't leave the house at all.

There are GPS records in the Sandy Hook documents that tracked his trips away from home so we have an idea of the (minimum) number of trips that Adam took between his last birthday on April 23, 2012 and December 13, 2012. We can't say for certain that these represent every trip he took in this time frame because he didn't bring the GPS with him on the day of his death so we know that he was capable of navigating on his own.

For the first couple of months (through May and June of 2012), Adam logged a trip about once or twice a week. After that, he cut off contact with his only real life friend and went through a long period of barely leaving home at all (if we rely on the GPS data for confirmation). He logged one trip in July and one in early August and then there were no more GPS records for about three and a half months. This lines up with his mother's statement that Adam locked himself in his room for three months over the summer of 2012, which is why I believe that the GPS records are a generally reliable gauge of his driving activity. Nancy was very worried about Adam during this period of time though, so I would suggest that this may have been one of the longest periods of withdrawal.

There were only two trips after that, including one in November and one on the day before his massacre.

We also know that he was driving regularly before that. He was going to the theater in Danbury from at least early 2011. He had gained the nickname "DDR Guy," and was recognizable to those who frequented the theater, by April 2011. Adam was playing DDR with a couple of other people for hours every weekend for most of that year, starting with DDR sessions that were about four hours long and later in the summer, increasing these sessions to eight or ten hours at a time. We know for certain that there was another one of these periods of withdrawal, which happened toward the end of 2011. An employee at the theater said that there was a snowstorm and he didn't see Adam for about a month. When he came back in February of the next year, he no longer played DDR with others. Based on witnesses from the theater, we can assume that he was driving to the theater every weekend (Friday through Sunday) for some of 2012, most or all of 2011 and maybe in late 2010, aside from the periods when he did not leave his house.

In short, Adam had a lot of experience with driving. cyclops

His birthday was the 22nd.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Neah wrote:
Halcyon666 wrote:
Neah wrote:
This is a trivial detail but, out of curiosity, since Adam often went to the theater to play DDR and seemed to like watching movies, do we know if he also watched movies at the theater from time to time?
He watched a movie called Chimpanzee (could be wrong, maybe it's another movie).
I wouldn't be surprised, Chimpanzee suits him perfectly.
I also want to add (looking back on my post about Adam's driving habits, it doesn't seem clear) that not all of the trips that I mentioned were trips to the Danbury theater. I'm not sure if I made it confusing by writing the second paragraph, which was strictly about Adam's visits to the theater since we have no concrete records before 2012. If you want to read an in-depth analysis of all of the recorded trips, you can check out Reed Coleman's blog.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This also explains why Coleman thinks that he may have watched the movie Chimpanzee so it would serve more than one purpose to read it. It's not confirmed that he watched this movie in a theater but it's a possibility.

In terms of watching movies at theaters, his friend specifically mentioned that they drove to a Bedford, NY theater to watch a documentary on circuses but it's likely that they did go to movies together on occasion because he also talked about watching horror movies with Adam. He said that they watched the remake of The Thing together. This movie came out in 2011, so it's possible that they watched it together at the theater. It's also possible that they watched it together at the friend's house because the statement suggests that they watched and discussed several older movies together (including the original The Thing). They probably also watched some of the films on Adam's list of favorites because he mentioned that Adam preferred psychological horror to gory and violent "mainstream" horror and also said that Adam liked older B-movies but he didn't offer any more specifics aside from Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

anna444 and Kłléyn: Lord of Utero like this post

Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 9:21 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
sscc wrote:
There are GPS records in the Sandy Hook documents that tracked his trips away from home so we have an idea of the (minimum) number of trips that Adam took between his last birthday on April 23, 2012 and December 13, 2012. We can't say for certain that these represent every trip he took in this time frame because he didn't bring the GPS with him on the day of his death so we know that he was capable of navigating on his own.
Yes, I edited that part and I kind of misstated what I was trying to say by leaving out some words. The first trip recorded on his GPS was the day after his last birthday and the final trip was recorded the day before his death, meaning that each trip logged was between the day of his last birthday and the day of his death. I thought it might be relevant that the GPS was cleared that day, which is why I mentioned it. But thanks for letting me know what day his birthday was. What a Face

Smiggles94 wrote:
But he would settle for hunter gatherer lmaoo
Laughing

Kłléyn: Lord of Utero likes this post

Back to top Go down
VoDKaComeHere

Contribution Points : 60140
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 10:42 pm

sscc wrote:
VoDKaComeHere wrote:
sscc wrote:
Yes, I edited that part and I kind of misstated what I was trying to say by leaving out some words. The first trip recorded on his GPS was the day after his last birthday and the final trip was recorded the day before his death, meaning that each trip logged was between the day of his last birthday and the day of his death. I thought it might be relevant that the GPS was cleared that day, which is why I mentioned it. But thanks for letting me know what day his birthday was. What a Face
Figured I had to, since you go out of your way to correct everyone else. And no need to thank me, just don't misstate yourself next time like a moron and I won't have to. It's even better when a moron is sarcastic and rude like you.

