Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4/20 Time Travel

Go down 
+6
Sabratha
Screamingophelia
QuestionMark
Lunkhead McGrath
katherinex
Jollyhelpful
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 66244
Forum Reputation : 70

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 1:57 am

If you could go back in time to the morning of 4/20/99: who would you speak to?
I would talk to Eric, Even at that point I feel like I may be able to talk him out of bombing the school; I would try to prove to him that what you experience in high school is a drop in the hat;comparatively speaking, to the rest of your life Don't worry about them and focus on High School bullies.

Last edited by Jollyhelpful on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 2:45 am

I would have told them of Martin Bryant's achievements in Tasmania, that would probably put their NBK plans back on track, even if the bombs failed like they did.
Back to top Go down
katherinex

Contribution Points : 62011
Forum Reputation : 125

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:48 am

Knowing what we all know now would anyone go back and talk to the victim's and try to gently push them away from where they spend their last moments. Perhaps suggest somewhere else to hang out?

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193357
Forum Reputation : 1317

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am

If I knew I would probably call the police or try to speak with a teacher or principal. Regardless if I was friends with E and D I would try to speak to an adult. I know Nate had said he wasn't worried because the adults weren't. I would try my best to make them listen.

I don't know which of the 13 I would speak to or try to save, because it would be almost like I was choosing who was "worthy" but maybe Kelly or Lauren I would like to talk to. Maybe tell Rachel if she goes to school she is going to be turned into a martyr and no one will truly know HER and there would be an awful movie made about her, so she should stay home.

Between E and D I think Eric would be easier to sway. I think Dylan was pretty gone by that morning. I would love to think someone could sway Dylan, but I think even if his mom and dad tried to tackle him while he was leaving and talk to him, he would have found a way to go to the school that day.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 10:51 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:
I would try to prove to him that what you experience in high school is a drop in the hat;comparatively speaking, to the rest of your life Don't worry about them and focus on High School bullies.

Well then he's going to laugh in your face and the plan is going to proceed anyways. Why? Because, quite frankly, Eric didn't care about the rest of his life. The thought of becoming another mindless robot of society, following its laws, adhering to its values, is what he despised greatly. Getting back at the people who picked on him for years was just a plus.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 11:26 am

QuestionMark wrote:
Jollyhelpful wrote:
I would try to prove to him that what you experience in high school is a drop in the hat;comparatively speaking, to the rest of your life Don't worry about them and focus on High School bullies.

Well then he's going to laugh in your face and the plan is going to proceed anyways. Why? Because, quite frankly, Eric didn't care about the rest of his life. The thought of becoming another mindless robot of society, following its laws, adhering to its values, is what he despised greatly. Getting back at the people who picked on him for years was just a plus.

Neither one could have been swayed with words that morning.

For months if not a year before Eric and Dylan weren’t in a “normal” mindset.

It’s really interesting to hear Sue talk about how she felt like a zombie after the massacre and that’s how Dylan talked about his parents and others. Also the parallel of feeling ostracized

Contribution Points : 76261
Forum Reputation : 225

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 4:37 pm

ARE YOU PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY INSANE?!?!?! CALL THE FREAKIN' COPS!!!!!!!!

Also, to the last two or three posters in this thread: E&D didn't get back at people who picked on them.

DanielBryer likes this post

Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120503
Forum Reputation : 3191

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:57 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Also, to the last two or three posters in this thread: E&D didn't get back at people who picked on them.  

You're right, but I do feel the need to point out that the original plan was to bomb the school, which would've had the added effect of killing off a lot of the jocks that gave them so much shit. 

Not saying that was their prime motivation, just that it sweetened the deal.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 12:11 am

Eric and Dylan literally yelled in the library that they were getting back at people.

Contribution Points : 76261
Forum Reputation : 225

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: act   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Eric and Dylan literally yelled in the  library that they were getting back at people.

Well, if we're all going to agree that Eric's journal is just a great big "act," why do we have to take THAT at face value?
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97715
Forum Reputation : 440

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2018 12:51 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:

The Cops.

Hopefully they could jump E&D on the parking lot and send them packing to jail or shoot them dead. The simplest solution is the best solution here.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
ValiantSoldier

ValiantSoldier

Contribution Points : 58271
Forum Reputation : 0

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 1:42 pm

By then it would be to late to even try to get to Eric and Dylan because going back to 4/20 is last resort. So really just call the cops, the school, an adult. Maybe if I was an american or had a citizen ship and it is too late to stop them, I will have to have a death wish and engage them if I have a gun. Worst case scenario if I was in the same deranged mental state as they were maybe join them, but most definitely, call up and tell anyone to stop the shooting before it takes place or take it into my own hands if all else fails.
However, if I travelled back and was registered as a friend to them, try to talk them out of it or just send an urgent warning like I said above or maybe even just leave it be and try to get an answer why they did what they did. I know it sounds insane to anyone to leave it be, but think about the consequences after (a lot can be listed but I'm not going to here) and I could get an opportunity to see the basement tapes (maybe, but it's what so many of us want). Should I be extremely, extremely lucky, time travelling could end up in a sheer coincidence, which would be someone (or certain people there) trying to show me what went down on the day and everything I need to know, and maybe get unanswered questions answered, and these certain people could be you know who...

<<If all shall turn against me, I'll fight like I always have.>>

<<There are three kinds of people: those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.>>

<<Belka did absolutely nothing wrong.>>
Back to top Go down
DanielBryer

DanielBryer

Contribution Points : 29678
Forum Reputation : 104

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 11:49 am

I would shoot them dead before they could get to the school.

42099_4EVA dislikes this post

Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18880
Forum Reputation : 0

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2022 12:49 pm

Hit that blunt at 4:20 AM while alerting the authorities
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA

Contribution Points : 66010
Forum Reputation : 28

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitimeWed Mar 01, 2023 9:57 pm

Jollyhelpful wrote:
I would talk to Eric, Even at that point I feel like I may be able to talk him out of bombing the school; I would try to prove to him that what you experience in high school is a drop in the hat;comparatively speaking, to the rest of your life Don't worry about them and focus on High School bullies.

If I could go back to that day, I'd shoot Eric and Dylan with a tranquilizer gun and get them the hell out of Colorado, off of the SSRI drugs and help them to see that they could have the life they wanted but never really had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4/20 Time Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4/20 Time Travel   4/20 Time Travel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4/20 Time Travel
Page 1 of 1