Smiggles94 wrote:
But he would settle for hunter gatherer lmaoo
Laughing
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:07 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:
Figured I had to, since you go out of your way to correct everyone else. And no need to thank me, just don't misstate yourself next time like a moron and I won't have to. It's even better when a moron is sarcastic and rude like you.
Grow up.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120378
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 pm

VoDKaComeHere wrote:

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 2:24 am

I have no doubt in my mind that Adam considered the high school he used to go to as a potential target for his attack. He also knew however that it would be far harder for a mass shooting to be as deadly or succeed for him if he chose the high school since the high schoolers would be more likely to fight back or run instead of cower.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70674
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 10:04 am

I think he wouldn’t of done a highschool as he wanted to shock by doing children and rebel against what normal society would find sickening
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:
I think he wouldn’t of done a highschool as he wanted to shock by doing children and rebel against what normal society would find sickening

I don't think he had such a clear and ideological motive. I think the only purpose was to murder, even though he had an opinion on society, and then he made decisions to make his plan easier, not to spread a message.
Back to top Go down
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 70674
Forum Reputation : 28

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

I don't think he had such a clear and ideological motive. I think the only purpose was to murder, even though he had an opinion on society, and then he made decisions to make his plan easier, not to spread a message.

Nah I personally think he ot a kick out of being repulsive and rebelled against the concept of society and what was deemed the worst crime possible on a big scale

anna444 and Kłléyn: Lord of Utero like this post

Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97590
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

Nah I personally think he ot a kick out of being repulsive and rebelled against the concept of society and what was deemed the worst crime possible on a big scale

I think Adam identified with one of the characters in my film. A guy who wanted to be happy and normal like others in the "outside" world, but couldn't. His anger and frustration grew until he saw suicide as the way out. A sad end to a sad life - deep down that's what it was to him.

The muder for him was, to borrow an expression from Milan Kundera "a categorical disagreement with being" (even though Adam would probably not use these terms to describe it).

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

I think Adam identified with one of the characters in my film. 

Did Adam even watch your film?

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 4:05 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

He did, he posted about it on SBB, here's one where he praises it. You can find the other ones on here:

"For anyone who doesn't know, Sabratha (a member who used to post here) was part of a group which created an excellent school shooting movie."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Smiggles94 wrote:

I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 12:35 am

Halcyon666 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

He did, he posted about it on SBB, here's one where he praises it. You can find the other ones on here:

"For anyone who doesn't know, Sabratha (a member who used to post here) was part of a group which created an excellent school shooting movie."

Well, I'm not sure what the appropriate response here should be. I want to congratulate Sabratha for making a school shooting movie so well that a real life shooter considered it "excellent", but I think that might not be a good thing to say, so I think all I'm going to do is apologize for doubting them.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 12:50 am

Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

I think Adam identified with one of the characters in my film. A guy who wanted to be happy and normal like others in the "outside" world, but couldn't. His anger and frustration grew until he saw suicide as the way out. A sad end to a sad life - deep down that's what it was to him.

The muder for him was, to borrow an expression from Milan Kundera "a categorical disagreement with being" (even though Adam would probably not use these terms to describe it).

What film?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 1:23 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Halcyon666 wrote:
QuestionMark wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

Well, I'm not sure what the appropriate response here should be. I want to congratulate Sabratha for making a school shooting movie so well that a real life shooter considered it "excellent", but I think that might not be a good thing to say, so I think all I'm going to do is apologize for doubting them.

I actually agree with you, that is quite an accomplishment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 1:24 am

TheOne99 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

What film?

Bullet Time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 3:37 am

Halcyon666 wrote:
TheOne99 wrote:
Sabratha wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:
Neah wrote:
Smiggles94 wrote:

What film?

Bullet Time
Holy shit, I didn't know she made it, I always thought she just liked it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 4:38 am

QuestionMark wrote:

I had the exact same reaction, I wanted to reply but when in doubt, I preferred to say nothing, also because I don't know how Sabratha is with Adam having liked and praised her movie. I still have to watch this movie, it seems great!
Back to top Go down
joaingo

Contribution Points : 14741
Forum Reputation : 27

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2022 2:39 am

I think that his kill amount wouldve very well decreased in number only because running highschoolers would be harder to shoot at than little kids who stay put in the corners of a classroom. He wouldve probably be quieter aswell since the "power" he had over children wouldve been higher than kids who appeared bigger and tougher than him but that would depend on the person and their ego.

QuestionMark, anna444, Kwasi, RickMaster, alesanagoon and Kłléyn: Lord of Utero like this post

Back to top Go down
Rosie1756

Rosie1756

Contribution Points : 15746
Forum Reputation : 227

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 4:43 pm

A class of 16 -17 olds could have tried to jump him whilst trying to reload, he would have probably have half the amount of victims as a result.

Or he might have suffered the same fate as William Atchison. santa

Back to top Go down
Arano

Arano

Contribution Points : 7399
Forum Reputation : 297

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 12:08 am

3 football players would've bashed his head in with a chair-NOT GOOD
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Arano on Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

QuestionMark, ANOMIC, NEXT STEP UP, tellecat, Йозеф Геббельс, SuperspooksteR, Kwasi and like this post

Back to top Go down
TheGoodChief

TheGoodChief

Contribution Points : 14224
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 1:16 am

He would have very few kills and would probably be forgotten by the public

Back to top Go down
Kłléyn: Lord of Utero

Kłléyn: Lord of Utero

Contribution Points : 11139
Forum Reputation : 746

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 3:42 am

I think, just to be concise and not ramble on about Adam Lanza, I’d say simply: it would’ve been far worse. Like, sub-ten kills worse. It’s important to remember that he wasn’t the typical deadly school shooter type. He wanted to be, I’m pretty sure, but he wasn’t. He was a tall, anorexic freak, not a reasonably handsome, but still short and malnourished gunman like Eric, Cruz or Cho. He knew what his skillsets in the career of mass murder were. He made one of the best—relative to his position in the world—tactical decisions to target the elementary school that I’ve ever seen. That’s why he got so many. It was logically perfect. He didn’t know how to use explosives or anything like that, but he was trained with weapons from a young age, and surely had an acceptable memory for the location he was targeting, considering the fact that he didn’t go to any other place of education nearly as much as he went to Sandy Hook. This was combined with the motivation of pedophilia mixed with the other ideological and guerrilla reasons for targeting an early grade school. Including, I’ll again stress, women and children… very easy targets for an armed young man, even the schizo psycho he was, walking with a gait. Not inherently women, I should clarify, but definitely ones in the context of teaching young children. Just generally, that whole situation is easier to handle, as others in this thread have mentioned. You know, the children are cowering; under desks, in bathrooms, whatever. And the teachers sure don’t know how to handle the situation of a 20 year old misanthrope in camo aiming an AR at 5-10 year olds. They were probably paralyzed and traumatized themselves. Now… compare this societally, subjectively monstrous situation where the perpetrator has all the control, to something that is much more likely to be a shitshow: High School and College shootings. Rarely successful, and comparably done much more often than young kids—though it is more common now than it was when Adam first brought kid massacres to notoriety in the modern age—; even high school shootings, which you’d, you know, expect an armed man in, to be instant win, are much more well guarded to the point where you honestly have to respect the bravery of the perpetrator in comparison to other targets they could have, (considering of course the fact that most of the time they don’t target high schools for any logistical reason). Now, Adam Lanza in this context—all I’m really saying, because I do seem to have ended up going off topic a bit—would get fucked. Hard. I can’t even imagine him doing one targeting high school brats that would succeed relatively in getting away or putting him down, because it’s just not Adam’s… destiny…? I do apologize for using that term, but it’s true. He fits perfectly massacring children. His personality. His logical nature. His tributing to school shootings in general, (in a different way than others in the shooting religion), and just in general. All in all, I’m being incoherent, but what I’m trying to say is that Lanza was 100%, not gonna shoot up a high school. He wouldn’t have. He shouldn’t have. He didn’t. And he knew it. And so we have a bathroom of dead kids and a little girl saying all her friends are dead, and not a March for our Lives full of a bunch of fucks and a motherfucker ranting and raving at Lanza as he stares forward in a Connecticut courtroom for shooting up Newtown High. All mass murderers choose their locations well and relevantly to themself, I’d argue wholeheartedly, but Adam Lanza more than most, was meant to kill kids. (Sorry, reading this back, I don’t seem to really have even answered the metaphorical/literal prompt. I just did exactly what I said I wouldn’t beginning to type it. Either way. Who cares).

Engel and alesanagoon like this post

Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 42783
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2023 7:43 pm

I feel like he'd be able to get around 10 or 12 frags before either offing himself or being arrested.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?    How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you think Adam would have done if he instead shot up a high school?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next